A few reasons I believe Fallout: New Vegas is better than Fable 3:

* Health Meter

* Multiple Saves

* An actual inventory menu

* Actual working Quest direction indicator

* Better combat experience

* Better conversations with NPC's

* Better Story(a supported opinion)

* dont express yourself to npc via rudimentary gestures such as farting or burping

Anyone feel me or wanna add anything?

P.S. I did beat Fallout 3 & fable 2 and enjoyed them both. I'm not comparing previous fallout or fables, just the new ones, although fable 2 was better than fable 3, but Fallout FTW.

Thanks for adding to the list: Darthroker29, Surreal_82,

Edited by Chronic Comando

Fallout is great, however I prefer Fable more because of the problems I have currently with Fallout: Game freezes once in a while, some bugged mobs and npc's that were undeground and the most important one, corrupted game save files.

Your comparing these 2 diffrent games why?

I havent played fable3 i have it on pre-order hopfully getting it tommorow. But i think i can already tell Fallout new vegas will be better.

I dont think they should be compared tho. Fable3 is not trying to be an RPG anymore they are both in completely diffrent settings And well they are completely diffrent games! Why does everyone always put fable up against fallout? Why not put fallout up against a game that is actualy similar to it?

Edited by True I Skill

These games arent even in the same category...It's like comparing fallout to a real life sport. Fable is more for kids and lower end teens. Fallout is open world, fable isn't, there are boundaries. They're completely different, if anything, compare fallout to oblivion, or another open world rpg. I also completed fable 2 and hated every bit of it, it's the easiest game, almost felt impossible to die even on hard setting. Only advantage is the multiplayer system which is still poorly made.

Edited by vault34

Yea what am I thinking comparing a RPG to a RPG that come out a week apart? thats just crazy!

OH wait...its not! :eek:

I'd understand peeps saying that they like fable better, I could at least respect THAT kind of opinion. But to say that they're not even comparable is just mind boggling to me. If I was comparing FO to a sports game then I could at least understand some of these reactions.

As far as the saves, in FO you can and should have a few multiple saves that you rotate through on top of the autosave, so losing one shouldn't cost you too much time, if your fable save corrupts though then I hope you backed it up on a MU or USB drive, otherwise it's gone for good. +1 for FO.

Edited by Chronic Comando

Yea what am I thinking comparing a RPG to a RPG that come out a week apart? thats just crazy!

OH wait...its not! :eek:

I'd understand peeps saying that they like fable better, I could at least respect THAT kind of opinion. But to say that they're not even comparable is just mind boggling to me. If I was comparing FO to a sports game then I could at least understand some of these reactions.

As far as the saves, in FO you can and should have a few multiple saves that you rotate through on top of the autosave, so losing one shouldn't cost you too much time, if your fable save corrupts though then I hope you backed it up on a MU or USB drive, otherwise it's gone for good. +1 for FO.

Well actualy from what im hearing they have ripped all the RPG elements from fable3 out So its more like comparing a Action adventure game with A RPG game. but still even if fable3 was classed as an RPG they are still completely diffrent RPG's and they are not aiming for the same goal. I can understand comparing 2 games that came out arround the same time tho, So anyone want to join me in my CSI VS MW2 thread? Im pretty sure they was out arround the same week.

Well actualy from what im hearing they have ripped all the RPG elements from fable3 out So its more like comparing a Action adventure game with A RPG game. but still even if fable3 was classed as an RPG they are still completely diffrent RPG's and they are not aiming for the same goal. I can understand comparing 2 games that came out arround the same time tho, So anyone want to join me in my CSI VS MW2 thread? Im pretty sure they was out arround the same week.

Whats wrong with comparing similar games with similar realese dates that are two of the most anticipated games of the year? Both have rpg elements and have exploration and quest elements. The clear cut genres of games have been blurred (except for sports and true FPS's) in recent years. You will not find an exact comparison to either of these games. Fable 3 is way, way closer to fallout NV then COD: MW2 is to CSI, so don't be an idiot. Fable 3 and Fallout:NV both have roots in action/adventure and rpgs.

Fallout: NV to answer the original question.

