Newest Update Causing Freezing?

SRJB

Hey guys and gals,

Has anyone had any problems with their Xbox since the latest update? Mine fezzes at the dashboard before the new desktop comes up, so I get stuck with the loading circle frozen, I am unable to use any controls, even the guide button doesn't seem to work.

I held down the power button for a few seconds, which seemed to reset my display settings, but the problem persists. I have unplugged the power and have tried multiple times to get it to load past start-up.

Anyone else with this problem?

xbox live is being shit yet again. surprise surprise. Its the same with me don't worry. I sign in on my account and it freezes immedietely on the dashboard. Probably crashes while loading all the taco bell and justin bieber ads plastered all over the fucking thing.

I'm so happy that we get to pay for ads!

As for me though, I haven't had any issues with freezing... yet.

I wrote into support via Twitter since that's the only quick way to get a response out of Xbox support. The only solution right now is to not sign in with live. Which is dumb considering all the games I want to play are online. Oh well. Guess it's time to wait.

I wrote into support via Twitter since that's the only quick way to get a response out of Xbox support. The only solution right now is to not sign in with live. Which is dumb considering all the games I want to play are online. Oh well. Guess it's time to wait.

stupid question here, but what do i do? just disable my wireless on my modem?

TEMPORARY FIX!

Hey everyone! I'm experiencing the exact same problem. Microsoft support is backed up and I'm waiting for a call. BUT Don't you worry, I discovered something that can help you at least play your games or watch DVDs

Basically start up your xbox, but DO NOT sign in. Instead hit your guide button and load the game that's already in your console. Then play your game! It will ask you at some point to sign on so you can save, and that's when you can sign in.

It worked for me, and I can see my friends. But whatever you do, DO NOT go back to the dashboard or it will freeze.

I will post any updates I come across once microsoft presents me with a solution.

TEMPORARY FIX!

Hey everyone! I'm experiencing the exact same problem. Microsoft support is backed up and I'm waiting for a call. BUT Don't you worry, I discovered something that can help you at least play your games or watch DVDs

Basically start up your xbox, but DO NOT sign in. Instead hit your guide button and load the game that's already in your console. Then play your game! It will ask you at some point to sign on so you can save, and that's when you can sign in.

It worked for me, and I can see my friends. But whatever you do, DO NOT go back to the dashboard or it will freeze.

I will post any updates I come across once microsoft presents me with a solution.

umm, as soon as i turn on my xbox it freezes, i dont have the option to sign in or not.

Mine did that at first, I unpugged everything and plugged it back in. It took maybe a few times. Hopefully it helps

I tried that too the first time i got angry lol. I think my xbox is set to automatic sign in or something, is it possible for me to get on xbox.com and change my settings online? probably not..

I tried that too the first time i got angry lol. I think my xbox is set to automatic sign in or something, is it possible for me to get on xbox.com and change my settings online? probably not..

That one I do not know, I've never activated the automatic sign in just incase of these problems. I'd recommend googling it and seeing if any forums have a solution to that. But I believe just because it's related to console, you'll have to do it through that. I'll be sure to inquire about that once microsoft contacts me.

stupid question here, but what do i do? just disable my wireless on my modem?

I have an old xbox where you can just unplug the usb wireless adapter in the back. If you're using the slim which I believe has the wireless built in, I'm not sure how to sign in without unplugging your wireless modem altogether like you suggested. Anyone else?

just tried something that is so far working. sign in without connecting to xbox live. then load up your game and connect to live once your in your game, going back to the dashboard freezes it again. sooo im guessing the dashboard is whats screwed up

^^This works which is perfect. Thanks a bunch. All I wanted to do today was kick back and play some infuriating games online. Kinda defeats the purpose of a relaxing day off doesn't it? Xbox replied on Twitter and said they are investigating.

Hey guys and gals,

Has anyone had any problems with their Xbox since the latest update? Mine fezzes at the dashboard before the new desktop comes up, so I get stuck with the loading circle frozen, I am unable to use any controls, even the guide button doesn't seem to work.

I held down the power button for a few seconds, which seemed to reset my display settings, but the problem persists. I have unplugged the power and have tried multiple times to get it to load past start-up.

Anyone else with this problem?

I have the same problem, all you gotta do is unplug ur internet, and start a game, then sign in after you got in a game, it doesn't freeze but don't go to dashboard anymore

^^This works which is perfect. Thanks a bunch. All I wanted to do today was kick back and play some infuriating games online. Kinda defeats the purpose of a relaxing day off doesn't it? Xbox replied on Twitter and said they are investigating.

no problem, yea only day off this week and that really put a damper on it lol, i really hope they fix this soon tho