How many glitched quests does everyone have so far?

Death Metal Jim

I myself have a total of 9 glitched quests so far in my main playthrough. They are as follows:

1. The Thieves Guild main questline glitched when I was supposed to get the mission 'Dampened Spirits'. Maven Black Briar gives me no option to start this quest nor does Brynjolf. I've read if you visit Honningbrew Meadery before getting this quest that it will glitch up on you.

2. The Break Of Dawn quest for the Daedric Artifact. This one gives me no waypoint to find the beacon, and since the beacon is located in a random chest in the game it could be anywhere. Had to go through an alternate playthrough to get the Oblivion Walker achievement because of this.

3. In my miscellaneous objectives it says 'Collect Bounty From Skald'. This is after I killed the Giant and went and collected my money already. This basically is preventing me from becoming Thane of Dawnstar.

4. 'Purchase a house in Markarth'. When I first got the option to buy the house, I didn't have the proper funds and left to go do quests until I had enough. When I went back the option from the steward was gone, even though it's still in my miscellaneous quests.

5, 6, and 7. Find Finn's Lute, Find Rjorn's Drum, and Find Pantea's Flute. Well I found Finn's Lute and brought it to her at the Bard's College. She thanked me and gave me training in various skills, but then her dialogue started up again. This led to me seeing the Lute still in my inventory and the quest still not completed. I even tried reverse pickpocketing the item to her and it still won't work. The other two are glitched because it won't give me a waypoint on the map to where they're located, and I've read there's the same issuse with those items getting stuck in your inventory.

8. 'Return To The Jarl Of Riften'. I got to the point where I would become Thane of Riften but all I needed to do was purchase a house first. Well I bought the house, went to the house, and then went back to the Jarl only to find the same dialogue options from her when I first met her. No matter how many times I exit the building and come back, she always has the same dialogue options.

9. 'Report Leifnarr's Death to his family'. This one I got while exploring a cave after killing the bandit leader inside. This one gives me no waypoint to where the family is. So I found out through the Skyrim wiki that the family is located at Heartwood Mill, and when I spoke to both the wife and son there were no dialogue options to inform them.

I also almost had a 10th yesterday when trying to go for the marriage achievement. It took 3 reloads for my wife to appear at the Temple Of Mara, the other 2 times she was nowhere to be found. Luckily the third time was the charm, as she finally appeared inside the church and the damn thing thankfully unlocked.

I really hope they patch at least some of these. I really hate having to do alternate playthroughs to do the achievement related ones that glitched on me. I really want all these completed on one playthrough so I can enjoy all the perks.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One so far. It was the one where you had to repair the amulet. When I got to the area to fix it, you have to fight the three brothers again. I would kill them and daddy would get up from the grave and stand there.. doing nothing. I had to lower the level of the game 3 or 4 times and then it worked. Not sure why the difficulty had any bearing on the glitch, but it did. That is it. No other quest glitches for me.

One so far. It was the one where you had to repair the amulet. When I got to the area to fix it, you have to fight the three brothers again. I would kill them and daddy would get up from the grave and stand there.. doing nothing. I had to lower the level of the game 3 or 4 times and then it worked. Not sure why the difficulty had any bearing on the glitch, but it did. That is it. No other quest glitches for me.

That one was annoying for me too. One of the brothers (the one with the bow) kept shouting me and would knock me back behind an invisible wall. I couldn't move or fight. Had to reload an earlier save.

The ONLY thing that has happened to me is a quest I have completed Red Eagle's quest, sold the sword and got the quest in my list again after reading the book. Thats about it. BUT I do have the texture glitch thing right now in my save. I would rather deal with that though than the disc spinning for 8 hours a day I think my xbox would have died already since the 11th if I didn't install.

One so far, but it was my fault I guess. It was the one with the two witch sisters where you let the one out of the cage to kill the other. I came accross the one in the cage first , but wouldn't let her out because it didn't seem like she could be trusted. I went exploring a bit and met the sister. What a pleasant family they were. I killed her because she attacked me. When I finally let the first one out of the cage she wouldn't follow me past a hallway. She just kept on spouting about paying back the sister for putting her in there. That kind of whining reminded me of that anoying priest in White Run so I put her out of my misery. The quest updated to kill her after I did it, so it's still open. I'm hoping it won't affect anything else.

