Does this offend you or do you find this offensive?

Genesis x360a

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First, let me say that no I'm not offended.

Now, let me summarize this thread:

* Tussell explained this properly in post #4. Nothing beyond that really needed to be said.

* Freedom of speech applies ONLY to the government not a private institution. Microsoft tells you there are limits on what you can say on the mic and in text, and anyone who wants to call on their right to free speech should know that Microsoft can enforce these limits without having to tell you.

* It doesn't matter if we find it offensive or not or even if the guy that suspended you found it offensive or not - it broke the rule and a suspension was your punishment.

You probably beat some little 12 year old or some 28 year old who's a sore loser at a game and they decided to get back at you by seeing if they could report you. Happened to me 2 weeks ago.

I got banned for 'Nintendos B4 Hos' in my profile. I know I got banned for having 'Nintendo' in my profile, but that's besides the point, haha. Do I find it offensive, personally no. But I could see how someone could take it that way.

As Tusell put it, I don't have enough face or enough palm.

It doesn't matter what the reason for reporting you was, if you broke the rules they are free to do so (and frankly they should do so - I'm tired of seeing stupid shit like that)

And if you honestly think it was the "Nintendo" in your profile that got you suspended then you need to go get a vasectomy ASAP.

* Tussell explained this properly in post #4. Nothing beyond that really needed to be said.

* Freedom of speech applies ONLY to the government not a private institution. Microsoft tells you there are limits on what you can say on the mic and in text, and anyone who wants to call on their right to free speech should know that Microsoft can enforce these limits without having to tell you.

* It doesn't matter if we find it offensive or not or even if the guy that suspended you found it offensive or not - it broke the rule and a suspension was your punishment.

It doesn't matter what the reason for reporting you was, if you broke the rules they are free to do so (and frankly they should do so - I'm tired of seeing stupid shit like that)

And if you honestly think it was the "Nintendo" in your profile that got you suspended then you need to go get a vasectomy ASAP.

Well clearly there was a lot to say after tussell, people wanted to answer his question, the reason for this post.

Thank God someone knew the right things to say to end this stupid ass argument.

Dak said it perfectly: The answer was summed up after about 4 posts.

I don't understand why are continuing to post.

Well if it was summed up it should have been closed, and I don't understand why you are continuing to post. I guess others cant answer his QUESTION?

Dak said it perfectly: The answer was summed up after about 4 posts.

I don't understand why are continuing to post.

To be fair the OP asked for peoples opinions, just because those 4 posts are with the general consensus (and I'd agree with em too) doesn't make any later posters opinions any less valid.

I would say it's more likely that you did something in a game (on purpose or not) that annoyed someone, and instead of just blocking play with you they have reported you Bio as well, a friend of mine had this happen to him just because they killed someone on Gears 2, they then reported his Bio and he got the temp-ban and the code of conduct thing replaced it (it was a while back so I can't remember what he had written there), but yeah some people on Xbox LIVE are that sad they try to get people banned just for been better at a game than them and unfortunately it sometimes works.

I would say it's more likely that you did something in a game (on purpose or not) that annoyed someone, and instead of just blocking play with you they have reported you Bio as well, a friend of mine had this happen to him just because they killed someone on Gears 2, they then reported his Bio and he got the temp-ban and the code of conduct thing replaced it (it was a while back so I can't remember what he had written there), but yeah some people on Xbox LIVE are that sad they try to get people banned just for been better at a game than them and unfortunately it sometimes works.

True it is sad that people try to get other banned and it is likely that this is what happened to the OP but if Microsoft bans someone for their bio they usually have a legit reason.The reason they where reported is irrelevant.

I don't see it as offensive, but clearly someone did, or you caned their ass and they didn't like it.

Something like this happened to a mate of mine yesterday actually, he's been on XBL for 3 years now, all the time with NSEY BSTRD AINT U ^_^ in his location, no ones complained about it, then he played COD and won a game, half hour later he got kicked off XBL for offensive content being in his profile. LOLWUT?

To be honest, I've noticed more people get banned after some little weeabo gets owned by them then people who actually have offensive content on their profile, it's ridiculous :/

yeah if i saw that i wouldn't be offended or report you or anything

but i can definatley see the reasoning behind some1 reporting you for it =/ there are alot of little kids playing xbox live and deeply religious people that will find it offensive.

My advice just dont put anything offensive in ur bio or watever, even if it gives ur mates a good laugh once.

Dude, unless you think everyone in the world is stupid, they are going to realize that Vashh=Vag=Vagina. That is sexual, and against their TOS.

If "The Pants Party" is sexual enough to get my Gamertag changed, then you can bet your ass an out and out reference to female genitalia is going to be over the line.

Anyway, this has gone on long enough. :locked