How do I use Azura's star?

Guest The Jimmonator

Guest The Jimmonator

So i finished the black star quest and opted for azuras star, but im not really sure how it works. Anyone care to explain? do i need a certain weapon, do souls fill it? im confused.

just use a weapon that's enchanted with a soul trap spell on it or use a soul trap spell and kill whatever you cast it on and it should say Soul Captured or something like that and then you can use azura's star to recharge your magical items

This, it's basically a reusable soul gem. When you use it to recharge, just fill it again. It makes most other soul gems practically useless.

Guest The Jimmonator
just use a weapon that's enchanted with a soul trap spell on it or use a soul trap spell and kill whatever you cast it on and it should say Soul Captured or something like that and then you can use azura's star to recharge your magical items

thank you for the quick reply. i have multiple enchanted weapons but i don't know if i have any with a soul trap spell. are there particular weapons that have this or is it something that I do to the weapon?

sorry about the confusion, im usually good with elder scrolls!

edit: sorry, nevermind, realise i do have some weapons back at the house with the ability to do that. thank you both for clearing it up :)

Edited by The Jimmonator
solved!

A little off topic, but if you ever decide to enchant a weapon with soul trap, make the enchantment only effective for 1 second. That gives you way more charges per magic meter. By way more I mean like 3 times as much as 2 seconds. I just thought that was a really cool trick to use

i think that when you trap a soul, it goes into the smallest gem that the soul will fit, (so a skeever soul will go into a lesser gem, not the star) so i think it works best on stronger enemies, not done much soul trapping so i don't know which enemies fit what size yet