The fucking main quest is glitched for me because of the fucking dragon soul glitch.

For some damn reason, I CANNOT absorb Sahloknir's soul. This prevents me from talking to Delphine for the "A Blade in the Dark" quest, which is part of the main quest I assume because it has to do with Alduin.

What the fuck. :mad:

Saint's Row The Third here I come.

I've only had 1 glitch so far, but it isn't that massive.

I completed the Blood on the Ice quest but it doesn't come up as a completed quest in my quest list and the my side-quests completed count hasn't changed. Not a big deal, just annoying having it there when I know I've done it.

One of the daedric quests, have to follow Erindar? to nightcaller temple, he steps inside, Then I step inside to follow him into what seems to be an empty room, he disappeared somewhere, and there aren't any doors or walls that can be moved, Guess i'll have to start a new save for oblivion walker. Fuck.

The bit where you get the Falmer translating notes to decode the journal ('Hard Answers', I believe). I'd already gotten the notes by picking the lock to the museum. Later on, I go down to the ruins to kill the spider and earn the key from Calcelmo, and return to the museum to nick Dwemer cogs for the College quest. To my surprise, 'Hard Answers' appears again to my quest log as soon as I enter.

Several of the Civil War quests on the Imperial side don't give the correct dialogue options to Legate Rikke. Fixed by reloading an earlier save, though. When doing this quest, I recommend making a fixed save always before talking to Tullius, as it seems to be his dialogue that does not properly enable Rikke's.

When doing a 'rescue prisoners' mission in the Civil war, there was already a full melee in the fort when I arrived, with Hadvar the Legionnaire facing an army of Stormcloaks alone. Then, after the civil war ended, Hadvar kept following me, with no dialogue options to send him away. He finally disappeared once I got married.

The werewolf cure did not properly restore my ability to gain 'Rested' and 'Well Rested' bonuses. The beast form power and immunity to disease were gone, though. However, after several days of play, the rest bonuses reactivated again. Don't know what brought them back, but might be due to contracting Vampirism (although not letting it develop to full vampire status).

One of the daedric quests, have to follow Erindar? to nightcaller temple, he steps inside, Then I step inside to follow him into what seems to be an empty room, he disappeared somewhere, and there aren't any doors or walls that can be moved, Guess i'll have to start a new save for oblivion walker. Fuck.

Ahh,i forgot about that one,yeah i had that....i had to read up on the Internet and people said to wait a good 10 seconds before following him in,so i reloaded a handy save i made(thankfully) i tried it and it worked

I have had quite a few glitches which are going to prevent me getting the walker achievement the abandoned house glitch is annoying me the most

I WANT TO GO INSIDE

there will be an update but useless for me as i don't have xbox live atm (not had for 3 months)

And i won't be able to recover my gamertag tag at a friends because iv'e gained 10k+ gamerscore by playing offline and im not losing all that plus im on over 800 gs on Skyrim

Ahh,i forgot about that one,yeah i had that....i had to read up on the Internet and people said to wait a good 10 seconds before following him in,so i reloaded a handy save i made(thankfully) i tried it and it worked

definitely wished i knew that earlier, i'm level 50 now and way past just reloading a save for it, but i fast traveled back there and there was literally 5 frost trolls just chillin outside, even at level 50 they are still a pain in the ass...

Bleak falls barrow glitched on me. Put the golden claw in the door but the rings wouldn't turn so I couldnt set the code displayed on the claw. This glitch fixed itself and I did it eventually.

The companions. After speaking with the leader and going to the courtyard for training, the guy who was training me kept following me and asking me questions. I couldn't fast travel or sleep and I couldn't shake him so I had to re-load an older save file.

A couple more cave/dungeon ones glitched. Quite annoying. Particularly the one where u and a nord go looking for his aunt in the cave. Theres a door thats barred from the inside but opens anyway. You can jump over the bar, but once on the other side you can't move the bar, or get over it. I tried the mission again and did it properly. Still managed to open the door whilst it was barred, but still the bar won't move and I cant pass :(

Quite a glitchy game. I hope some patches are released soon.