Veteran- What was Difficult just got Easy

News and updates: I am really sorry for not finishing yet but no one has asked me to put up level specific guides on certain parts. If u don't belong to this site then message me on xbl if u need help. NOTEI won't be Playing cod this weekend, it is double exp weekend for gears of war and I need to rank up to 50 eventually. Sorry again

LOL I go I said I wasn't but I got done heart of Reich and blood and iron today!!!!

Hello, my name is Tim and I want to help people with the veteran difficulty. This will be eventually an extensive Guide on how to survive and go through tricky parts of missions.

My status on this game:

Vet missions: 12/15 Not in Order

GS: 735/1000(I think I am done all nonsecret side achievements all that's left is veteran)

Opinion of difficulty thus far:

7/10: Okay changed my opinion after doing burn em out and their land their blood.

Extremely simple but nessesary strats to beating veteran:

1. Stay Calm, Cool and Collected:

Many times players get so fustrated at a part that simply they can't beat. This is made worse by checkpoints not always poping up. Ex: you get somewhat further hoping for a cp(checkpoint),but no luck:( you move on to a new unknown area and die. After having a hissy fit and trying for 10 more minutes. You get a check point where you thought you would b4 but didn't. This p.o.'s me the most about this game but it is just a game. This cod hasn't been as bad as 4 with this happening so just stay calm through it all.

2. Eyes AND Ears

I can't say enough how crucial it is to listen as well as see. First off you can here BANZAAII!!! Being yelled a mile away and here that little clack of a grenade made before the indicater comes up. Another thing you can hear is whether an enemy has a automatic, semi-automatic, or michine gun firing. All in all hearing is just as important as seeing so turn up those speakers.

3. There's no I in team:

Another important thing to remember is let your teamates do something. Unlike you they can't fully die(they get to spawn). This makes it 10x easier to do things. A lot of times I let them go into a new room or area first so I know what to expect. Another thing is look who they are firing at and help them out.

4. Click....click KABOOM!!!!!

Surely no it is not a doctor, far from it. (if you think this is a stupid title for this section guess wat IDC!) Anyway if you played any cod vet campain you know how annoying grenades are. Fortunely in this one the icon fades as you move away making it easy to know if you should run or throw it back. Another thing is you can use them a lot to help yourself move up(smoke$ or take out a group of enemies(frag).

5. YouTube it, I tube it, WeTube it:

I haven't needed to use YouTube yet for this one but I did use it for the fourth cod and it really helps a lot. Just search the mission and watch a vid of someone doing it. This helps you by usually showing you the best route, showing a cheap spot to use, (Example: the spot from cod4 in one shot one kill where you can't be touched while waiting for e-vac) and it merely shows you it is infact possible to do the mission so don't give up!

Edited by xbig mac 14

6. I call her betsy:

Another important thing to remember is your weapon choice. You should always have a long range/semi-automatic and a automatic gun/flamethrower. Snipers work great most of the time especially for taking down mg turrets. Flamethrowers are great for close combat as well as covering yourself while damaged. Use watever combo is right for you.

7. Stabbed in the back:

Your knife is also somewhat important. Use it to *surprise, surprise* stab people with. Best used against banzais and upclose(duh)

8. Chameleons are afoot:

Watch out for hidding banzaii and spider holes. These are enough to ruin anybody's day. If you do get killed by one next life remeber to grenade or spray that area with bullets or fire.

9. Oh $#!% everyone RETREAT!!!!:

Escape routes are vital to staying alive. You should always use cover that you can run backwards from to get away from nades when you're weak. This probably one of the most important techniques. Also it is nessesary to make sure your cover actually covers you. Nobody wants to get shot from 10 directions so just make sure you move up slowly to avoid this. Also If you can't escape backwards it's worth it to move sideways to new cover or move up to new cover.

10. Heart of Gold:

And finally never give up no matter what. It IS possible no matter how hard it gets to finish this game. You even get an achievement for doing this(purple heart). I really encourage everyone not to quit because it gets tough just follow these tips and you'll succeed.

Edited by xbig mac 14

(I know I said finally above in number 10. But I can't fix it now.

11. Holy $#!%, where the fruak did his head go?!:

Sniping is one of the easiest ways to succeed. If you every see a scoped anything pick it up! You can pick off people so quick then go back In cover pump/reload the gun and pop up again. The scoped ariska is probably the best you can have considering most enemies carry that gun so you'll have plenty of ammo. Just watch out and be prepared for kamikazis.

12. NO SMOKING (not really):

Smokes are the best thing you can have. They make life easy. Use them in clutch situations or throw one at your feet while running away. If you have a automatic gun then pop some smokes and get behind the enemy but near cover. This way you can flank them easily and spray through the smoke if banzai start coming for you. Another thing is use them against MG turrents and such. Thank god there's no lung cancer in videogames:)

Okay now for some multiplayer help:

(I felt I should put this in here to again help people and fill up some room. I am not prestieged for 3 reasons: halo 3, cod 4 and gears 2 lol. I know what I am talking about and will prestiege soon. My k/d is 1.33ish)

1. WTF I KEEP GETING SNIPED OMFG!!!!:

This happens a lot and not just with sniping. People are soo stupid And don't realize if they keep running a certain way they are going to die. At this point you can a) leave the game altogether or b) kill the campe(I do this). Anyway you should always have a stealth class set up so this shouldn't be a problem.

