On a scale from 1-10 how good is the first one?

I have the demo that I have yet to play,will play today. This game is like 5$ used at Gamestop. I hear many good things about this game and it seems like a good buy at 5$

update. I 100%ed this game last year and loved it I give it a 9.5/10. it is 3-5$ at most game places now. I would say get it. at that price you can't go wrong. Greetings all from 2012 when I made this post. it is now 2014.

Edited by Deadsea 1993

• 3 weeks later...

I'd give it a 6.5. It is a good game for it's time. The gameplay, graphics, and sound are decent. I liked the story. I am only annoyed that you can't skip through cut-scenes and evidence report sequences; especially when you are replaying a chapter. It's well worth the money to pick it up used these days, and the achievements aren't bad at all.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got this game as a Christmas gift the Christmas I got my Xbox and Condemned is a very good game and well worth 5$ I sold mine a long time ago for more than 5$ and I just recently picked it up again so I could complete it. I would say it is about a 8.5/10 and in all honesty it is much better than the 2nd one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I finally played it last week actually, and I'd give it a solid 85% rating. It is a launch era game so the graphics are weak compared to modern titles, but they did a good job of giving a nice horror vibe to the game and it plays like a decent supernatural detective story. The emphasis on melee combat is balanced out by having a nice selection of weapons to use and I did not have as much trouble with the controls as many modern titles since they were not as deep on this one. Even the sequel is giving me trouble as it includes modern staples like 'stick click' and combos that I have difficulty mastering.

Also, since it is first gen the achievements are all SP and can be done on Easy, which is nice for those of us that gather such things.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

LOL. Forgot about this thread. I just got it yesterday as it was always sold out at Gamestop. It was 5$ lol. Cant wait to play it also got Call of duty 2 for 5$,cant wait to play it too :)

UPDATE-I 100%ed this game and COD2 a few months ago. Thank you all that replied I love this game. It was worth double the 5$ I got it for :)

Edited by Deadsea 1993

• 5 months later...

You could probably say that the gameplay mechanics are a bit outdated now and probably newer games like Dead Island do the 1st person brawler mechanics a tad better however I think Condemneds strength has never been the gameplay. Its the story and the atmosphere that is kinda like movies like WAZ or SAW with some of the best scares in gaming.

I would definitely pick that up for 5$. Hell I paid a lot more since I had to import that game as its banned in Germany but it was worth it.

• 2 months later...

I completed the game recently and I must say that it didn't impress me as much as i had hoped. I heard a lot about this game and maybe i was over-hyped. Sure it was a different experience with all these shitty shooters around nowadays but the only good thing about it was its atmosphere and combat. the rest, including the story, sucked! 7/10

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I can't really give it a honest rating considering the game is almost a decade old, but I still enjoyed it now in 2015. The graphics have aged, espeically the close ups of faces, but the atmosphere is pretty intense. I didn't care much for what little story there was (espcially when it got all weird near the end) but the jump scares always work and I thought the melee combat was very well done. Rented it for a dollar, beat it in less than a week. Pretty happy with myself. :dance: