FAQ: How to Stat Grind and Create Strong Characters

Asturgis

Why do I need to stat-grind ?

To kick The Fallen (140G) and the Absolute Conqueror (200G) in the nuts, and finish the 68 sidequests (200G) for a grand total of 540G. And, of course, to have a kick-ass party.

What is the best way to stat-grind ?

You would think you're supposed to link like crazy and fight everything you encounter to raise your BR as fast as possible, but it is the other way around. The idea here is to keep you BR very low so you can gain more stats between each BR. To do that, you have to follow a few rules :

Dodge EVERY ENEMY you see, and NEVER fight something that isn't a boss or a forced fight (like 2 immobile Skull Scavengers sitting on a chest, or Landworms in the mist). Save whenever you're not targeted and dodge like crazy getting all the chests (you will need what's inside for your über-characters).

Do every possible sidequest for cash and components (and because you have to), and finish ALL 42 sidequests of Disc 1 before leaving Nagapur to finish the disc. Try and do a shitload of Guild tasks for cash, new formations, achievements (at least one), and rare components you will need for your characters.

Last note : when you reach BR70 or so, you can disband all your unions and make a Rush-only union, and go grind in Robelia (room with the 10 Landworms) untill you build a chain of 500-1000, using only weapon and mystic arts commands. If you do that, you will gain only 2 or 3 BR and all your leaders (now in the roster) will have learned and improved all their arts. Great way to learn Second Chance and Kiss of Life and upgrade every art to its maximum level (or at least level IV).

Where should I grind on Disc 1 and on Disc 2 ?

1) When you hit BR10, enter Blackdale regular entrance for a first boosting session, turn right and save before entering the Obsidian Trail. Go in and you will see a Skull Scavenger sleeping on the floor. Go and fight him. It is going to be hard, so if he kills one of your leaders or 2 or 3 of your soldiers, exit and retry. Stop when you're BR25. Before BR10-12, you will be too weak. Use 2 or 3 full unions.

Bring Glenys, Caedmon and Baulson to boost them. Try and get Emmy too to replace Emma. More on the soldiers at the end of this post.

You can use this boosting session to up Emma a bit and be able to kill Namul-Niram (her and Rush need to have Remedies to be able to beat the Remnant at a low BR). You can also stop this boosting session at BR18-20, do the Nest of Eagles quest, get Emmy ASAP, and finish grinding here with Emmy in your party untill BR25-30. Then finish all the sidequests of Disc1 (all 42 of them) and finish Disc1. You should be around BR38 when you start Disc2 with all quests finished.

2) When you reach BR40 at the beginning of Disc2, go in the Grammi Tier - Anatoray part of the Ancient Ruins, first room on the left (second floor, you need to beat Ymir to gain access). You will have 3 Rockgraters roaming free. Ice them, then go back to the teleporter in the first zone, save, reload, and kill them again untill you're BR60-65. Forget about the Charibdys in here for boosting. If you don't find the 3 Rockgraters and Grand Rockgraters where I tell you, just exit AR and re-enter untill you get the right set-up.

Upon entering the AR, you can find on the first floor : Charibdys, Rockgraters, or nothing. Try each set-up, each one leading to different monsters in the next floors. Just try untill you get the monsters you need. This is also true for finding the Ancbolders on the third floor (they can be replaced by Greater Demons, in which case you will also find the Brynhildrs you need for one achieve).

3) When you reach BR60-65, grind in the Metopon Tier - Boreas (third floor). Go there after killing Holy Servant to get the key (he's in the room in front of the teleporter on the second floor) and kill Ancbolders, the giants I already talked about. They're easy and give a shitload of stats. Then do the save and reload trick in the room that leads to Demi-God.

To get the Jewel Steel you will need for almost every character's ultimate weapons, use the monster set-up that makes a single Diatryma appear in front of you when you reach the second floor. Save on the first floor, fight the Diatryma, and do the save/reload trick untill he drops Jewel Steel. He drops it 1/3 of the time, and by the numbers of 2 or 3, so he's the best and fastest way the get the precious metal in the game.

Let me be clear on this : apart from the DLC bosses, there isn't a single enemy that will give you better stats than Ancbolders, so when you reach BR90-100 and your stats don't upgrade much anymore, continue, you have no better choice. Also, when you get Hawkarang (the first weapon art you will get with Glenys's Swordflash), you can go kill The Fallen, then come back and grind some more.

