Stackable Games for Gamerscore (2+ Versions with Achievements)

The Pants Party

You need a vpn for the GoD version? i thought it was just console region locked. didnt know it was on there either. might have to look into a trial vpn or something to snag that. Have you tried Gamestop.ru?

Not sure how the site works as far as payments go, it is different than what I'm used to and uses an assisted. Alet me know if you get it to work if you go with GOD route.

and been playing with my new wp7 developers account :)

You mean, if you pay the US$ 100 dev fee you can unlock your phone to all aplication, and you just installed manually the games? Just demo versions?

Or does the unlocked phone able to buy stuff from any marketplace?

Does the achievements show on your gamertag?

EDITED: milky, is the History Channel Medieval in your gamertag the US version? Want to know if it is stackable (if it is, then it is not stackable because I have the UK version).

Edited by Chiaroscuro

Sorry if this question has been asked. I tryed looking in this forum but there is to much material to go through. Anyway my question is with DLC I have the German version of Stranglehold and I wanted to buy the DLC, now my question is this- do I need a German account or would for example a UK account work since there the same format? Again sorry if this question has already asked....THX

Sorry if this question has been asked. I tryed looking in this forum but there is to much material to go through. Anyway my question is with DLC I have the German version of Stranglehold and I wanted to buy the DLC, now my question is this- do I need a German account or would for example a UK account work since there the same format? Again sorry if this question has already asked....THX

German Marketplace, German Account

Yes they will but buying them is a pain in the arse, requiring Jap/Kor credit cards/Jap/Kor IPs and whatnot.

I believe I can import Microsoft points from Korea and Japan and redeem them to buy these other versions of case west and case zero on the right XBL accounts. Will that work?

Edited by CONKER1182

I believe I can import Microsoft points from Korea and Japan and redeem them to buy these other versions of case west and case zero on the right XBL accounts. Will that work?

Nope, those games are credit card only, no points. And you need a social security number for the Korean ones.

Korean ones don't require a Korean credit card, but is not listed on the Korean marketplace at all. You need to register on onlinepoints.co.kr and provide your social security number to prove that you are over the age of 18 to get a special access code to download the trial version. Then, you are finally able to purchase the full version by starting up the trial version and going to Unlock Full Game.

Japanese ones are listed on the marketplace, but the only purchase option is using credit card. You aren't allowed to buy using MS points. Since MS seems to be adding PayPal as a pay option soon, you may be able to get around the region restriction using PayPal Japan account, but that remains to be seen.

Also, you need to fool the servers into thinking that you are connecting to Xbox Live from Korea and Japan to download the trial or full versions of these games. This can be achieved through VPN, but I have not seen any free or paid VPN service offering IP addresses in Korea.

Korean ones don't require a Korean credit card, but is not listed on the Korean marketplace at all. You need to register on onlinepoints.co.kr and provide your social security number to prove that you are over the age of 18 to get a special access code to download the trial version. Then, you are finally able to purchase the full version by starting up the trial version and going to Unlock Full Game.

thats insane :p

thats insane :p

There's a law against offering downloads of anything rated 18+ in Korea without doing the social security check. So, this is the one and only game offered even though it's using a strange workaround to get around the problem of Xbox.com & dashboard not able to do the social security check.

There's a law against offering downloads of anything rated 18+ in Korea without doing the social security check. So, this is the one and only game offered even though it's using a strange workaround to get around the problem of Xbox.com & dashboard not able to do the social security check.

thanks for the explanation, very interesting :)

Japanese ones are listed on the marketplace, but the only purchase option is using credit card. You aren't allowed to buy using MS points. Since MS seems to be adding PayPal as a pay option soon, you may be able to get around the region restriction using PayPal Japan account, but that remains to be seen.

Paypal is already available for years when using xbox.com. The way you want to use it only worked for a few days, then they add some security check. Now you can only use paypal in the marketplace of the same region of your paypal account, basically making also a credit card check. So I must say that it would not work on the dash as well.

Edited: Sanger, are the demo game listed on your download history? So we may at least get rid of the id check, just forwared the link.

For those with the Japanese version of Mafia II and Borderlands, there are a couple DLC packs on sale for 400 MSP this week. Jimmy's Vendetta for Mafia II and Secret Armory of General Knoxx for Borderlands.

http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/live/monthlyrecommend/dealoftheweek

All DotW are Gold members only, so you will need to have a gold account to take advantage of this deal. (48 hour trial codes do not count for DotW)

Chiaroscuro, I'm not sure if DR2 Kor download links are active on Xbox.com. Since I'm in US at the moment + Sangriaz is a US tag, I have no way to check it for now. They do appear on the download history for sure. They are still region blocked and only can be added when connecting from Korean IP address, so not sure how much having the download link will help, though :(

For PayPal, I was actually able to use Korean PayPal on US account just 10 days ago. Maybe they were tweaking something to make PayPal work on the dashboard and it worked, or I just got lucky, but at least for Korean PayPal + US Xbox it worked. You might want to try it out just in case they temporarily/permanently removed this region protection.

Edit: DeathSmiles iIX is coming to US marketplace as GoD next week with priced at $29.99 according to Cave's developer diary. I'm not sure if it will stack with the Japan version, but at least this will be a cheaper way to buy this game.

Edited by sanger