I don't feel like writing more tips ATM so ill go to class set ups.

Class 1: SD CLASS 1/ defence

PRIMARY: STG/MP44 silenced

HANDGUN: TOKATOV(spelling?)

SPECNADE: FLARE

PRINADE: FRAG

PERK 1: BETTIES

PERK 2: STOPING POWER/CAMO

PERK 3: SECOND CHANCE

Class 2: SD CLASS 2/offence

Same as above but perk 1 changes to bomb squad or w/e

CLASS 3: current gun challenge gametypes: td or hq

Edited by xbig mac 14

Thank you and what mission is the trench one? I did like half the campain on regular like 2months ago and don't really remember. Ill do like 3 more missions today and update it with difficult spot guides. So far the part where you have to kill the sniper in the other building on vendetta was the only hard part for me. Again though I've done like 5 missions.

No offense, but everything you wrote in your guide is really just stating the obvious, and the missions you have completed so far are the easiest of the game.

Okay that's why it says SIMPLE BUT NESSESARY for the title and yes it is common sense but not all people do all this and that's why they get fustersted so I'm just trying to help.

As for the missions I've done(I assume you've done em all) I'm not done yet and I'm going back in order. Also did you find blowtorch and corkscrew easy??I didn't and doubt you did it without dying much.

That's it...you are simply being helpful.

I don't know why people have to be sarcastic about that...anyway, I just got this from GF & haven't even started yet...lookin' for tips b4 I play, I always appreciate help when I can get it.

Thanks for taking the time to write this up.

I was looking at another thread and saw people thought (basically) blowtorch n corkscrew, burn em out, and heart of the Reich/ downfall were the hardes soooo I am going to a) do them on vet myself b) make a difficult part guide and c) address any problems you have with these missions.

Sorry guys I haven't been doing campain much. Today I totally blew it off, all I did was throw a six and a half achievement then played cod 4 lol. Give me some slack though I did just beat cod 4 and I am still stressed out about no fighting in the war room level. So tmw ill do 2 missions in cod waw and please tell me YOUR difficult parts

Thanks,

The super amazing .:Timmy:.

Okay that's why it says SIMPLE BUT NESSESARY for the title and yes it is common sense but not all people do all this and that's why they get fustersted so I'm just trying to help.

As for the missions I've done(I assume you've done em all) I'm not done yet and I'm going back in order. Also did you find blowtorch and corkscrew easy??I didn't and doubt you did it without dying much.

Besides the beginning, I actually thought that mission wasn't hard at all. The beginning was a bitch, but after that I breezed through it.

Wouldn't it make more sense to actually beat the entire game on Veteran before you attempted to write a guide? I mean, that's like baking a cup cake for the first time and applying for a job at a bakery in Moscow, writing "Expert Cup cake maker" in the past experience section of your resume.

Okay well 3 reasons I wrote it b4

1. I'm had nothing else to do at the time

2. I did the whole campain(almost) not on vet thoough. I'm halfway through on vet

3. I beat cod 4 campain which in almost anybody's opinion is harder. The tips are communal through the 2 games. There is little difference(maybe the tank mission and such) but they are the same. Anyway the strats are 4 the whole game I didn't get to individual missions yet.

As to the guy with blowtorch mission: I thought so too:)

Btw guy above me(again) your sig is way off.... Halo 3 has like 1575 max now not 1000.

Edited by xbig mac 14

3. I beat cod 4 campain which in almost anybody's opinion is harder.
i disagree. And while you are right about there being over 1000 gamer points in halo 3 now, you don't have to include the DLC if you don't own them, it still counts as 100% until you get the DLC.

I would definetly say that blowtorch and corkscrew, heart of the riech and downfall are extremely difficult, i only did one of those three so far myself

Okay that's cool and I agree but I had soooo much trouble on no fighting in war room and one shot one kill in cod 4(if it wasn't for the hiding spot it wuld have taken longer)

I only did blowtorch of those 3 but it didn't compare to some of cod 4 again. Blowtorch was easy after u got to destroying 3 bunkers and figured out how to get in the last fortress.

EDIT: did u even do cod 4 campain lol I didn't say cod waw was easy but it is easier than 4

Okay I did hard landing and burn em out tonight and was ready to kill myself. I'm on the last bunker and can't get in easily. The one batch on left is soo annoying then I'm wondering how bleep do they fit like 30 guys in 1 bunker... WTF!

Okay guess wat guys, I did burn em out and their LAnd their blood. They both prove difficult but doable.

Just a quick update:

I've done all these missions below if u need help on any tell me which part and ill post a guide for it.

Sempi fi through burn em out AND eviction through breaking point.

If u would like me to do a particular mission next tell me. I can't and wont do downfall until the rest are finished.