Last thing : don't worry about following all this to the letter. When you feel like progressing the story, or do sidequests, or hike for components for Rush or your leaders, do it. It doesn't matter, really. Just do 1 big grinding session with Caedmon, Baulson and Emmy on Disc1 (with Glenys in the roster, or you can even use her), and 2 big ones on Disc2 in AR, the first versus Rockgraters untill you can pwn Holy Servant, then against Ancbolders untill you're god-like. This is the general idea.

Opening Ancient Ruins ?

Talk to the big Yama on the right of Athlum's pub, at the end of the street, and he will put a new Siebenbur Path on your map (the 2nd one). Go in, travel to the upper-left dead-end and open the Ancient Ruins with your beautiful DLC key (the DLC is free). You should be around BR40 when you enter this place. You can find Ancient Ruins maps on GameFAQs. They help a lot since you don't have your radar on in here.

Who should I use ?

Last but not least, you should use who you like, of course, but IMO Torgal, Baulson, Emmy, Jager, Caedmon and Glenys are the best. Irina is a very good healer and Psionics user, but you need muscle, not mystics, and all the people I have named are awsome healers too, except Torgal and Jager. You could also like Dave and Blocter, even Pagus, but I wouldn't use them. At the end of the game, Dave is useless, and Blocter has no weapon art even if he becomes immune to all satus-effects. The best choice of the 3 would be Pagus who has healing abilities and 2 weapon arts (one unique), but you can do better than him since he doesn't hurt much, and you will need hurt. Lots of it.

The only rule is to recruit the leaders you want ASAP, before grinding, put them in your active party, and NEVER change them. That's what I did with Baulson, Caedmon and Jager/Glenys. Once they're on the team, they stay on the team, because if you change a lot, they won't be as strong as they could.

What about the soldiers ?

On my third playtrough, I changed things and liked it. A lot. So here it is for you :

Union 1 : Rush, Baulson, Combat soldier, Herbs soldier, Herbs soldier.

Union 2 : Torgal, Glenys, Combat soldier, Herbs soldier, Herbs soldier.

Union 3 : Emmy, Caedmon, Combat soldier, Herbs soldier, Herbs soldier.

Rush, Baulson, Caedmon, Emmy and Glenys will be healing tanks at the end of the game, each one having Kiss of Life and Second Chance, so you don't need weaker units using Recovery arts. Forget about Lotions. And when I say "Combat soldier", I mean a soldier that uses, and I stress this, only weapon arts, has a 2-handed weapon, and a dual-wield combat style. For example, a soldier who holds a Tabar-Zin (like Blocter) with 2 hands, or a huge katana with 2 hands. These soldiers are the ones who have the more HP and do the more damage.

This set-up is for big fights. You can use 4 unions when grinding. This will allow you to boost 3 more soldiers. I would select the 3 Recovery arts users that have the most HP, and include them in the boosting sessions, you never know. Always select the soldiers that have the most HP. When you reach your last roster upgrade (before the 6 bases I think), check if a soldier or 2 are better than the ones you're using. If so, switch to them, and never switch again.

What about gear ?

Your soldiers can end the game with Divine weapons, so you can grind untill they upgrade to these. Also, they will must likely have a Roseraphim Bracelet for their HP. When you get your Goddess Wristlet, Emmy should ask for it. Give it to her, and some BR after that, everybody will clone it, giving you a +50% HP boost. I had to wait untill BR130, so be patient.

Finally, always say "Yes" when a leader asks for something (the most important being giving Emmy her Nightbloom), and always respond "Combat arts, of course" when a leader asks for advice. One false answer and Torgal will end with a gay magic wand instead of Halphas Dominus and Hawkarang. Also, at the end of the game, look for the Snievan's Belt print (defeat Enlightened Seven I think). Make it with the right components. Some leader will ask for it. Say "Yes" and most characters will clone it as well. It is the best attack accessory in the game, save for the Black Belt which is nearly impossible to make.

What about formations ?

