What would YOU do different on the nextgen xbox

Obi-Brown

The rumors are just that... rumors. so post what you think the nextbox should be like, who knows maybe microsoft will see it and take it on board (not bloody likely, who else is scared the dashboard will look like windows 8?)

anyway, i'd like:

free online play

kinect with no extra cost so it's there if i want it and they then only need to put kinect into games that suit it

carrying over my gamerscore in some way (maybe two totals for old and new console)

be able to keep cheevo pop ups but turn off pop ups when friends come online

the usual... but here's my favorite idea that i haven't heard yet

let the game devs customise the style of the achievement pop ups, so when you are playing a game like skyrim, you can have a pop up that suits the game instead of the bright green futuristic looking thing we get now. but keep the sound, i like the sound

Actually if it were up to me completely I'd make a few changes...

Removal of update fee's for developers.

Steam style setup for digital content, let devs/publishers set their own prices and sales up to them.

Customizable dashboard.

Set gold membership to 40dollars, add a higher level of subscription with other perks(not sure what, maybe the removal of dashboard ads)

i knew that was the case but i did it anyway. forgive my weakness. just ignore this thread until it goes away

:confused:

I'd like it to be upgradable. Aside from that I just don't want it to require Kinect.

I do enjoy the Kinect at times, but I don't want it to be a requirement either.

Servers with 64 players in MP

Up the GS to 1500 for next gen games, 750 for next gen arcade games.

A Facebook wall kind of thing where you see your friends latest accomplishments

Less crap on the dashboard & customizable tiles

No region lock for the console

More free stuff for gold members

I agree with all of these.

Make is so we can play our current 360 games on the new console. Swear it's been announced that it won't happen though.

I haven't heard one way or the other, but I do hope that we can. I won't buy one when they first come out, but when I do I'd like to only play on one console instead of two.

I haven't heard one way or the other, but I do hope that we can. I won't buy one when they first come out, but when I do I'd like to only play on one console instead of two.

Same boat, will wait for the launch bugs to get sorted out first and have too many 360 games I haven't enjoyed yet anyway. Fingers crossed my ancient ever-reliable Jasper rig can hold out.

Can only agree with much of what's been said. Don't want the Kinect to be mandatory. Don't really enjoy kinect games for more than a couple minutes.

I'm a pretty active person, but when gaming I prefer to be a couch potato, less likely to spill my beer dammit! :drunk

I'd make it twice as good as the current 360 and call it the 720. ;)

If they called it 720 I'd scrape it off my casing because since day 1 I've said that is a horrible tag. Just slam Xbox on it and call it a day. That's my opinion though.

I'd never sell any of my games and build a heaping collection. So far I only have 60+ 360 games :(

A Facebook wall kind of thing where you see your friends latest accomplishments

Less crap on the dashboard & customizable tiles

No region lock for the console

More free stuff for gold members

All of this plus, new rules for achievements.

Glitch achievements must be fix, if they can't then they are auto unlocked.

No achievement can be made that requires a server, website, or this else that may make the achievement unachievable.

If an achievement is made that requires a server then it must also be able to be unlock through single player (like mass effect 3)

Personally I would like all multiplayer also have a single player unlock requirement. Like they did in mass effect 3. So you can play how you like.

Just on the user-side of things:

- No achievement "rules" beyond "don't be stupid" (don't give us 1000g for putting your game in, etc.)

- More comprehensive stats on the Xbox.

- Why in the world did Microsoft tease us with how well Destination Arcade works then discontinue it and not implement the features? Fix it.

Other than that, I can't think of too much more I'd want different. Things that bother most other people on here (types of achievement, ads, the dashboard in general, etc.) or unpopular recent rumors (Kinect required, constant internet connection, retail lock codes) are completely non-issues to me.

Oh, and "Kinect required" doesn't mean "you have to buy a Kinect". I'm sure the Kinect will be packaged in or a part of the Xbox. Not sure what the hubbub there is.

Customizable dashboard.

Set gold membership to 40dollars, add a higher level of subscription with other perks(not sure what, maybe the removal of dashboard ads)

Great ideas. I would love them to be implemented.

Customizable DB would be creative and fun, more free stuff for Gold Members -> like more than 20MSP for surveys and birthdays, and different levels of Gold subs.

Servers with 64 players, hmm it could work, would be chaotic though since console MP maps are smaller.

Agree with you on the raise of GamerScore though, for sure.

Online digital rentals.

I swear, this would be a huge money maker for Microsoft if they implement it. How many Games on Demand games would you try if you were able to do something like pay 400MSP for a weekend pass to play the game? It's just like GameFly or Redbox, but it requires no infrastructure, and completely eliminates the used game market without gouging customers. Plus, there are a bunch of GoD games that I would rent for the gamerscore and complete in 800 MSP or less.

I'd pretty much have a PC in a smart XBOX style casing with the option to remove and upgrade not only HDDs but Graphic cards.

More 3D friendly? providing the format takes off more than it has done.

Touch Screen?

Oh and being 6ft10 I'd definately make sure Kinect is tall guy friendly, as it stands I have to stand pretty much with my back to the wall, this isn't great for jumping around :(

I'd have Gamerscore replace MS Points. Earn DLC rather than pay. Don't think I could get any Dev Studios to agree with that one though :p

Blu Ray disc drive? Not sure how possible that'd be, I mean if Microsoft could... Surely they'd have made an add on for the 360 like they did with HD DVD.

• No more wasting money to motion controll/kinect gimicks noone wants.
  • More money to the development of new unique single player IPs - current exclusive ips for the xbox are absolute horse shit.
  • Get rid of the update fee or atleast make it affordable for indie developers.
  • Try get more asian developers to develop for xbox. (i know its hard, but atleast get some variety instead of generic fps no. 4853453853^3)

If they are gonna release games digital only make them good before releasing so you dont have to pay full price for a piece o crap game that you can't do anything with or at least more exclusives

also ive heard the the nex xbox is kinect required but it is a new kinect and comes with purchase thats the problem with rumours tho never sure

http://kotaku.com/5982986/we-know-all-about-the-next-xbox-from-someone-who-says-theyve-got-one

Edited by SinEchoHunter

• No more wasting money to motion controll/kinect gimicks noone wants.
  • More money to the development of new unique single player IPs - current exclusive ips for the xbox are absolute horse shit.

Please cite your source that no one wants Kinect. Because I'm pretty sure that many people enjoy the peripheral. More than 1/3rd of all consoles currently have Kinect, after all.

Oh, and developers make games that people buy. Notcie how the biggest selling games are all sequels? If you want new IPs you are going to need to fork over $60 to buy it new.

Servers with 64 players, hmm it could work, would be chaotic though since console MP maps are smaller.

This is exactly why it is a good thing. Any MP like COD, Gears and Halo etc... would have to seriously step up on map design.

Battlefield 3 man, it's where it's at. The maps are all already designed for the 64 player PC matches, fucking mayhem. Then we get the same maps on console with 24 with some revisions and dumbed down graphics the 360 can handle, it's pretty crazy even there but just not the same as what our PC brethren experience having 40 extra people in every game. The current gen home console simply cannot handle it. The Armoured Kill DLC maps especially are massive and vehicle-centric and with only 24 players, they feel almost barren.

Online digital rentals.

This would rock.