Stackable Games for Gamerscore (2+ Versions with Achievements)

The Pants Party

just use VPN like we do now (monster hunter is IP locked to Japan)

would certainly make things harder yes

It hasn't been confirmed yet that you need a VPN.

From what I gather, the quote was just mentioning you need an IP address in one of the 21 supported countries that Microsoft listed earlier this week. This stops people in other countries from even importing the console.

For all we know we could be able to import a PAL console, use our supported USA IP address, and just input the code onto your account.

If the codes are region locked as well, that could make things more difficult, but you could get around it with by creating an account in that country.

It would absolutely suck if the activation codes were not just region locked to an account, but also required an IP address in said country.

What's even more worrying to me, is the fact JAPAN is *NOT* one of the supported countries. That alone means much, much fewer stacks. Which isn't saying much considering we haven't had many stacks lately to begin with.

Hey... I swear Ms. Splosion Man was mentioned to be on GFWL now as well as 360. I'm not sure if it was discussed to be stackable or now though?

I'm not sure how you guys really check for stackable games, but I did check the leaderboards here for both versions and found "DragonessHera" to be on them both. So, I checked her activity to see if two versions came up and it did show two different games...

After that - I checked the list and didn't see it listed, so thought I'd inquire/share.

which means it will be stackable free? unless there are censored versions that carry different achievements sets i guess. though i would imagine they could design for them to still use the same set.

PS3 has stackables and every disc has been region free from the start. I don't see stackables going away, maybe less than this gen if anything. I doubt they will go away.

Edited by KillerBEA

Why is that? Seeing that the PS3 is region free, there are a number of games which have stackable trophies. Since this is a developer thing, I don't think they'd make that change.

Stacks happen when there is a change in publisher from one region to the next, or a publisher is forced to make the developer cut the game in some way to pass country regulations (blood/Nazi stuff in Germany, etc) or add something (new language VA/text) just to release it.

Both reasons will still happen from time to time, but it won't happen as much since publishers can print the same disc for every country. Our list is probably twice as long as theirs, and their Japanese stacks only happen because they release it first in full Japanese, then decide to translate it into English and release it again. If they just add in English from the start, no stack. No cuts, no stack.

It will definitely happen less.

So I was in PC World today and used it as an opportunity to look at the Windows 8 laptops. Specifically, I went over to the Vaio section to have a look for that Pac-Man stack.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to find it on the marketplace. Now, PC World did say that their Wi-Fi was being a little odd today so it could have been that. However, I'm wondering if I did something wrong?

Stacks happen when there is a change in publisher from one region to the next, or a publisher is forced to make the developer cut the game in some way to pass country regulations (blood/Nazi stuff in Germany, etc) or add something (new language VA/text) just to release it.

Both reasons will still happen from time to time, but it won't happen as much since publishers can print the same disc for every country. Our list is probably twice as long as theirs, and their Japanese stacks only happen because they release it first in full Japanese, then decide to translate it into English and release it again. If they just add in English from the start, no stack. No cuts, no stack.

It will definitely happen less.

I don't know if you actually follow the PS3 trophy scene at all but their stacks have been ramping up actually, mostly with Japanese games within Asian countries. I have no idea if this has to do with shoddy coding for localization's or the difference in the trophy/achievement systems but I think speculation either way for the X1 is pointless.

I see Onechanbara on the list. Is the the only D3 stackable, or just the only confirmed one way or the other? I'd be curious if EDF 2017 stacks.

If it's not on the list or change log, it doesn't stack. As EDF 2017 is not on the list, you have your answer.

So has anyone found where to get a copy of the Dynasty Warriors 8 Chinese Version? I checked PlayAsia and YesAsia and couldn't find anything.

http://www.play-asia.com/Shin_Sangoku_Musou_7_Chinese_Version-paOS-13-71-dw-49-en-70-6lyv.html

I ordered it today so hopefully it's the correct stack version, was just released today.