I have found a good set of formations for the usual tanks (Rush, Jager, Emmy, Torgal, Baulson and Caedmon) which results in 4 unions 4-5-5-4 with Gobelet III Arrow II Arrow II Gobelet III. It's very balanced HP and ATK wise so your 4 unions are the same (no weak link). Adapt when using only 2 or 3 unions, of course, but I would stick with Gobelet III and Arrow II.

Finally, here are 2 other things I wrote to help a little…

FAQ on DLC bosses and how to defeat them

FAQ on auto-upgrading weapons and equipment

Edited by Asturgis

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I can tell you one thing

I know exactly how you feel, on my last playthrough I kept most of my leaders in for the whole game (I got right to the final boss) but I think I only had like 3-4.9K health with each union and it sucked big time and I just didn't get how other people could have so much HP so I'm hoping for some tips from this thread xD

I learnt two Weapon Arts, Hawkarang which to be honest was doing about the same as Lughs Revenge (sp?) but obviously coming up more often, and Snowblind with David but he never once used it

I'm on my second playthrough now (fighting Bai Zi at the exact same time and place I did on the first playthrough but it's much easier now) and I'm doing the whole "one enemy at a time) thing looking to beef up my stats, and I think my HP is quite a bit higher than it was first time around so that could be how people have such high HP I dunno

Oh and a word of advice about Weapon Arts, when I learned mine (using play it by ear as I said) I didn't actually use it, I just saw it on the list coming up, and at the end of the battle it didn't tell me I'd learnt it, so if you're not paying attention in battle you might have learned it already and not have noticed, so check their arts after every battle xD

Hey everybody :)

I didn't use the "search" engine, because I have been reading every single thread in here, from day one lol And that is exactly why I need this one. So this thread is for you TLR gods...

I have read character charts, party setups, posts on defeating the worst enemies, upgrading the best weapons... and I am at BR 100, and I feel weak.

I just came out of Darken Forest, and I died only twice in the whole game, one against the Gates of Hell, and one against Roeas and Castanea. I feel like I am breezing through the game, but I feel extremely weak when I look at your posts.

I have been using 4 unions (4 5 5 4) for the whole game, have been harvesting every level like crazy, have been stats grinding from level 70 to level 100 in Fornstrand and the 6th Path, have been splitting every creature I saw for components, and have been using nearly exclusively Combat Arts, and the "Play it by ear" command EVERY SINGLE TIME since BR 70 (thanks to Otaku who pointed out that it is the best way to upgrade and learn new arts).

Some of you, including a friend who helped me a lot, Ardorius, are talking about parties at BR 110 or 120, with twice the damage, HP, and arts than mine...

1) My weakest party has around 3000 HP, my strongest 4800 HP, and you guys are talking about parties with 6000 HP, and almost 10 000 HP if you just use leaders. If I just put the best leaders, I will not even reach 6000. I chose what I thought was a good setup for 5 unions : 2 leaders (1 of which can heal and resuscitate), 2 fighters and 1 that can heal and resuscitate). But a good balance between healing and fighting doesn't go with a lot of HP...

2) You guys are talking about Heaven's door, Hawkarang and ultimate Arcana Arts, but even with what I did, I have not a single one of them at BR 100. Some people even say they got Heaven's door at BR 45. Either they are lying, or I suck bad. Are these arts related to BR, ATK, weapons ? Nobody is clear on this in the forums.

3) You guys finally talk about the damage you deal, around 80 000 per union. My average is 20-25 000, sometimes 12 or 15K with weak unions, sometimes near 40K with strong unions and a lucky Special Art. But that's it. That's an average of 50 or 60K per turn, not per union. WTH ?

So that's it. I know this topic is long, and I know my english isn't perfect, but some of us need your help (I know I do lol). There have been topics to talk about this, dozens of them, but with no clear answer or checklist of what to do to build a strong character at the end of the game. No way we played for 80 hours and will cave in in front of the Absolute Conqueror or The Fallen :)

1) Did I do something wrong ? If so, what, so the people who are less advanced than me don't do the same mistakes.

2) Are my stats normal ? Is it just because I didn't try the Ancient Ruins yet, so I don't have good weapons, so I don't have Ultimate Arts ?

3) How is it that some of you have twice the HP I have ? There is just no way I will double my HP in just 10 or 20 BR...

