New Vegas Samurai - Thermic Lance

BrassBallz

Been using the Thermic Lance for days and the cheevo still has not popped. I've killed every deathclaw around the quarry, the mother, alpha and all surrounding DC's, all of the DCs at the Gypsum yard, over a dozen Cazadors, numerous Vipers and Fiends and nothing...

All of the of the other cheevos, Unarmed, Explosives, Energy popped shortly after the quarry, surrounding DC's and a few Cazadors.

Note that the oly weapons I've used on this save are projectile so all of the others should have started at 0.

Guess my advise doesnt help much now that you've got it, but you can check the progress of your 10k damage achievements in the challenges section of your pipboy. Im guessing your melee damage challenge didnt advance at all with the lance. Had you checked, you could have saved yourself some time.

Still though, seems pretty 'effed that the lance doesnt count.

You can check your progress under the tab with notes next to quests in your menu. You change the notes to challenges by pressing Y and X to change the challenge type. You can see the progress of your melee damage so far. And if it is the weapon, try using a different better melee weapon. I used Oh Baby!. Its a huge hammer with a lot of damage and I almost certain you find it in the caves above jacobstown with all the super mutants in it. Hope that helps

Still though, seems pretty 'effed that the lance doesnt count.

I used to Thermic Lance to get this but it was on the PC version so I don't know if it's just bugged on the XBOX. As stated previously, you can check your progress in the Pip Boy to see if it's working for you.

I did it in the Arena fighting 2 Giant Radscorpions at a time and killed them both in two VATs session by sneaking around to the right and approaching from behind them.

Edited by Z58LJ2e91018GXn