People who skip cutscenes?

EliteShadowMan

So as the thread title says. What do you guys think about people who skip cutscenes? i for one cannot see why people would if they are playing a game they like. Examples: Gears of War, Halo, Metal Gear, Splinter Cell, Mass Effect, Red Dead, GTA.

Reason why i say this is because people are missing out on the majority of some of the plot when they skip cutscenes.

Personally i feel that games shouldnt allow you to skip cutscenes for those good games not the bad ones like hannah montana (cause who wants to watch those anyway). But when the person beats the game once and they want to go through again for whatever reason, THEN they can skip the cutscenes.

Whats your opinions?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always watch the cutscenes in my first playthrough, but on the 2nd run i'll most of the time skip them (if i'm going for achievements only), for games like FFXIII i'll always watch them as those cutscenes are just amazing.

Some games you can't even skip the cutscenes, unless you have played through it atleast once.

I do believe as well that if you skip the cutscenes in games like Halo, Gears of War, CoD, Mass Effect, RDR, FFXIII and etc then you are DEFINITELY missing out on a huge majority of the games story line, but you can't stop people from skipping them if they don't want to watch them. So what can you do? :p

I only skip cutscenes if iv beaten the game. It pisses me off though when ur playing co-op with someone online and they skip the cutscene its !rude!

agreed lol, when i first played Resident Evil 5, my friend tried to skip cutscenes in coop all the time and i wouldnt hit the B button to skip so he would always gets angry.

It is like watching a movie and skipping bits, what is the point unless you have seen the movie before and know your favourite bits. If you think the story is shit, how do you know if you don't watch all of them. I know many films which are brilliant in parts but mundane in others...

for games like FFXIII i'll always watch them as those cutscenes are just amazing.
I watch any Final Fantasy cutscene, as the graphics are just mind blowing to see. I remember seeing the first cutscene in Final Fantasy 9 and I almost had a heartattack for how awesome the graphics were! Same thing for XIII. First cutscene I saw and I started to cry in joy for how incredible the graphics were. I did care for the story in the game, but I cared more about seeing Lightning in 1080p cutscenes! She's so sexy in the cinematic cutscenes!

I only skip cutscenes if iv beaten the game. It pisses me off though when ur playing co-op with someone online and they skip the cutscene its !rude!
It is annoying when you have to quit out of a match and have to watch something that you were already watching again.

well, i never tried or thought about skipping any cutscene even if i finished the game on one playthrough, it doesn't matter, like i finished RDR 2 times without skipping any cutscene. it really looks fun watching them again.

I only skip cutscenes if they annoy me.

For instance, I watched all the Dragon Age: Origins, Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, etc. cutscenes (except for the second time around).

On the other hand, Red Dead Redemption had a great story, but I became so annoyed towards the end of the game that I have hardly any idea what the story was about towards the end.

I get it when you have already played it before, but you are really missing out when its first time through. So many of these modern games are story driven in addition to actual game play, you are sort of only giving yourself part of what you paid for when you never watch them