What are some of the easier missions to S rank (Dante or Lucia)?

Ryuuk GX 57

I cant manage to get an S rank either. I beat damn near every level in the first DMC with an S. Now on DMC2 I cant get past a B. I don't get it. I get hit 1 time and I get a D for damage. I make sure just about every battle I get at least an A or S combo, and still my style is never above a C. Only thing I can get to S is the time, orbs, and item used.

Edited by Tha Mantis

The only videos I can find on youtube of S-ranking DMC2 are all on DMD. So perhaps you might want to wait until you unlock DMD?

Mission 3 on DMD (video below).

He doesn't really do much that requires skill, just uses 3 large devil stars and hacks away at the one enemy and boss.

but...replicating this video must be done on DMD or else they will die too quick, giving poor stylish average and orbs at results. I replicated this video on normal and it obviously failed.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2IuOBi_GQE&feature=related]Devil May Cry 2 Dante DMD Mission3 S rank - YouTube[/ame]

EDIT: I highly recommend Mission 8 for Dante's S rank

Edited by KongQuest

I'm still stumped for an S with Dante, but for Lucia I got an S rank on Mission 2 first try. If you use DT and slice at the boss like mad, you can stun lock him. If your DT runs out, at close range he'l only use one attack which can easily be jumped over. I took his health bar from top to bottom with one massive combo of wailing on him, and got a Stylish for it. :p

I'm still stumped for an S with Dante, but for Lucia I got an S rank on Mission 2 first try. If you use DT and slice at the boss like mad, you can stun lock him. If your DT runs out, at close range he'l only use one attack which can easily be jumped over. I took his health bar from top to bottom with one massive combo of wailing on him, and got a Stylish for it. :p

I got her S rank using you're method, but not on my first try... took me like 10-15 runs. After spending so much time spent with this mission, I realized some things that can help.

-You must be perfect. The boss is the biggest problem. I got tapped just one time and got S,S,B,A,S, negating the S rank.

-I skipped all the fights before the boss when I got S rank.(except for the 2 goats at the start)

-Be sure to grab the secret red orbs. In the room with the Puias, there's red orbs in each of the 4 corners. Grab the ones after the boss too.

-You mentioned "slicing at the boss like mad", that didn't work for me at all. He will manage to get a hit in even when you're in DT. I would slash at him for one full combo (:ybut::ybut::ybut::ybut::ybut:), then dodge left or right with :bbut:, and keep repeating it. There is a lot of evasion needed.

The bottom line is: If you defeat Tartarussian perfectly, end it with "Showtime", without getting hit, you should be able to S rank it. I ended up with S,S,S,S,S once I did it

Edited by KongQuest

You can S Rank mission 8 very very easily and score 10,000 red orbs every 2 mins or so.

Load up mission 8 from level select (you have to complete the game first) and

go tackle the boss with lv 2 or preferably 3 SubMachine Guns with Dante.

The boss will charge at you first, then stop dead in the center of the helipad.

Keep your distance and he will only perform 3 attacks.

1)Ring of Fire

2)Hammerswing that will pull you towards him + Fire

3)He'll stomp fire and charge at you sometimes. Rarely.

All you really need to do is when he slams the hammer down and begins the ring of fire attack, (Move 1) simply roll around the wall of flames side to side.

9/10 times he will begin swinging hammer overhead now, (Move 2) Keep rolling side to side until he stops pulling you forwards and if you're close enough, your style rating will raise with every successful dodge.

Occasionally, he'll try charging you (Move 3). Roll to his left and repeat.

Once you reach S rank just keep hitting him with S/machineguns from range.

When his health is low, go Devil Trigger and finish him off with your DevilGuns. Make sure you're close enough to get your Combo orbs when he drops dead.

Do it in 2-3 mins, dont get hit, finish him on Stylish. Guaranteed S rank.

Its also a good spot for Orb grinding, 10-11k for a 2 min boss fight.

This is for Dante by the way.

Edited by Dearn
Character specifics!

You can S Rank mission 8 very very easily and score 10,000 red orbs every 2 mins or so.

Load up mission 8 from level select (you have to complete the game first) and

go tackle the boss with lv 2 or preferably 3 SubMachine Guns with Dante.

The boss will charge at you first, then stop dead in the center of the helipad.

Keep your distance and he will only perform 3 attacks.

1)Ring of Fire

2)Hammerswing that will pull you towards him + Fire

3)He'll stomp fire and charge at you sometimes. Rarely.

All you really need to do is when he slams the hammer down and begins the ring of fire attack, (Move 1) simply roll around the wall of flames side to side.

