Quick Money

Alex123

I am getting this game later today and was wondering what the best way to make money early on in the game. I do not use cheats, but tips and tricks are nice :woop:. Can't wait to play!!!

*Please try to limit spoilers

This article should help too:

http://www.gamefront.com/grand-theft-auto-5-how-to-earn-spend-200-million-dollars/

And for the assassination missions, invest in the following companies beforehand:

The Hotel Assassination - BetaPharmasuticals

The Multi Target Assassination - Debonaire - Stock symbol is DEB

The Vice Assassination - iFruit

Construction Assassination - Gold Coast Development - Stock symbol is GCD

Edited by Alex123

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A tip? How about getting the game and just playing it to see how things work out? :confused:

You can make a LOT of money through missions

Not in the beginning, you are getting shitty payment!

...and the whole stock exchange thing.

That is only if you already got some good amount of cash to spend obviously. Won't do much if you start with 200 bucks right!?

As for me I started robbing stores, you can get easily 200-500 $, not really much but still though.

So far I'm still trying to figure out how to get the real cash from the armored bank trucks. They say to shoot the middle of the rear doors but didn't happen much or blow them up, didn't work either!

So far I'm still trying to figure out how to get the real cash from the armored bank trucks. They say to shoot the middle of the rear doors but didn't happen much or blow them up, didn't work either!

I got a little blue dot on my map earlier (like in RDR) which was an armored truck to steal, found it impossible to open the back doors so I just crashed it into every wall I could find for 20 minutes. Got 5k from the back and a wanted level after it blew up

I got a little blue dot on my map earlier (like in RDR) which was an armored truck to steal, found it impossible to open the back doors so I just crashed it into every wall I could find for 20 minutes. Got 5k from the back and a wanted level after it blew up

Haha well that's an effort for 5k not bad. I'm going to try this next time!

i fired like 5-10 shots from a pistol at the back doors of the truck. they opened and a suitcase dropped on the street. unfortunately i did not notice how much money i got, as there were cops all over the place :/

as Franklin I rescued a guys bike twice in random encounters (once a BMX, once a motor bike) and then I got an email from the guy thanking me and giving me $100,000 in shares in his company (animalARK)

Sold em and made a nice little profit.

I also found an armored car that had the driver walking to the car with a briefcase in his hand, killed him and took it for an easy 5k.

I fucked up. I tried to escape the police, jumped a railing and didn't realise it wasn't ground below me. As soon as I hit the water, the doors came open.

Nice find! Will try this as soon as I can. WHERE THE FUCK IS MY 6PM APPOINTMENT? I'm locking the doors at 6:30....screw my pay-check.

Does this game use realistic product/service costs? For example, does a haircut cost anywhere from $7 to ~$25 (depending on style and type of shop or salon) or do they cost the 'make believe' costs that a lot of games do where a haircut (depending on style) costs hundreds of dollars? I hope it's the former. Would increase the immersion quite a bit.

Edited by Nevander

Does this game use realistic product/service costs? For example, does a haircut cost anywhere from $7 to ~$25 (depending on style and type of shop or salon) or do they cost the 'make believe' costs that a lot of games do where a haircut (depending on style) costs hundreds of dollars? I hope it's the latter. Would increase the immersion quite a bit.

I think you mean the former. And no, it's the latter ... some haircuts are upwards of $100.

Oops, yea I meant the former hah. Dang. Not a big deal but was kinda hoping they made the money system realistic.

A guy i lived with at uni once paid around £60 (noone knows why or what he was thinking) for a styled haircut, so it could be a bit realistic depending on what it is haha.

By the time i cashed in and sold my shares from the assassination missions i made a profit of around $600,000, so its well worth looking into doing those as theyre relatively early and not all that time consuming. Currently have $1.2m so might start buying some properties.

By the time i cashed in and sold my shares from the assassination missions i made a profit of around $600,000, so its well worth looking into doing those as theyre relatively early and not all that time consuming. Currently have $1.2m so might start buying some properties.

Sounds sweet. Might do the same.