Do you need the disc to play this?

McDurbin

http://www.telltalegames.com/walkingdead/400days/faq

How do I buy/install 400 Days?

400 Days cannot be purchased as a standalone game. It’s DLC (downloadable content) and therefore, you must have at least episode one, season one of The Walking Dead installed on your games system to play.400 Days will be available to buy from within The Walking Dead season one.

In case anyone was interested, You have to at least have episode 1.

You have to have episode 1, it just shows as a trial if you don't . I was able to borrow an account that had episode 1 on it so I can play the dlc.

The disc should work, it has all 5 episodes on it. I would have just rented it but I already have my max number of games out from gamefly.

Edited by McDurbin

i would think you need the disc just as you would any other game which you bought on disc that you have bought DLC for, so for example if you bought any COD DLC then you would need the COD disc to play the DLC same as you do for the walking dead disc, unless of course you bought the episodes on download like me which means i can play the game at any point, i never really see the point in bringing out a retail disc of an arcade game which probably works out the same price overall, or even cheaper on download.

i got the walking dead on cd in december 2012.

traded it to lower the price for my next game.

now the DLC is out, what is the BEST solution: Rebuy, Rent OR spend 400 msp 2 times.

i need a confirmed.

my thoughts what i could do: pre own-7 days, play DLC, and either i keep it just for season 2 this year or cash back.

If I have Episode 1 on my hard drive, I rented the game and beat it, can I play this or do I have to have all Episodes on my hard drive..

Yes, you can. You're only required to have "The Walking Dead - Episode 1: A New Day" installed in order to play this as it says in the details tab of "The Walking Dead: 400 Days". Since you have said episode installed on your hard drive already, you're good to go.