100% Completion Requirements

Fizzmatix

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no specific location of my remaining bountys?
I didn't ever have to go anywhere to get a bounty. I did the game to 98 or so %, then did the last 5 or 6 I had to do. I did the others that appeared during game story. I had 2 in Austin to do. 3 in Paradiso. I just waited at Chuparosa or the other place. I'd save so it'd be morning, or until it was morning, go outside to the centre of the village bit, wait, and the skull would appear.

Same thing in Austin. Not sure if it was McFarlanes but i based myself there. Think I had to go to a spot near Tall Trees to kill them. Killed them. Then stayed in the lodge in Tall Trees (Manquito or something). Saved until it was morning, went outside, waited. Skull.

Now, this is MY experience. I have no idea if it was luck but I'm guessing it wasn't. The skulls will appear. Just save and wait.

You can check how many you need to do in the menus.

Edited by shilbo-assassin

I've finnished all story missions etc (99.04% finnished). The bountys I required are all in Mexico. Try as I might I couldnt find any named bounty's there, so I did the un-named bountys and they counted as the extra 0.06%

To cut it short you do NOT have to have all the named bountys [in Mexico] as stated above, as long as you do eight you are fine.

Edit: Bountys aren't [to the best of my knowledge] posted untill after 7am GAME TIME and the latest I've seen is about 4pm.

Edited by o SCURVY JIM o

I've finnished all story missions etc (99.04% finnished). The bountys I required are all in Mexico. Try as I might I couldnt find any named bounty's there, so I did the un-named bountys and they counted as the extra 0.06%

To cut it short you do NOT have to have all the named bountys [in Mexico] as stated above, as long as you do eight you are fine.

Edit: Bountys aren't [to the best of my knowledge] posted untill after 7am GAME TIME and the latest I've seen is about 4pm.

The bounties are based on LOCATION rather than NAME. E.g. Only 1 Bounty in Pike's Basin will give you 0.1%. If you do another in Pike's Basin, you will get no extra %.

i finished the game and i'm working on my 100% but 3 of my stranger mission didn't show up on the map...i only have 15/18...

1) Aztec Gold

2) California

3) Love is the Opiate

Am i doomed? do i have to start all over...PLEASE HELP!

Edited by R6soldier

i finished the game and i'm working on my 100% but 3 of my stranger mission didn't show up on the map...i only have 15/18...

1) Aztec Gold

2) California

3) Love is the Opiate

Am i doomed? do i have to start all over...PLEASE HELP!

im feeling you on this one thats exactly where i am now!!! did you find the answer?

im feeling you on this one thats exactly where i am now!!! did you find the answer?

Just go to the start locations for each stranger and they will pop up with the purple circle on the map. I thought that I would have to start again and then found a guide online and then completed them no probs. Can't remember where I found the guide though. Ill get bck to you when I find it!!

Just go to the start locations for each stranger and they will pop up with the purple circle on the map. I thought that I would have to start again and then found a guide online and then completed them no probs. Can't remember where I found the guide though. Ill get bck to you when I find it!!

http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Strangers

This site is also really helpfull for any little niggles that you have with the game as it gives locations and times that missions, animals and strangers appear.

• 2 weeks later...

use this link to connect your xbox live account to the rockstar's red dead page. you can see all of the bounties that youve collected.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/rdr/checklist.html

does anyone have any suggestions on how i can get more bounties to show up more frequently? i just have to complete my last six to get my 100%, but even when im in the us marshal uniform they seem to come up so rarely. i need a few more in mexico, is there one of the mexican uniforms thatll help?

I'm in trouble. Stuck at 99.5% right now. I have 13 houses, 7 hideouts, 12 outfits, 5 rare weapons, have completed the main story and all 18 needed strangers. Have 8 bounties from New Austin and Nuevo Paraiso, and 4 from West Elizabeth. I have all 94 areas found, 5 Job locations complete, I'm looking through and matching all of the criteria from the achievement guide, to my stats in game. I'm confused and a bit depressed to be honest. Any help?

Edit*: I found out what I needed. I had all 18 strangers, but the "I Know You" stranger was one of them, as in I didn't miss it. So I actually needed all 19 strangers opposed to the 18 that are required. Figured I'd throw this up here for anybody that may have had the same problem.

Edited by savingpvtsage

• 2 weeks later...

I'm stuck on 99.9%, i think i need to do a bounty hunter mission in Mexico as it only counts 7 done but every time i do a bounty (bounty poster with no picture keeps popping up) it doesn't count towards the final amount... any ideas would be appreciated...

after taking a bounty at McFarlane's ranch, it counted towards the Mexican bounty count randomly

Edited by jimance
useful information gained

Rank 10: Disarm any 6 enemies without reloading or changing weapon

Hint: You don't need to disarm 6 people in one go. You just need to disarm 6 people without reloading in general. I suggest you find somewhere with lots of people and use the Heavy Repeater. You will then have about 20 shots that you can waste without reloading. Use dead eye to slow down time but don't lock onto your enemies. Aim for their hand and fire. If you lock on you will reload after every dead eye sequence.

~~~~~~

having a little trouble getting this finished up. it is one of the last things i have to do for 100% achievement. while using a evans repeater/any gun with alot of amo capacity, i am trying to go in and out of dead eye. shooting each enemies hand, disarming them and going to the next. but everytime i go back into dead eye the second time, it automatically reloads my gun. (i am not locking on to them, i can see the 21/22 move to 22/22 as soon as i click dead eye) thus ruining the challenge, is there any tips you guys can give me? possibly on how/where exactly you got this challenge finished up? thanks in advance

I'm stuck on 99.9%, i think i need to do a bounty hunter mission in Mexico as it only counts 7 done but every time i do a bounty (bounty poster with no picture keeps popping up) it doesn't count towards the final amount... any ideas would be appreciated

just saw your post, i have been having this problem for a while now. i think those posters with ? pretty much mean you dont need any more bounties in that area? thats what i figured anyway, i was always catching bounties alive. i noticed when puting a waypoint on the bounties, the same guy i just took alive/killed 5 times (link houston) was there again. this is very annoying, but im praying i dont get stuck at no 99.%(at like 95% now), i did so many bounties but alot were in the same area.

Edited by niko da bos