Taking Tuning Requests

FSparacino4

I'll work on it when I get off work in the AM. Does the PI matter? If you want to check out a tune to see my work look up my Lamborghini Diablo GTR Pro Grip Tune.

Do it the way you think it's best ;)

I will use it for show off, drift contests

with friends and for the drift achievement.

Datsun 510

R3 \

Drag.

I messed with it abit and can do the 1/4 mile in low 9's high 8's.

Reckon you could get it running in the low 8's high 7's?

Unfortunately I spent about an hour on this car, tuned it to the max and was getting the same time as you consistently. I don't see this car getting any better than what you have it at unfortunately.

• 2 months later...

If you have time, I'm interested in a tune to grind toward the affinity achievement.

Car: 2005 #18 Takata Dome NSX

PI: R1 886 (I can lend you my car)

Track: Test track - Layout A

Set up: GRIP!! I want it to turn razor sharp and without understeer.

The idea is to race under 22s / lap. The best I can manage is 22.4 with my own tuning.

Thanks in advance. ;)

Edited by JeanRob

I am finding it hard to find tunes for Road America, Le Sarthe etc that suit my driving style. I love tunes with mild oversteer on entry and exit (only mild) so I can pick my line. Many grip tunes work fine but suck at Road America, Le Sarthe.

Now I know speed comes with a handling tradeoff.

So i buy tunes for these tracks but it seems all the sellers are doing is increasing the gears but not reducing the downforce so the top of 5th gear and 6th gear are useless.

Also I do not want to use the leaderboard cars. In R3 and R2 I want to use genuine racing cars not Moslers /Joss etc.

So can you please tune an R3 and R2 for Road America / Le Sarthe (happy to hit redline at Le Sarthe and not quite at Road America. Happy for you to choose any "racing car". I may ask for tweaks later and will pay.

Actually just do an R2 first and I will try it out. I have had a quick look and thought maybe a 2010 Nissan GTR (I own Calsonic, Top Hat, Woodone). I know it will not top the leaderboard but I just want a long track tune for cars I like to drive.

In R3 I would lean towards an aussie v8 supercar.

If you have time, I'm interested in a tune to grind toward the affinity achievement.

Car: 2005 #18 Takata Dome NSX

PI: R1 886 (I can lend you my car)

Track: Test track - Layout A

Set up: GRIP!! I want it to turn razor sharp and without understeer.

The idea is to race under 22s / lap. The best I can manage is 22.4 with my own tuning.

Thanks in advance. ;)

You would actually get it just as quick by removing all downforce from the original setup and race on one of the long ovals as your speed would be quicker. I know you are taking shortcuts on the test track but it gets painful particularly if you don't get it right.

I needed a setup to top my friends list in R1 on test track A reverse and ended up making my own for the Peugeot.

I used the spreadsheet from here http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/4859908.aspx

and set up the car for 50% aero including gears. I then removed all rear downforce and maxed front downforce. The resulting setup was very tough to get going but once it got going got me a time in the top 100 (17.? secs).

If you want a more drivable setup I should have one I got from the marketplace I can send your way or point you to as I have a couple of setups for the car you mention. You could even search yourself and I am pretty sure there will be a grip tune for R1 for it.

Not sure if the OP still plays FM4 or not.

If anyone out there is interested in having a go at a little project of mine I would appreciate the help. I have used a grip tune on a Joss R3 to start heading towards the top end of the motegi oval leaderboard in R3.

My current time is actually in a Mosler but I am confident with a tune specific for Motegi the Joss could get down to low 33s if not lower.

Problem is when I tune cars they get worse not better.

So if anyone wants to have a go at a Joss tune for motegi oval let me know. I would prefer unlocked and am willing to pay in game credits for it.

One problem with the tune I am using is I hit the rev limiter in 4th way before the finish line but it bogs down in 5th which causes a slow finish and start to every lap. Even a small tweak to gearing could cut a decent amount of time and in the mid 33s any improvement to your time moves you up the leaderboard big time.

I also feel the tune I am using is a little too grippy. So in short a good grip tune tweaked with a little less aero (hopefully keeping its oval turning ability) and a little more gearing would help a lot.

I sent as message to the guy who created the tune I have if he would tweak or unlock it but have not heard back from him.