Wolfenstein: The New Order

UBER difficulty thread

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I jumped straight in on Uber and its really not that hard at all. If you run out in the open and run and gun you WILL die ridiculously quick. Just make use of cover and its really easy. Ammo is plenty, AI is pretty simple, game has contextual lean so you can hug cover and lean in, out and over.

Health is also plenty too with a beneficial system. It basically goes up to 100 but as your health goes down, it recharges up in 20's. So if your health goes down to 81, it will automatically charge up to 100 if you stay hit free long enough. 61 -> 80 etc. If you have 100 health you can "overcharge" with picking up additional health kits which makes your health go as high as 200 but decrements -1 for every second until it reaches back down to 100. Health upgrades are collectable during some missions to push your overall max health, I'm just beginning Ch.6 and I think my max health is now 140 instead of 100. You also gain armour on top of health too which isn't scarce.

Worth jumping straight in on if your considering it as a first playthrough.

So is there a big difference between Death Incarnate and Über? I'm playing on DI now and it's not too bad. I just have to make use of the cover system more.

Maka, when could you verify of the uber glitch? I'm on mission 1 and would rather restart now rather than later.

I just thought I should do two playthroughs just to experience the game twice, but grinding the perk list twice couldn't get tedious and annoying. Happy Nazi killing gentleman :uzi:

So is there a big difference between Death Incarnate and Über? I'm playing on DI now and it's not too bad. I just have to make use of the cover system more.

Maka, when could you verify of the uber glitch? I'm on mission 1 and would rather restart now rather than later.

I just thought I should do two playthroughs just to experience the game twice, but grinding the perk list twice couldn't get tedious and annoying. Happy Nazi killing gentleman :uzi:

I wouldn't be able to personally verify it until about 12-18 hours from this post.

I have done the whole game on uber with only a couple of shouty/sweary bits other than the final boss (as mentioned in another thread) the first section is easy enough but once he drops to the fire pit he just will not die. tried for 3 hours over a couple of days, switched down to hard & still can't kill the fucker!!. it's easy until chapter 11/12 or so and then jumps up a bit due to the sheer number of enemies (especially those cunts with the shotgun shrapnel fire) more than anything else.

If you are struggling on the last level with the 2 long rooms for want of a better description i can offer a couple of tips.

First one, forger the shrapnel guy on the right, head down the left pathway killing anyone in the way, there is a large mech just round the left corner at the top. do not go too far to wake him and just throw a couple of grenades to kill him, then just hide in a room and pick the soldiers off as they come (there will be 2 annoying shrapnel people)

the 2nd room is actually easier if you use the following method.

After you have cleared the large courtyard you will go into a corridoor and the large room is on your right. before going in here, back out to the courtyard, pick up the mg-60(or called something similar) laser gun & recharge fully at the charger just by the entrance. go far enough into the long room to alert the big mechs and empty your lasergun, then simply run back to the courtyard & repeat, the enemies will come out after you wave at a time making them easy to pick off, you can even hide behind the concrete semi-circle in the courtyard & pick them off one by one if you wish although you may need to approach the room to get the final few to come to you.

one word of caution, after you have cleared the room you will open a door on the right. DO NOT STAND UNDER/NEAR the door looking to see if there are any enemies as the door will come down and kill you without saving the checkpoint (this made me swear, a lot) meaning you will need to clear the room again!

Dont forget there is a 7GB day one patch due out anytime now for the game, No idea if it will correct this.

First, props on the Inheritor rank in Reach. Secondly, isn't the patch out now? I did a digital download so I figured it came with it. But I'm not too sure...

First, props on the Inheritor rank in Reach. Secondly, isn't the patch out now? I did a digital download so I figured it came with it. But I'm not too sure...
Thanks man, as for the patch I have the disc version and never got prompted for an update, unless it was downloaded and installed when I first put the game in. Edited by k2345

Easy mode?! Come on guys!! Gives yourself a little challenge. I can't even imagine the stupidity of AI on the lower difficulties. Make your money at least a little worth it haha Death incarnate really isn't hard at all, but I'll be doing the switch last level :dance:

I don't mind playing through on UBER from start to finish. Shit I finished Mass Effect 3 on Insanity and did Dead Space 2 Hard To The Core. Its just I have a huge backlog and with Watch Dogs coming out next week I'd like to 1000G this as soon as possible.