Need Help

Pakhair

Probably 4. The Story Mode on both are crap compared to MK's, so that's a wash either way. 4 has the fun Tower where you have to satisfy different challenges. 5's equivalent is Quick Battle where you collect titles by beating other characters in regular battle, including some with characteristics of real life experts IIRC. You'll get some value out of this, plus there is Arcade mode of course, but the Tower is better thanks to greater variety.

The AI feels tougher in 5 so that should keep you busy if you do Arcade. It's a nice touch that there are different routes to take so you can finish on different bosses for variety. I don't think 4 had that, but I could be wrong.

I've seen plenty of customization in 5 so I'm surprised to hear the above poster saying 4 is better. Maybe it is, I haven't explored it fully, but it looked extensive to me so far.

Having tried a few online games in 5, I would say that is fantastic. I don't normally play fighters online but if you have Live it's worth a try, and I would assume the community is much busier than 4. I haven't seen any lag at all and it's done a great job matching me quickly with similar skill levels.

I got 5 for $30 and am happy with that.

As far as the singleplayer experience goes, SCIV outshines SCV in every way. The only thing SCV has is a horrible story mode and a mode where you fight 240 normal, boring matches against AI with varying difficulty. SCIV has a challenge tower where you face enemies with special rules, can collect secret treasures etc, and a survival mode if you're into that kinda thing. SCIV's "story mode" is about the same thing as SCV's Arcade mode, only it's more fun.

On another note, SCIV have larger movesets for the characters, and I think more characters overall. The downside is that you have no meter systems, so you can't use supers or stuff like that, and combos are harder/shorter.

Thank you guys for your wonderful opinions but to be honest I think this is the first time ever that after listening to people's opinion I'm even more confused, lolz.

I guess I'll go with a toss when I'm in the market next time, right now I'm busy with SFXT (Terrible fighting game), after that it's SC until Tekken Tag 2 comes.

I will be subscribed to this thread, If anyone else wants to post something more, you are welcome

IV is better by a mile. It has the tower with 50 or 60 levels, each with its own unique challenge or modification. It also has individual stories for each fighter, intertwining in with other character stories. The customisation is much better and you can equip different weapons and armour to provide different perks such as health regen, guard break, auto impact etc...

V is alright but the story mode is dire and you only get to play as 3-4 different characters through it. Aside from that there is a very shallow 6 match arcade mode and Quick Match which is essentially like offline xbox live matches against computer generated opponents.....rubbish

IV is far more polished; V just feels flat-out rushed. The AI cheats like there is no tomorrow, so the single player modes won't exactly keep you coming back for more... unless you like getting pissed off when you are supposed to be enjoying yourself (hey, some people probably enjoy bouts of unnecessary rage). IV doesn't offer a lot for the single player, but the Tower of Lost Souls was a nice diversion from the online. The Tower is actually two modes: Ascending (30 floors with each floor having various conditions/handicaps imposed. Meeting the conditions will allow you to progress forward. There are also hidden conditions that will net you unlocks for character creation) and Descending (40 floors. You choose two characters at the start and you can tag them in as you progress. When a character is tagged out, their health will slowly regenerate). Descending is harder than Ascending, as you must complete all 40 floors in one go; if you lose, you start at the beginning. For Ascending, your progress is saved with each floor you complete.

The Arcade Mode in IV is also better. Each character in the roster has an ending movie, so you learn something about each one of them. This is not the case in V; once you beat the mode with a character, that's it - no ending sequence. The Story Mode in V only focuses on two of the new characters, so you won't learn anything about most of the other characters at all.

To cut it short, save yourself some money and just buy IV if you're going to get either of them. The last I checked (probably a month ago), there's still a decent community for IV's online mode, as well.

Edited by XperimntNterror

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...