9/10 times he will begin swinging hammer overhead now, (Move 2) Keep rolling side to side until he stops pulling you forwards and if you're close enough, your style rating will raise with every successful dodge.

Occasionally, he'll try charging you (Move 3). Roll to his left and repeat.

Once you reach S rank just keep hitting him with S/machineguns from range.

When his health is low, go Devil Trigger and finish him off with your DevilGuns. Make sure you're close enough to get your Combo orbs when he drops dead.

Do it in 2-3 mins, dont get hit, finish him on Stylish. Guaranteed S rank.

Its also a good spot for Orb grinding, 10-11k for a 2 min boss fight.

This is for Dante by the way.

This worked perfectly. Thanks so much. Got it on my 2nd attempt.

I got her S rank using you're method, but not on my first try... took me like 10-15 runs. After spending so much time spent with this mission, I realized some things that can help.

-You must be perfect. The boss is the biggest problem. I got tapped just one time and got S,S,B,A,S, negating the S rank.

-I skipped all the fights before the boss when I got S rank.(except for the 2 goats at the start)

-Be sure to grab the secret red orbs. In the room with the Puias, there's red orbs in each of the 4 corners. Grab the ones after the boss too.

-You mentioned "slicing at the boss like mad", that didn't work for me at all. He will manage to get a hit in even when you're in DT. I would slash at him for one full combo (:ybut::ybut::ybut::ybut::ybut:), then dodge left or right with :bbut:, and keep repeating it. There is a lot of evasion needed.

The bottom line is: If you defeat Tartarussian perfectly, end it with "Showtime", without getting hit, you should be able to S rank it. I ended up with S,S,S,S,S once I did it

Something must be wrong with my game, because everytime i'm getting a D in style when the mission ends. I'm very certain that i had a showtime, unless the bastard blocked it the second he died. But then the A in orbs wouldn't make sense.

Something must be wrong with my game, because everytime i'm getting a D in style when the mission ends. I'm very certain that i had a showtime, unless the bastard blocked it the second he died. But then the A in orbs wouldn't make sense.

I also tried that about 20 times with no luck. I could do the fight flawlessly and get all available orbs , I finally got the achievement by doing level 1 on normal for Lucia. Took a few attempts but its much easier.

I also tried that about 20 times with no luck. I could do the fight flawlessly and get all available orbs , I finally got the achievement by doing level 1 on normal for Lucia. Took a few attempts but its much easier.

You're right that mission 1 is much easier to do it with. I managed to get an SSASS on the 3rd attempt.

:uzi:I did Mission 1 on Normal for both of them. Don't get hit, get over a certain amount of red orbs, and try to get a S-Rank stylish combo at each group of enemies. The worst part I dealt with as Dante was when you first encounter Msiras. Also, guns are your friend as they keep your combo going. Just spam the cartwheel kick ass Lucia and as Dante slice twice then stinger or high time. Shoot once or twice to continue your combo. It will take a few tries. As Dante, you will need to get 4,000 red orbs and I forget how many as Lucia.

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed no one mentioned this but to get a good and quick stylish rank with lucia hold left on stick and attack and ull do a roll/spin type atack toward the enemy. I was able to get s rank combos half way through the fights with the caged enemies and then just used daggers to keep the s rank goin for an extra 20 seconds with other enemies. This also gave me more orbs and i ended with 4012 instead of 2000 with the standard Y Y Y Y attack. I also just used daggers on golums to avoid damage. You may end up doin a high kick by being at an angle where controls are reversed so if this happens you have time to hit them with a roll attack by holding right instead if you at same angle before the combo ends. I got all S ranks first time i tryed this method whereas my old method of using Y Y Y Y attacks i had tryed 20-30 times with only getting a C rank in combos as i did not understand stylish rank and combo system that well. Hope this helps someone and if you not sure wat i mean just try holding the left stick in different directions when you attack to find best move to build up combos.

• 2 months later...
:uzi:I did Mission 1 on Normal for both of them. Don't get hit, get over a certain amount of red orbs, and try to get a S-Rank stylish combo at each group of enemies. The worst part I dealt with as Dante was when you first encounter Msiras. Also, guns are your friend as they keep your combo going. Just spam the cartwheel kick ass Lucia and as Dante slice twice then stinger or high time. Shoot once or twice to continue your combo. It will take a few tries. As Dante, you will need to get 4,000 red orbs and I forget how many as Lucia.

How the hell do you get 4000 on Normal? Is there a goddamn Super Dante to unlock on this one? I'm also curious if completing secret rooms affects rank on this one. I seem to remember that helping something on DMC1.

Edited by Viper187