my theory on achoeving "the perfect run"

wh1tel1ght

So start up story mode and after everycheck point back out to the menu and enter practice mode. So you can practice the upcoming level until you have familiarized yourself with it enough to continue your story playthrough. Hopefully backing out won't stop the achievement from unlocking. :) goodluck.

My biggest problem is incoming text messages, lol. Ive gotten as far as lvl 24.

That's why airplane mode what invented. Ha. The same thing would happen to me in endless when random achiements would unlock and lag my phone for that split second to slam me into a wall and get blasted. >.<

I haven't been able to make it to level 10 in one go yet. :/

Whoooo!!! Got the perfect run achieve this morning in story mode, and Im glad I wont have to do that again. I just kept playing until I remembered most of the checkpoints which really did make things easier. Then it just comes down to timing and for me not double tapping the screen randomly and dying.

Firstly, MASSIVE CONGRATULATIONS!!! That really is one hell of an achievement... literally!!! Secondly... did it unlock Rescue Run? What is it like?

Again, very well done! Closest I have got is four deaths, and that on practice mode! :]

Firstly, MASSIVE CONGRATULATIONS!!! That really is one hell of an achievement... literally!!! Secondly... did it unlock Rescue Run? What is it like?

Again, very well done! Closest I have got is four deaths, and that on practice mode! :]

Thanks Ooyah.

Nearing the last few checkpoints I was getting nervous, but luckly was able to finish without dying. Also rescue mode did not unlock, so I would suggest going for perfect run in practice. Until today I could complete the game in 1-3 deaths so your really close. Just keep at it, and Im sure you'll get it.

Edited by xANMLZxHELLFIRE

Thanks Ooyah.

Nearing the last few checkpoints I was getting nervous, but luckly was able to finish without dying. Also rescue mode did not unlock, so I would suggest going for perfect run in practice. Until today I could complete the game in 1-3 deaths so your really close. Just keep at it, and Im sure you'll get it.

Thanks man, I will keep trying! Ironically, I can usually do the last three of four levels without dying! But, if I do die early, I keep going for practice. I need to practice 21 - 26 more... and then just hope for a run without slowdown!

Disappointing to hear about Rescue Run not unlocking... God only knows what they expect us to do, unless this is glitched? 100,000 in Endless? Something in multiplayer? No idea now.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This is probably the hardest game I have ever played. I generally have a really good reaction time in games but I just find this insanely impossible. I sometimes die in the same spot 10, 15, 20 times. Anyone who has done it is either an Ninja or live in a different speed of time then everyone else.

How many slowdowns do you think it would take to get through the game from beginning to end? It's 160MS points for five. One slowdown seems to last about 2 gates so we're looking at 15 for the entire run through so probably about 480MS total. Although would the pause to buy more slowdowns affect getting the perfect run achievement.

• 1 month later...

I just completed Gravity Guy and I wanted to come here and give encouragement by saying that this is possible! I only used one slowdown which was for the last checkpoint (talking about rescue chapter). Also for those of you who need more slowdowns you can uninstall the game and reinstall it and that will give you your original 3 slowdowns back. You do have to finish rescue chapter again if you reinstall it though and it resets your high scores. Good Luck!!!

• 11 months later...

I finished Gravity Guy the weekend just gone, I agree with Johnoralex that save a slowdown for the last checkpoint of Rescue.

That part goes so fast, you have a 50/50 chance of making that part imo.

But only use it on the actual final stretch with you go up and down super fast.

Also I used to get quite shaky towards the end of the level, so when you get to the part with its loads of little blocks going up and down (where you can't actually fall off) is to pause the game, leave it a minute or so till you can calm down and focus more. Then continue.

Its quite close to the end and you don't want to choke because of miss pressing the screen from panic.

Also because of a lack of practice mode, if theres a particular section you struggle on. Reach the area and purposely die before the next checkpoint so you can at least practice it over and over.

Good luck with it, it can be done :)