"Beacons" sound cool

Worhammer

Don't know how many of you have heard of them. I just read about it on the dashboard preview forums, but they have a whole blog about it.

Beacons. We want to make it easy for you to connect with friends over your favorite games on Xbox LIVE, so we are introducing Beacons to the service. Beacons are a way to tell your Xbox LIVE and Facebook friends that you want to play a game on Xbox LIVE. By setting a Beacon, you tell Xbox LIVE what you want to play. Then, Xbox LIVE lets you know when friends are playing or want to play the same game.With Beacons, no matter what you're currently doing on Xbox LIVE your friends know that it's ok to ask you to play your Beaconed games. Imagine sending out a Beacon to let your friends know you're interested in playing Halo, while watching a movie on Netflix. It's about making it easier for you to share and discover games and multiplayer opportunities with friends on Xbox LIVE.

Linkage

So, thoughts? I think it sounds pretty awesome. I'm always down for jumping on MP, but I don't bother checking my friends list every 5 minutes to see who's playing what. So yeah.

That sounds cool. I would like that a lot. I wonder if you can put out more than one beacon. I'm also liking the other part of it.

I don't think you're supposed to talk about or give info out. It says this forum is only for registered users in the new Update coming up... Just saying, not sure if it's against rules.

That's from a public blog, my man. It's about 6 months old. :p

Only reason I mentioned the dashboard update (which I am allowed to say I'm in, according to the front page...) is cause the private forums were what linked to the blog, and were where I read about it.

-edit-

Actually, it looks like this is something that was announced at E3. Huh.

Edited by Worhammer