Whats wrong with comparing similar games with similar realese dates that are two of the most anticipated games of the year? Both have rpg elements and have exploration and quest elements. The clear cut genres of games have been blurred (except for sports and true FPS's) in recent years. You will not find an exact comparison to either of these games. Fable 3 is way, way closer to fallout NV then COD: MW2 is to CSI, so don't be an idiot. Fable 3 and Fallout:NV both have roots in action/adventure and rpgs.

Fallout: NV to answer the original question.

I didnt say its wrong.

I just feel its unfair. I also wouldnt call Fable3 one of the most anticipated games of the year, I actualy forgot it was being released. And i had it on pre-order. And i hardly see anyone talk about it out of the fable section.

I just really dont see anything similar in these games apart from they both begin with F and the small things that pretty much every RPG has. Why not face Fallout new vegas up somthing with abit more of a challenge? Maybe when that game that pretty much rips everything off of fallout is released. Then maybe it can be up against somthing with more of a challenge.

I didnt say its wrong.

I just feel its unfair. I also wouldnt call Fable3 one of the most anticipated games of the year, I actualy forgot it was being released. And i had it on pre-order. And i hardly see anyone talk about it out of the fable section.

I just really dont see anything similar in these games apart from they both begin with F and the small things that pretty much every RPG has. Why not face Fallout new vegas up somthing with abit more of a challenge? Maybe when that game that pretty much rips everything off of fallout is released. Then maybe it can be up against somthing with more of a challenge.

Still waiting for your comparison suggestion. You are quick to dismiss others comparisons but never give your own.

Still waiting for your comparison suggestion. You are quick to dismiss others comparisons but never give your own.

Excuse me but what are we talking about? o.o

I thought i was giving my opinion on why they just dont match while you was explaining how these two up against eachother is fair...

You didnt ask for my comparison suggestion... Nor did i say i would give one. Although in my post i did say Mention comparing Fallout new vegas and that new game. I think its called Rage. But its not released yet so will have to wait until its out. As for Fable i guess i would compare that to another game that aims to get the player to Have feeling for the A.I i cant actualy think of any that aim towards that atm tho.

Sorry if i understood wrong but i think thats what you was asking for anyway?

To be fair, both games are running in different parts of the RPG market to mkae a fair comparison. F:NV is a mature, hardcore RPG game thats hangs on story and offering a challenging experience. Fable 3 is a lightweight RPG game, one for people who dont spend 70+ hours in one playthrough. Hence its simplified combat and more accessable tone.

As for points Fable 3 had over New Vegas

*Better character models

*More diversity in gameplay and mini-games

*Better voice acting and cast

*Better art style

As for a better comparison, hows about Fallout 3 + New Vegas vs Mass Effect 1+2 as they are far closer in gameplay, storyline + interactions and RPG tropes than Fallout and Fable.

To be fair, both games are running in different parts of the RPG market to mkae a fair comparison. F:NV is a mature, hardcore RPG game thats hangs on story and offering a challenging experience. Fable 3 is a lightweight RPG game, one for people who dont spend 70+ hours in one playthrough. Hence its simplified combat and more accessable tone.

As for points Fable 3 had over New Vegas

*Better character models

*More diversity in gameplay and mini-games

*Better voice acting and cast

*Better art style

As for a better comparison, hows about Fallout 3 + New Vegas vs Mass Effect 1+2 as they are far closer in gameplay, storyline + interactions and RPG tropes than Fallout and Fable.

Then fallout loses big time in both storyline and polish. Not even counting how decisions in one game carry to the other

I like both games, but Fallout: New Vegas hands down.

There is just WAY more to do in Fallout: New Vegas and whoever thinks the voice acting isn't as good as Fable 3 apparently didn't do enough exploring in each and/or really doesn't know what they're talking about.

Also, if you are to play any game that allows you to make multiple saves... MAKE THEM. It should be a rule of thumb by now for all who game and definitely for anyone who can find their way to this site.

my friend is gonna lend me fable 3 tomorrow, so i'll post my thoughts on it later. i enjoyed fable 2, but found it way too limiting as an RPG.

i don't see why the quest indicator is an issue. that's pretty much just the game holding your hand. in morrowind, the only directions you got were from the NPCs themselves. shit, sometimes i would spend 2 or 3 hours figuring out where i had to go. but that made the game so much more bad ass. you discover so much more without quest indicators and fast travel. makes the game world feel much larger.

Edited by Vanilla Coke Zero