4) I know I switched leaders and soldiers, not a lot, but twice, when I understood the game mechanisms (or lack of). Is it because I didn't use all my characters all the time, from the start ? They seem to upgrade exactly the same way in the roster, even if people say they don't. I have observed Baulson in the reserve for 30 BR, and he upgraded at the exact same rythm as my active leaders.

That's all the things I can think of. Please give us in here an idea of the level we should have at the endgame, the way you got there, what we shouldn't do or have done, which hasn't been discussed anywhere before.

Thanks in advance, except trying the Ancient Ruins, I don't know what to do or where to go anymore... :(

That's a long post o.o

I'll start off by saying why the hell did you grind in Fornstrand and the 6th path from BR 70 to 100? The Ancient ruins is basically the only place to go for that BR. You get more stats per BR there, so you become more powerful compared to enemies.

The rest I will answer step by step, like you did. Else I will lose track :p

1) Some say combat specialized soldiers have higher defense and evasion. I don't believe this and stick with my usual setup: 2 leaders, 2 herb users, 1 lotion user for every combat oriented union. My mystic union (if I have any) ALWAYS has Irina, along with another good mystic user (in my save I chose Pagus), a hexer, evocer and another healer. Btw, I got to 9000+ hp using 2 leaders + soldiers, not 5 leaders in a union :p both my combat unions have 9000+ hp.

2) The name says it already, they are Weapon Arts. Meaning, you will learn them from weapons. Weapons will be upgraded by either gaining BR (recommended), or by collecting components (a must for the final upgrade I think, but for the rest, just get your BR up). Arcana is learned by creating a synergy, e.g. 3x Invocations, 4x Evocations, 4x Hexes, 3x Remedies, 4x All different spells (Invocations, Evocations, Hexes, Psionics) without being interrupted. You also need luck to trigger it and some higher level spells (Spark III+)

3) If you stick with the same units throughout the game, they will learn arts of course, and gain strength and thus become stronger. My Deacon (soldier you can hire at the start) does 20k damage with Dragon's Flight alone. I do hire new soldiers after certain story events, but I always tend to keep my BR low until I have all the soldiers I want.

-

1) (why not make it #4? >.<) You grinded at the wrong place, your morale needs to be near to zero for you to gain maximum advantage. I think Fornstrand and The Sixth Path don't. Also don't switch your whole setup. Chose what you want at the end, and build those characters up. I just started a new game and decided to use the same soldiers for my 2 combat unions, although I can't all hire them before Nest of Eagles, I will get them a.s.a.p. and never switch them again. I'm just before NoE now with BR 13 so they won't suffer a lot from the switch.

2) Ultimate Arts are basically only useful against The Fallen, The Absolute Conqueror and the DLC bosses. For the rest of the game, you don't even need them. Hell, I beat The Fallen without having any Weapon Art or Arcana (Arcana is useless against single enemies anyway) on my first try.

3) Again, stick to your units. They will probably have more hp than the new ones you can hire, if you grind right. Also, at certain BR's your soldiers will upgrade their equipment. On my main save I am BR 133 now, and my soldiers all have accessory that give +50% hp. This gave me a boost of like 1500-2000 hp per union in just a few BR's.

4) I had Caedmon in my reserve all the time too. All his stats (str, speed, etc) were about the same as the rest of my leaders. However, there was one stat that stayed behind: hp. While my Baulson had like 2200 hp, Torgal 2400, Caedmon only had 1300, that's even lower than my Emmy or Rush. I'm thinking this is because I haven't used him in my main team. Now, on my new save, Caedmon has about the same as Torgal and Baulson.

Trying the Ancient Ruins now is a bit late, you should have went there much earlier :p my first time was around BR 40.

Please man don't tell me I screwed up before BR70, because it is true that before that I tried to link as much monsters as possible. Damn, this is messed up, it is said everywhere that you have to link like crazy to get the best items and capture monsters to split them. So I did... There is no way in Hell I am doing this game twice and putting with another 80 hours of "Come on out !" that make me want to kill someone :)

Even if I linked a lot before BR70, I didn't all the time and it couldn't be responsible for this huge gap in HP, could it ?

I don't get it, really... I haven't find anything hard up to now, and was surprised people said it was hard, but I have half the stats of some guys and now it is becoming hard. My fight against the Magick Idol at the end of Yuniver's quest lasted for 40 minutes...

