Wanted makes me feel ill

Mr Matty

Well.... The problem with this achievement is that-

It takes $5 million dollars to get to level 10

Accepted fastest method= Hangman's noose with 2-4 players gaining $4500 with occasional plus or minus cash at 2-2:30-3-4-7 Minutes.

Lobby time to find a match with a reliable friend or group to allow for many 2-2:30-3 minute matches can be 2-3 minutes itself. Not to mention that there will be a good deal of missions that are complete wastes of time due to team/Petrovich killing team members, Petrovich not spawning correctly, incompetents dying or quitting so the match doesn't count, etc.

After having gotten Auf Wiedersehen Petrovich, assuming a fair amount of boosting as opposed to legitimate playing, one will likely be between $250k and $400k.

But disregarding that pittance of cash and assuming just the fastest way to get to level 10-

1111 Matches of Hangman's noose at 3 minutes per match plus lobby time= 3333min = 55.55 hours. Ouch.

If things aren't going that great and you figure 4 minutes per match plus lobby, 4444 min= 74 hours.

Since your mileage may vary, and very likely will vary on the side of slower..... 55-75-100 hours to get those 20 points can be a bit grating. Especially when you consider that this is the fastest way.... Imagine trying this in any other game mode. Ask yourself if Rockstar really thought that $5million was a reasonable expectation of how long someone would play the game, then you may see why people are a bit frustrated at it...

If at the very least they had made the CO-OP modes co-operative and allowed replaying in the same lobby with people you met, or invited friends, instead of kicking back to a new lobby search each time. I for one would have been a lot happier. Try it for a while yourself or read some of the posts like this one or this one and you will see why having to find a new lobby of players really really sucks.

As of this post, I recently reached level 9 and am half way to the end.... half way.... I don't like to think about it. :(

So I also have to speed things up, because if I'll take too much time before getting this shit working then people going for it will start playing other games, as usual. What the hell, this really sounds bad, I always go after hard or time consuming achievements, but online is not my working field. Honestly I care really little of G points (except a particular one lol), but I like getting the most out of a game, and achievements are part of it.

I assume that those 5M$ mean some exclusive cash that can be got only online, sort of "rank points" expressed in terms of money.

One thing I onestly hate about achievements is the online. No way I can stand it, first of all it cuts off all those people who pay up to 70 "bucks" which are dollars for you, € for me, and even £ for someone else, and then they're excluded from a full 1000G at the game "because you need the gold account". Then they put it in terms of co-op just as if anyone is good and...oh, f*ck, you know better than me what I mean, it just sucks having to rely on people, other people, to get something for you. Just as if a good football player is sold to a coca-cola league championship team: well, WTF, he's good and has to waste his efforts because his mates suck? Bah...at least some PvP achievements can be fine because it's up to you (then they can be frustrating and everything, but at least you don't have to rely on others, at most you take advantage of their weakness and EVERYONE knows that 80% of online players are not good at playing the game, whatever game that is, either noob or lame people), but co-op...and it really seems long. I think I've played a couple of hours online with my x360 in my whole life, then got bored because of people's attitude. 100 hours with even worse settings...2-3 minutes waiting for people? I get mad when there's a non-skippable cutscene lasting 6-7 seconds.

At least, is that creepy mission easy? And how many people are required, as minimum number? Then, I suppose cheating is impossible or achievement-glitching for that purpose (not that anyone would run the risk, I guess). I hope the answers are yes-2-possible&nonglitching, at least the first two...

Quick question.

I have TBOGT and TLAD disk. I finished it all up and barely touch it because I did all the achievements (which are all single player.)

But I haven't even tried to pay multiplayer on there knowing there is nothing to earn from it.

Can you conceiveably play ranked matches for XP on there with less people and boost deathmatch or something else etc?

I mean I know you can't do hangman's noose or any of the coop, but does the xp count on there towards your wanted achievement?

A very interesting thought indeed. I would have tested this theory but I'm heading out the door to work.

Quick question.

I have TBOGT and TLAD disk. I finished it all up and barely touch it because I did all the achievements (which are all single player.)

But I haven't even tried to pay multiplayer on there knowing there is nothing to earn from it.

Can you conceiveably play ranked matches for XP on there with less people and boost deathmatch or something else etc?

I mean I know you can't do hangman's noose or any of the coop, but does the xp count on there towards your wanted achievement?

A very interesting thought indeed. I would have tested this theory but I'm heading out the door to work.

You can...i am sure the lobbies for the two expansions are a bit more dead. I don't know if trying to boost them would be worth more experience than grinding noose. 4500 cash every 3 minutes is pretty hard to beat...unless you had a group of people who just let you kill them for free without needing the achievement themselves. Trading kills back and forth with a partner in deathmatch wouldn't be so efficient...and quite frankly even more boring than grinding noose.

• 4 weeks later...

the only way to do this is noose, over and over again. Anything else and you just don't get the points per minute... Truly horrible. This achievement does not enhance the online one bit. so whats the point? i don't understand how rockstar could put this in the game but hey who's the fool i got it and i am quite proud tohave it :) at least you get to run around as a woman in her undies ;)

• 3 weeks later...