What Guitar?

Hektik2123

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never played guitar before and I was looking into this game. I then started looking at some guitars to buy and thought you guys could help me.

On craigslist there is a Fender Squire Stratocaster for $75, is that a good deal? Its the one of the cheapest I could find, but I really know nothing about guitars.

I've never played guitar before and I was looking into this game. I then started looking at some guitars to buy and thought you guys could help me.

On craigslist there is a Fender Squire Stratocaster for $75, is that a good deal? Its the one of the cheapest I could find, but I really know nothing about guitars.

Squires are some of the low end fenders. I think they go for about 150 new... so its about half off. I guess its a good starter but you will out grow that quickly if you plan to keep playing. Really you need to look to the future and decide what music your really into playing. If your into metal then that would not be an ideal guitar, but if you like rock that one should do until you out grow it. Your main focus should be finding a guitar with low action, meaning that the strings are not high off of the frets. High action can make them a nightmare to play. Some of the action can usually be adjusted by having the guitar setup in a shop but the quality of a guitar greatly effects that. This is the same thing that affects the fret buzz along with the rod in the neck needing to be adjusted. All in all its not a bad first guitar, but if your serious about learning to play spend a little more on a nicer guitar.

Edit:

I just checked ebay and you can buy some decent schecters for between $200-300. If I were you I would try to spend a little more if you are serious. I learned on a cheap guitar and I almost quit because of it. Schecter usually makes quality guitars.

I just bought one just like this on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Schecter-C1-Hellraiser-w-EMG-89s-Gloss-White-Abalone-Binding-Grovers-TOM-/280758636814?pt=Guitar&hash=item415e84d10e#ht_1724wt_1037

Awesome guitar especially for metal. Quite a bit more than Im sure you want to spend but if you watch you can get a really good deals from ebay. I got one like the one above for $355 with a hard case. Plays AWESOME. Very low action and has pickups on it mean't for metal.

Edited by osakamitsu

If its in good shape its a good deal... but you'd probably be best served shelling out the $200 for the guitar bundle that comes with the Les Paul Junior... it seems to work the best for the game

i have a fender and the les paul junior... out of the two the les paul junior is easier to play and learn on

Does anyone know how well the game works with an acoustic guitar? I read that as long as it has a jack for the amp you can plug it in. I was wondering because I have a Fender Electrical-Acoustic guitar that I only know how to play a few cords, and it would be great to learn. Like I said it has a jack but I've never plugged it into an amp or anything.

I initially intended to play this using my Squire Stratocaster, but my dumb ass forgot to bring it with me to college, but it seems like it was a good move to make. I bought the package which comes with the Les Paul Junior and I'm absolutely loving it over the Strat. It seems like the action is much lower and I've actually been able to make progress in my learning on it.

I mostly play with my Brown Sunburst Roadhouse Fender Strat (Mexican made) and when I feel like it I switch to my Ebony Epiphone Sheraton II. Two great guitars and an amazing game for sure. I'm hoping that DLC will come soon and hopefully that it will be a weekly thing like Rockband.

Edited by GoodFe11a