Minecraft PS4 edition vs XBOX ONE edition

so minecraft is also coming to ps4 :(

when both versions are out, it will be interesting to see how they compare. its the same game (minecraft) but it will be different to the xbox one version (im pretty sure) because xbox one edition is by 4j and microsoft. who knows whos porting it to ps4.

Eh, don't know why you're making a sad face, this is good news for gamers on Playstation who've never played Minecraft. More of them get to exp it now :)

Eh, don't know why you're making a sad face, this is good news for gamers on Playstation who've never played Minecraft. More of them get to exp it now :)

meh. it will be good to see the differences between the ps4 version and xbox one version. (good or bad). but sad to see its not a console exclusive anymore.

What's there to compare really? Are the squares and blocks going to look better on one system over the other?

things to compare:

map sizes - one edition may have bigger maps

versions - one version may be ahead in versions

skins - one may allow you to have any skin you want

players in one game - one may allow you to have more players in one game

servers - one may allow servers 24/7

i hope the ps4 version isnt better :( but i think it will be. i can picture the ps4 version having a skin editior of some sort (instead of skin packs) and being ahead in version, or maybe start off behind then overtake.

Edited by JORDAN K 95

minecraft is also coming to ps3 and vita aswell as ps4......

I hope Xbox One's edition is better and runs smoother for xbox's sake.

i think both versions will run smoothly, and have a similar render distance and map size. but im pretty sure when the ps4 version releases it will be ahead of the xbox version in terms of version history. it will also be interesting to see how quickly the ps4s version is updated and if they decide to include a few things from newer update in older versions such as item frames and mob heads.

Edited by JORDAN K 95

4j studios tweeted this morning that they are developing for ps4, ps3, xbox 360, xbox one, and ps vita yesterday i believe it was. i would imagine then, that the ps4 and xbox one versions will be very similar as far as map size, updates, etc. they will likely start off the same. hopefully the vita version isn't like the pocket edition, and will be more like what we have now on the 360. i'm not sure on the hardware specs of the vita so i don't know how likely that is, but from playing mine i would say that is possible.

at least one thing is for sure...everybody on any console platform will receive the same amazing support from 4j that we've already seen. i have to say they are one of my favorite companies at the moment.

4j studios tweeted this morning that they are developing for ps4, ps3, xbox 360, xbox one, and ps vita yesterday i believe it was. i would imagine then, that the ps4 and xbox one versions will be very similar as far as map size, updates, etc. they will likely start off the same. hopefully the vita version isn't like the pocket edition, and will be more like what we have now on the 360. i'm not sure on the hardware specs of the vita so i don't know how likely that is, but from playing mine i would say that is possible.

Going by the Vita's specs, it could at least run the 1000x1000 map size that the Xbox 360 uses currently. That being said, the resolution is much smaller so they can probably up that and still keep a solid frame rate.

If I was a Vita owner I'd feel ripped off if it was the PE.

I definitely would be unhappy lol. it already sucks sometimes playing the Xbox version after playing on pc(but my friends only play the Xbox version)..."oh hey!! I'll just use some harden clay blo....damn, don't have them on Xbox yet" lol. its be even worse to go to pocket edition. 4j hasn't let us down yet, I couldn't imagine they would do that, unless they are doing a separate version specific to vita or something.

only time will tell though

What's there to compare really? Are the squares and blocks going to look better on one system over the other?

Yes. On the Xbox One, they're going to look SQUARIER! :p

Fantastic, why should it be an exclusive?

I doubt they're going to be any different either so there's no need to get your fanboy panties in a twist.

Besides, the PC version will still be better.

At this point, I don't think having Minecraft as an exclusive really helps Microsoft all that much. It helps, just not as much as some people think.

If anything, it's just good for gaming in general that it's made available on the PS4.

---

Besides ... at this point, I'm starting to feel sorry for the folks who pre-ordered a PS4. They don't have any good games coming their way other than 3rd Party games ... they deserve some Minecraft action ;)

None of the console versions will ever touch the PC but it's good that PlayStation fans get to play it.

Also, you can bet they won't get a old build like the XBLA edition did when it first got released, it'll likely be more up to date.

The new consoles could run the PC version pretty well. More than enough hardware to do it.

True enough, will they go full steam ahead and make the worlds "infinite" or will they limit it again just much larger. Hopefully the former but you never know.

Well technically the pc versions are not infinite either, I've seen the edge of the minecraft world, tis an odd place. (You're not supposed to be able to get there from what I understand, people had to mod to get there lol)

Well technically the pc versions are not infinite either, I've seen the edge of the minecraft world, tis an odd place. (You're not supposed to be able to get there from what I understand, people had to mod to get there lol)

That's why I used the quotes :p The edge of the world is just corrupted to shit basically, I've seen it and there's almost no chance you'd ever get there in regular play.

Well technically the pc versions are not infinite either, I've seen the edge of the minecraft world, tis an odd place.

To be fair I didn't think it was possible. I would have thought that your save file would have started to get too heavy for the game to process, or hard drive, or just something really horrible with the save file.

well. its good news to hear the 4j will also be developing for ps4, ps3 and vita.

i thought another company would be porting it over. but i guess not

i think versions will be the same, for all platforms, HUD will also be the same, except showing different buttons :p. and i guess its up to sony from there. i cant see ps3 and 360 edition getting the same skin packs.

seeing as its still 4j porting it im fine. i thought it would be another company that would be a lot faster at catching up etc. but keeping all versions on the same update will be a lot easier for them.

That's why I used the quotes :p The edge of the world is just corrupted to shit basically, I've seen it and there's almost no chance you'd ever get there in regular play.

as of beta 1.8 and later, minecraft on the pc doesn't have the corrupt far lands anymore. the terrain still looks kind of wonky, as past 32,000,000 blocks the normal generation stops and the rest of what you see past that is all fake terrain. there is a wall that stop you, but using commands you can fly past it and see that if you try to walk on the terrain past that point, you just fall through. prior to 1.8 it did look really crazy, and worth looking up pictures for.

as for getting there, it would definitely take some time, but it's doable.

To be fair I didn't think it was possible. I would have thought that your save file would have started to get too heavy for the game to process, or hard drive, or just something really horrible with the save file.

the way the game works stops it from getting like that, minecrafts generation is actually quite clever, it only keeps loaded what your using at that specific time so that its never using more processing power everything else is saved within the seed of the world or a small piece of code in the save file then is reloaded when you enter the chunk so the actual strain on a system fora massive world isnt that significant

well. its good news to hear the 4j will also be developing for ps4, ps3 and vita.

i thought another company would be porting it over. but i guess not

i think versions will be the same, for all platforms, HUD will also be the same, except showing different buttons :p. and i guess its up to sony from there. i cant see ps3 and 360 edition getting the same skin packs.

seeing as its still 4j porting it im fine. i thought it would be another company that would be a lot faster at catching up etc. but keeping all versions on the same update will be a lot easier for them.

now for my opinions on this... well for the first line, i dont think it is good news, 4J are a god awful developer and i really wish mojang would have given it to someone else

on the hud.. i think it wll be the same but i do wish they would take advantage of newer technology in this respect, the PS4 and Vita have touch pads... they should get them working with the mouse pointer and ditch the childish crafting display that is in the 360 version for the real one where you actually have to craft, its kind of a necessity on the xbox versions due to the fact the controllers would make the game too slow and clunky without it but sony have a solution and i would love to see the game brought more inline with the pc due to it

Edited by RDrules

• 2 weeks later...