Your humorous/WTF/Holy crap moments here

Wildmn34

the first time i encountered and elder dragon was something to remember. In falkreath i was in the general store and the shop keepers jerk brother gives me his racist little rant and leaves. when i leave I hear the familiar dragon noise and see the dragon far off in the hills coming towards the city but my controllers vibrating crazy and then bam-my guy is knocked down and turns arround to see my first elder dragon ontop of the shop before i am blasted with ice. turn arround to flee and the one i spotted first drops almost ontop of me and i end up running back the way i came to see the second dragon grab that jerk and throw his dead body right at me. So there i am fighting 2 elder dragons-1 fire breathing, 1 ice breathing. falkreath is now like a ghost town and there are still bodies all over the place.

on the plus side i did get the key to almost every house in the city off all the corpses.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see a bitching thread so this will do. This is a WTF moment for me...

F**king dragons piss me off. I just gathered a bunch of crap to sell and went to the Riverwood Trader, came back out, A F**KING DRAGON SPAWNS and kills like everyone in Riverwood and I had no weapons since I was selling a bunch of stuff and I am forced to reload my game before I went and gathered everything to sell.

Why the f**k do dragons keeps spawning after you beat the main quest? Alduin is dead, there is nothing to keep bringing them out. I guess I could think of it as killing the rest lol. I swear I hate dragons so damn much they always show up at the WRONG TIMES. Now I have to do all this again.

/rant

You couldn't load any of the 3 autosaves or did they all occur before selling? Since you sold everything there, couldn't you have just bought a simple weapon from him if you could to fight it off?

While traveling around with Lydia, we ran into a couple giants that I didn't realize were so close. When Lydia went to attack one of them, the giant smacked her with his arm and sent her flying like a golf ball. I was certain that I was going to have to reload or track her body down somewhere miles away.

About half way through taking them on myself, Lydia comes flying over a mountain like the Flash and one-shot maces an almost full heath giant. It was amusing redemption.

You couldn't load any of the 3 autosaves or did they all occur before selling? Since you sold everything there, couldn't you have just bought a simple weapon from him if you could to fight it off?

Well, I have all my autosaving settings turned off. I don't like the game to save by itself. I like making my own saves.

I also couldn't do what you suggested because like I had said, the dragon had killed everyone just about in Riverwood. I didn't want to save over that with Alvor and everyone else lying dead in the road because of some dumb dragon. Killing it wouldn't have mattered.

I ended up going back later and one hit killing the bastard with my bow.

Well, I have all my autosaving settings turned off. I don't like the game to save by itself. I like making my own saves.

I also couldn't do what you suggested because like I had said, the dragon had killed everyone just about in Riverwood. I didn't want to save over that with Alvor and everyone else lying dead in the road because of some dumb dragon. Killing it wouldn't have mattered.

I ended up going back later and one hit killing the bastard with my bow.

Leave them on. They've been lifesavers to me in so many instances. At times it saved me from making some crucial mistake, or from encountering a dragon at a major hold or some sort, by simply reloading a prior autosave and reentering until the dragon doesn't appear, usually after the first reload.

I encountered a Dragon while overencumbered and trying to sell all the stuff I stole from Ahkari (Not directly from her, but by taking all the stuff from the invisible chest in Dawnstar, which is her inventory, free to take without any of it being counted as stolen) back to her and some nearby merchants, and I didn't notice a Dragon nearby that had killed everyone in the side of the town by Quicksilver Mine. I hadn't saved for about an hour or so.

Also, I've made a couple of stupid errors when buying/selling stuff like, without noticing, buying everything in a merchant's inventory, thinking it was my inventory and I was selling stuff on accident. Reloading an autosave saves quite a bit of time usually, but it also leaves the merchant's inventory at its last state before you just visited so I have to wait several hours or visit another merchant.

The other night I was working on getting rid of the Skooma trade in Riften. I had Faendal with me and told him to wait outside the warehouse while I went in alone. I go in, kill off all the bad guys, then go get Faendal so he can help me carry loot. As soon as we emerge inside the warehouse, Faendal, who is in sneak mode like myself, starts walking backwards, away from me, and down the stairs! Really creepy like. I'm like, "WTF?". I needed him to carry some loot cuz I was overburdened. Well, I decided to go fetch him, slithering along and here he comes back up the stairs. I tried to open dialog with him but all he says is, "You're not supposed to BE in here." Over and over and over again. We go back outside, everything is fine, go back inside and he's cool with everything now! I think I need a better companion...

I LOVE Cicero. He gets so much hate from other players. Am i the only one who loves him?

i believe you may be the only one. i muted it every time he was on. annoying little twat!

I was on a Theives Guild mission, sneaking down the basement corridor of Goldenglow Estates when I reached a mercenary post. I found this awesome corner hiding spot where he couldn't see me - he just kept running back and forth in front of me going "Is someone there? I know I heard something..." Then as soon as he was satisfied that it was "just his imagination", he'd get up and start running around again and repeat the cycle. I leveled up my Sneak 5 levels in like 5 minutes just sitting there while the dude was running around like a chicken with it's head cut off! Probably could have kept going, but I got really sick of sitting there and I just wanted to get on with the mission...

Anyway the best part was - I got a SNEAK cinematic!!! After a few level raises' worth of me just sitting there, it switched to 3rd person view and the camera started to pan. At first I thought the game was glitching on me, but then I saw this awesome shot of my girl all crouched in the corner, arms flat against the wall all Mission-Impossible-style. SWEET! :)

I wanted to get married in Riften right at the beginning of the game (also, I got it when it first came out.)

So, I had no idea you could use the carriages to get there for only fifty coins.

So, it took me about an hour to get there on foot with the constant stopping to fight, text, and going the wrong way. I get to a point where I'm on a mountain near a waterfall and of course I fall off the mountain and down the waterfall and die without saving.

Then, I try again and get all the way to the door and IT FREEZES.

Oh, Skyrim and your glitches. whyyyyy.....

I picked a fight with a guard in Riften and then entered the secret entrance - the guard follows. Now, I have already completed the thieves guild questline and special jobs and have all extra characters unlocked in the guild. The second the guard enters the guild, about 20 people attack him at once - no joke it was just rapage.