For the Weapon Arts, trust me I look at the list every time I save lol Especially since I grind while watching 24 :p

EDIT for Ardorius : man, I live only for those two 200G achieves right now. If you're telling me right here right now I have no way of beating the Fallen and the AC with my stats, and I need to restart a game, there are 20% chances I will start again and not continue to waste my time, and 80% chances I will never play this game again. Learning you can't have half the achieves after 80+ hours is messed up. I seriously wish the B and C teams at Square-Enix and Tri-Ace that committed this game and Infinite Undiscovery were hired at a McDonald's instead of in the game industry.

Edited by Asturgis

Please man don't tell me I screwed up before BR70, because it is true that before that I tried to link as much monsters as possible. Damn, this is messed up, it is said everywhere that you have to link like crazy to get the best items and capture monsters to split them. So I did... There is no way in Hell I am doing this game twice and putting with another 80 hours of "Come on out !" that make me want to kill someone :)

Even if I linked a lot before BR70, I didn't all the time and it couldn't be responsible for this huge gap in HP, could it ?

I don't get it, really... I haven't find anything hard up to now, and was surprised people said it was hard, but I have half the stats of some guys and now it is becoming hard. My fight against the Magick Idol at the end of Yuniver's quest lasted for 40 minutes...

For the Weapon Arts, trust me I look at the list every time I save lol Especially since I grind while watching 24 :p

You don't have to dig much anyway. The only time I digged is when I needed specific components and on The Assistant side quest. I already got my 1000g and I am doing this game for a 3rd time now. I actually like playing this game and getting the best possible. My first playthrough I finished with a BR around 80 and I also only had 4000-4800 hp, I also linked everything possible. Then I overwrote that save seeing as I couldn't get all the achievements there anyway, and followed everyone's advice of not linking monsters. I ended up with the setup you've probably read about 5 times already on different threads :p

I like overpowering myself, so I play this game in a different way now. I load my save if I accidentally have to fight a monster I didn't have to fight. I only fight bosses and monsters I have to beat for side quests. Again, I am BR 13 now and just before NoE. I know skills like Mighty Smash IV on this BR lol.

BR 1 to 70 is a long way, so if you linked during that whole time I think it does mess up your stats a lot. I don't even get why people link, you don't need the money or components anyway... Just get your BR up and get your soldiers/leaders to upgrade their stuff. If you're already BR 100 with 4000 hp, I'd say start over because you will probably never beat the Absolute Conqueror... even with a 5 leader-only party like I did, you probably won't get over 7000 hp and that's about what his Obliterate III did to me if I wasn't lucky enough to dodge it. Starting over doesn't take that long if you just do the side quests and main story, without fighting anything else. Took me about 6-7 hours to where I am now.

Haha, Infinite Undiscovery was lame to get all achievements on. Compulsive without an ingame item list, how gay is that? Not to mention a 1 gamerscore achievement for beating the whole game on Infinity mode again (I just did Compulsive and that one in my Infinity playthrough, rare items drop more on a harder difficulty).

Starting over doesn't take that long if you just do the side quests and main story, without fighting anything else. Took me about 6-7 hours to where I am now.

Yeah man but when you say "just do the main story and the side quests"... well... yeah there isn't anything else to do lol nIt is going to take me at least 3 weeks to come back where I am right now, I don't know if I can endure that :)

I have refused to start again on Infinite Undiscovery just because Sigmund wouldn't give me his music note or whatever, and I missed one chest. ONE CHEST during the boss fight on the beach. Ridiculous...

EDIT : so if I have the heart and the balls to try it again, from scratch, what should I avoid, what places should I boost in, what places should I just run trough ? It would be a big help not to screw up again :)

Edited by Asturgis

Yeah man but when you say "just do the main story and the side quests"... well... yeah there isn't anything else to do lol nIt is going to take me at least 3 weeks to come back where I am right now, I don't know if I can endure that :)

I have refused to start again on Infinite Undiscovery just because Sigmund wouldn't give me his music note or whatever, and I missed one chest. ONE CHEST during the boss fight on the beach. Ridiculous...

EDIT : so if I have the heart and the balls to try it again, from scratch, what should I avoid, what places should I boost in, what places should I just run trough ? It would be a big help not to screw up again :)

If you want to do it like me:

- Only hire soldiers that can use herbs, and 1 in each union with lotions.

