best super hero game

JolietsBest815

• 2 weeks later...

After seeing some gameplay, it's a definite "no". It may be the intentionally funniest comic book inspired game ever.

But, I honestly don't see this being regarded as better than games like Arkham Asylum/City. I'm still a huge fan of Marvel Ultimate Alliance as well.

If they copied the Arkham Gameplay, but made it more violent and added the guns, this could have competed.

• 1 month later...

best marvel game...... i think not, im a big deadpool fan and am getting this regardless, but there are soooo many better, well i say better who knows until its out but id put a small wager on them being better, i cant say what the best marvel game is as tehres been soooo many great ones heres my picks -

xbox 360 -

- the amazing spiderman (really enjoyed this game)

wolverine

ultimate alliance 1 & 2 ( though 1 was far superior in my eyes better heroes more customization to powers etc)

xmen the arcade game ( awesome 4 player fun)

other consoles -

spiderman 2 (ps2)

xmen ( megadrive)

spiderman (megadrive)

the punisher (ps2) this is one of my fav marvel games and made for adults which is win

there are others but those are my picks, if id have to choose it would be a toss up between punisher and amazing spiderman

though my one gripe with the majority of superhero games is the enemy selection, i dont mind beating up supervillians and even your run of hte mill thugs but all games seem to resort to robots and mechs, and thats when i lose interest

though my one gripe with the majority of superhero games is the enemy selection, i dont mind beating up supervillians and even your run of hte mill thugs but all games seem to resort to robots and mechs, and thats when i lose interest

That I think is usually because they want some type of dismemberment effect on screen, and with a T rated game, you jus can't have limbs flying everywhere. This is why I think most games resort to lots of machine type enemies. Luckily, this game shouldn't have that problem.

OP, I don't think anything is going to beat Batman's recent games. This might be great in terms of story, humor, and true to the source material, but they will definitely be hard pressed to hold up to that gameplay standard. I am thinking this will be along the lines of Wolverine Origins, fun and worth playing, but nothing to write home about, is my prediction.

A solid "no" to that - although, to be fair, I don't think anyone was expecting it to be. It's definitely the funniest, though, and that was clearly the goal.

My all-round favourite superhero game is Batman: Arkham City, and my favourite Marvel superhero game is either Spider-Man 2, The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, or Ultimate Spider-Man.

Edited by Scrummy64

Will deadpool be the best MARVEL super hero game to date???

I think Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions has it beat. Deadpool is a fun game and there are some fun moments, but Shattered Dimensions has all that, plus better visuals (not counting all the bikini clad ladies of course) as well as better game play. The only super hero game series that beats Shattered (in my opinion of course) is the Arkham series.