Parkour Fever is tough!

Lavindathar

Has anyone tried the new parkour challenges that relate to the two achievements? I believe these are free! and you don't need the new paid DLC, but God they are giving me a tough time.

Is it just me not having played for ages, or are they tough.

you also have a huge advantage if your character is levelled up a decent amount!

Should be fine. I think the times are technically impossible if your lacking certain skills as it works on a combo system. The vaulting over zombies perk seems to me like it's mandatory, I can't see how you can do it without those.

And if your level 24 (I'm not), the never getting tired perk must be awesome.

Level aside, it's the jumps that are a pain. One mistake and your run is over.

The scary thing is, I've only done medium ones. I'm dreading hard.

Edit - wow, hard is hard because you are constantly swarmed by zombies, not letting you run at all.

Edited by Lavindathar

I've done 7/10 night/day parkour challenges, some are a tad annoying.

I've completed Bozaks Horde mode, got the bow and electric arrows, but now I need a speed run to get the exploding arrows.

Oh. And my mate head shotted me to take the last man standing achievement, so I still need that too lol.

The Parkour Fever challenges indeed are tough. Just messing around last night I managed to beat "Tower Run" and "Diagonal Run" but I can see how beating them all will take a bit of time for me. Sleeping until night then running to the challenge only to fail all the way to sunrise added an extra layer of frustration to these challenges for me.

Am I missing something? How exactly do I access these Parkour Fever missions? I was assuming there would be something on my world map to indicate where to go and initiate the challenges but I have nothing. I have the Bozak Horde DLC quest under "Repeatable Quests" and the marker on my world map for it. I've been and tried it solo, which I do not advise haha.

Nothing for Parkour Fever though. My only assumption at the moment is, I'd started a new game+ after my first completion just to finish one last achievement (Save 15 survivors from Rais's men) so I've only played up to the Pact with Rais mission early in the game and no further. I'm attempting to push through the main missions to at least get to Old Town and see if it forces anything but other than that I'm lost.

Is The Bozak Horde DLC the third and final piece of DLC for Dying Light? and the only one that contains achievements? I was looking into it earlier because I remember reading something about 3 pieces of DLC but it's all quite confusing.

Also, I can't find the DLC anywhere. Is it only available for people with the season pass?

Parkour fever appears as icons on your mini map. A foot with three stars on it, five on each.

Only bozaks and the title update have achievements, and it's available to anyone as I don't have the season pass.

Thanks. I'm still not seeing this Bozak Horde DLC though in the game add-ons. I see the season pass, the other two DLC's and a couple of weapon/outfit packs but nothing else.

edit:

It's called 'The Zombie Games' isn't it? bloody hell.

Edited by FoRty9

Parkour fever appears as icons on your mini map. A foot with three stars on it, five on each.

Only bozaks and the title update have achievements, and it's available to anyone as I don't have the season pass.

Yeah I completely see them now. They're the white icons on the map. I've not noticed them at all today. Didn't notice them amongst the Agility and Power challenges at all.

Guess I'll just need to find some people to run Bozak with for some of the achievements. Naturally assuming theres no way to play/matchmake with randoms, which the mode could have done with really.

I've just done my first one at night and it was tough. There is a naughty little exploit you can utelise to make use of your grappling hook though. Obviously using the grappling hook normally is an instant fail.

Make sure you line up your shot before hand and hit the back button. Then you'll want to hit the B button to come out of your menu but then hit LT right after. Like, almost at the exact same time. You should be able to then fire your hook without failing in the challenge.

Probably not worth using it in every instance but more useful in traversing long distances from one checkpoint to another or getting back up somewhere if you fall down a long distance for recovery. Also try not to waste too much time setting up your shot, seems like these challenges are going to be tight on time.