- For a mystic union have at least 1 lotion user also (unless your union leader learns lotions)

- Just run through the story fightning nothing until after Numor Mines (after that you can use 5 leaders and make 3 unions of 4)

- After that, grind from whatever BR you are to 30 in Blackdale Obsidian Trail

- Do every side quest available, I use this: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=939444&topic=47570398

- You can basically beat disc 1 with this, after that, grind on disc 2 in The First Path until BR 50-70, not sure when morale goes up.

- Open Ancient Ruins, grind there a lot more if needed, else do side quests and continue the story.

I haven't actually tried it out yet, but it's what I'm planning to do now. I'm on BR 19 now. Still before NoE, doing side quests... almost done with them :p

I know if I was in your shoes I probably won't play this game again. I'm already at battle rank 79 and I'm hoping its not too late to get my stats up there to take out absolute conqueror. My best union right now is Rush's union that has Blocter and 3 other soldiers with 4,400 hps. Their damage ranges from 10k to 30k depending on the skills I can select. Omnistrike does close to 30k now. That is my best union though. My weakest is Emmy's union with 3 other soldiers and they only have 2300 hps. At least her Hundred Flowers does about 30k damage. Although that unit regular hits for 8k to 15k.

I'm the kind of person that would like to get all the achievements from my games but I just don't have the time anymore. There are lots of games I want to play (Eternal Sonata and Tales of Vesperia) and if I just don't get the full 1k for this game on this playthrough I'm just going to stop and go on and play the next game on my list. Perhaps if I ever get a downtime between game I'll go back to get achievements but I usually use those times to play downloadable games. I just really liked this game so I'm trying to make an effort to get the 1k for this game. As opposed to Infinite Undiscovery which I did not like at all.

I'm in the same conundrum.

I was level 78 when I started Stat grinding in the first path per Ardorius' advice. My morale bar is still in the middle when I start, and I pretty much get at least 4-5 increases per fight, so its not all bad.

My HP is still ridiculosuly low. My highest union has Rush and Blocter and is barely at aorund ,2800-ish. Although it was below 2500 when I started and I've only had time to grind for about 1-1.5 hours. So I'd say its not too bad. Just waiting for the mroeal bar to start lower to go grind in the Ancient Ruins.

Although thats pretty low, I still feel my damage has gone up recently. In my first turn, where my AP is low and only manage to pull off 1 or 2 combat arts, I now average 17-25k per union (more if I get lucky), bringing my first round total damage to around 65-80k. Can't wait to fight someone strong that really let's me use multiple high level arts. Hoping to break the 100k barrier.

What I guess I find interesting is that pretty much since halfway through disk 1, Baulson, David, Blocter and Caedmon kept asking me for Necrotic Metal, whe I was obviously in no position to get it. And now that I'm getting close to it, nobody wants it. Ungrateful bastards! :)

Also, I've seen some posts here saying that you should give certain weapons you get to certain characters. But I thought, you can't give it to them unless they request it. So, if you have the weapon, do they end up requesting it?

Thanks!

@Ardorius: I remember you said that if I'm Level 70+ I should go to the Ancient Ruins, but since i'd never stat grinded and was underpowered, I figured I'd give the first path a try. And so far its been working. My morale bar always starts in the middle, I always kill pretty much everyone in the first roud, and I get at least 4- stat increases and have gotten as many as 12-15, so I'd say its not too shabby so far. Hopefully I can grding enought to break 4k health over the weekend.

Any mimimum health suggestions for The Fallen?

Ardorius : so according to you, my friend, I should just avoid every fight, dodge like crazy and only play the boss fights untill Heroic Ramparts ? And only do the missable quests, the one with Emma and the one with Baulson, and start real business from this point ? Man, is that even possible ? I know the game difficulty is BR related, but at one point or another, if I challenge Namul & Niram or a strong union (you can't dodge everybody) in Numor Mine, I am going to be killed in one blow, no ? But your idea is actually genius. I am at Ivory Peaks right now, haven't fought a single battle and I am BR 4 :) But I am weak. Seriously weak.

Eektor : as Ardorius said to me, I will say to you my friend : you're screwed. The stats you describe are EXACTLY mine at your level, and even if they allow you to progress without difficulty, they won't be enough for the Absolute Conqueror. If unlike me you go right now in Ancient Remparts and grind and upgrade your weapons with the save and reload trick, you may be strong enough for The Fallen and you will be able to reach 800/1000G.

