thats it, i'm done.

industrial

after playing through the main game on normal, I decided to start on the 2 DLC episodes. I started with The Signal.

I have spent the better part of an hour and a half now trying to get through the section with the streetlights and infinite amount taken spawning. Through the entire main game I never had this much trouble. The game is amazing, but this DLC is utter garbage in comparison. How the hell are you supposed to handle 7 taken at a time when you can run for more than 20 feet without being winded like a 600lb man chasing down a hot dog?

Sorry to all that disagree with me, but I need to vent my opinion.

I didn't have too much trouble with it. Lots of dodging, and a little bit of running. I definitely wouldn't say that the DLC's were garbage... perhaps a little difficult, but no worse than Nightmare mode. Just dodge, run, conserve that ammo...

A few tips:

• Use the street lights to your advantage. When they're on, they do kill the taken instantly when they are hit by the light (which happens enough to ease some tension)
  • Dodge, Dodge, Dodge... and if you can get a chance, a quick blast with the flashlight should slow them down enough to get some distance between you and them.
  • You can use a flare (don't just drop it... hold it and walk with it... it gives you at least a few seconds to get your bearings
  • Don't kill all the taken. They do spawn infinitely... but only when they are all dead. If you kill all but one of them, the others won't come until the last one dies. Dodging one taken is much easier than 5 or 6.

Hope this stuff helps you out.

• 2 months later...
i noticed going for the run on sentence achievement that the difficulty seemed much much harder than usual, with no way i could find to adjust it.
If you select "Episodes" from the Main Menu, it will ask you which difficulty to play on. Thats how you select it. Obviously, then just select "Normal" and the DLC episode you're wishing to play.

i kept to the right of the map and used a flare when ever the taken got close, never shot anything and you should get through pretty easy. :)

i did this, and i made it to the very end. however, i somehow died towards the very end. (i glitched of that crate u run jump on and it carries u to the other side) hmmph

• 2 weeks later...

Eh, I agree 100% with the OP -_- ..

Tis pretty ridiculous - to make things worse, I had The Writer and played through that DLC before The Signal - The Writer is SO much better.

I've played around 40mins of The Signal and cannot bring myself to continue, it's horrible :'[ !

Just made it to the end and died falling down the hole right before the boss. Yup, died from a fatal height falling down a mandatory hole. Great job Remedy. Turned off the 360 instantly. I cannot wait to send this game back to Lovefilm once it's done.

I wouldn't mind so much if there weren't so many sections where you have to wait for the in-game cut scene to finish before going forward. I know where to go and don't care about listening to Alan on the phone, just let me play the damn game!

EDIT: One last run through tonight and I got it. Now onto The Writer!

Edited by Kif

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I just finished my first run through getting the collectibles,not using cars etc. but started it with half a mind on the no deaths achievement and its quite a bit more intense enemy-wise than the main game.I'm going to go through it again and make sure to save some damn flare gun ammo for the final fight as it took me about 5 minutes-slightly more than 1m30secs.

I still enjoyed it as a dlc plus it was only 280 ms points-bargain!