What's my name security puzzle?!

FROMtheASHES984

OMG my brain is about to explode..

Ok, there is a giant rectangle floating above me that says 2 things:

1. Please answer this security question

2. Security question hint my first half is what it is my second half is half of what made it

And there are 8 blocks on the grounds I'm assuming I'm supposed to arrange into a word. I've got all the letters written down by block but nothing is jumping out at me. Any help?

I've been at this for hours. I was hoping to get through the entire game without metagaming the whole thing through, but this is one I've been unable to solve, along with the black obelisk. I can't figure it out. From the riddle, I'm assuming it's word play.

Here are the letters by block:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6966&stc=1&d=1334403288

"My first half is what it is" might be a word, and "my second half is half of what made it" could be half of the first word. Since it's eight letters, I'm assuming we'd have to go with a five letter word, and then chop it in half, rounded up (3). For instance:

Gomezmez

or

Gomezgom.

Considering the letters available, I have no freaking idea. It's bad enough they can be arranged in any fashion. At least the selection of letters is limited.

Edited by Auburok

Here's where my thinking was going;

My first half is what it is - GAME (thinking on a larger scale)

My second half is half of what made it - TRON (half of Polytron, can't make POLY)

I can make TRON with the last four cubes in the above picture, but then I can't make GAME with the first four cubes due to only having 2 GMSA cubes, and not 3.

Even tried throwing one of the TNHB cubes off the side in the hope that something nice would happen, but it just keeps coming back!

Stuck!

This is seriously frying me.

I'm looking at it like this:

• F L R Y

• E Q K X Z

• C I O U V

• A M S G

• A M S G

• B H N T

• B H N T

• B H N T

just so I remember I can only use, for example, a G twice or a N three times. Had a couple of good ideas (like MARATHON) but, never had enough letters!

I think we also need to remember that it's possibly a name we're looking for as the security question is WHATS MY NAME and the reminder is the riddle we are trying to solve!?

I dunno, I'm just throwing it out there :p

Edited by DARKSAV10R

the guy who made the game is called phil fish, so i was thinking, if you take the clue as a bit of a play on words sort of thing, then

"my second half is half of what made it", could refer to phil fish making the game and be half of his name, ie fish

(sorry for the shitty grammar etc, this game has melted my brain)

Can anyone confirm if the item recieved from doing this is in their inventory or not plz....after doing it I got an item/artifact thing, but can not find it anywhere :'(

Yeah the red cubes don't show up in your inventory, you can see how many you've collected if you go into that room that requires all 64 cubes.

Also, yeah I can confirm what we already know, you get a red cube from that security puzzle.

ONE ROOM LEFT!

Can anyone confirm if the item recieved from doing this is in their inventory or not plz....after doing it I got an item/artifact thing, but can not find it anywhere :'(

it's not visible in your inventory, no. it is, however, visible in another room. get searching.

EDIT:ninja'd