Jrm : don't be like me (I mean stupid lol), I thought exactly what you are thinking "Hey, I keep getting 4-5 upgrades per fight and my Morale is in the middle, so it is working !". Well, it isn't. According to Ardorius and others, the amount you gain in your 4-5 upgrades isn't the same as it would be in the Ancients Ruins or Remparts or whatever, I play a lot of games and every game has fricking ruins or remparts :) So I did exactly like you, and I had 4-5 upgrades per kill for like 30 BR. And when I reached 100, I was more powerfull, but my HP sucked and it wasn't enough. So go to the Ancient Thingies and grind like a madman, forget the Xth paths.

Edited by Asturgis

Ardorius : so according to you, my friend, I should just avoid every fight, dodge like crazy and only play the boss fights untill Heroic Ramparts ? And only do the missable quests, the one with Emma and the one with Baulson, and start real business from this point ? Man, is that even possible ? I know the game difficulty is BR related, but At one point or another, if I challenge Namul & Niram or a strong union (you can't dodge everybody) in Numor Mine, I am going to be killed in one blow, no ? But you idea is actually genious. I am at Ivory Peaks right now, haven't fought a single battle and I am BR 4 :) But I am weak. Seriously weak.

Eektor : as Ardorius said to me, I will say to you my friend : you're screwed. The stats you describe are EXACTLY mine at your level, and even if they allow you to progress without difficulty, they won't be enough for the Conqueror. If unlike me you go right now in Ancient Remparts and grind and upgrade your weapons with the save and reload trick, you may be strong enough for The Fallen and you will be able to reach 800/1000G.

Jrm : don't be like me (I mean stupid lol), I thought exactly what you are thinking "Hey, I keep getting 4-5 upgrades per fight and my Morale is in the middle, so it is working !". Well, it isn't. According to Ardorius and others, the amount you gain in your 4-5 upgrades isn't the same as it would be in the Ancients Ruins or Remparts or whatever, I play a lot of games and every game has fricking ruins or remparts :) So I did exactly like you, and I had 4-5 upgrades per kill for like 30 BR. And when I reached 100, I was more powerfull, but my HP sucked and it wasn't enough. So go to the Ancient Thingies and grind like a madman, forget the Xth paths.

Well I do all the side quests, also the non missable ones. That's why I'm BR 19 now, still before NoE. Just 2 quests to go in order to go on with the story. I didn't have trouble with Namul Niram at all, I basically used ''keep up your hp'' every round except for when I dodged one of his attacks. I used Hawk-Eye formation to make dodging more likely, too.

And you can dodge everything, just save a lot and reload xD at least that's what I do, but if you do fight every now and then it shouldn't mess up your stats anyway.

@Infinity Master: Hmm, I never thought of that. I thought that everytime HP or somehting increased, it increased by the same amount. I guess I'l be grinding at the Ancient Ruins toinight and see how it goes. (hopefully I'll have time with all the TV shows comin back, Yay Supernatural! :) )

So why have you done side quests before getting your party upgrade just before Heroic Remparts ? Why didn't you wait ?

Some people get stats maxed at like BR 70-80. Personally I don't care when I get stats maxed, I only care that they are maxed even if it is at BR 130, so it can't hurt to do quests now. It's just a matter of preferences I guess.

@Ardorius: Do we know what exactly those maxed stats are? Likehow high Hp Str and all that can go? Just so I have some sort of cap to aim for.

I did find it somewhere on internet for a lot of chars, all I remember from it is some soldiers like Deacon and Sutherby's hp is maxed at like 1660 (with +30% hp accessory, can get upgraded to 50% so even more hp) and Rush's str at 86. I can't remember the rest :(

Some people get stats maxed at like BR 70-80. Personally I don't care when I get stats maxed, I only care that they are maxed even if it is at BR 130, so it can't hurt to do quests now. It's just a matter of preferences I guess.

Well, it is also a matter of defeating a BR70 Absolute Conqueror or a BR130 one lol I followed your advice, I am in Numor Mine and I am BR05 lollllllllllll

As soon as I get my party upgrade, it's boosting time :)