Your humorous/WTF/Holy crap moments here

Wildmn34

Had a cracking moment earlier. Noticed that a dragon was in the marshland west of Kynesgrove flying about. So I eventually got close enough to start a fight. Then as I'm circling around hitting him with my sword and see 2 Giants, 2 Mammoths and a Sabre Cat.

So I'm a bit worried, even if a Mammoths took out the Sabre Cat. After the Dragon was disposed of, guess who got their attention. A Giant hit Iona into low level orbit, and left me to take out the Giants and Mammoths with my Orcish Bow of Burning. Which I eventually did. After an epic 10 minute battle. I then start to mourn the loss of all my awesome loot Iona was carrying. Just as I'm about to leave the area, who should plummet to earth, and hard? Iona! She even survived! This follower is tough as nails. She can stay with me.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Dark Brotherhood initiate who was following me around for some reason decided it was fun to be swept by a current right over a waterfall, guess she didn't have the leg power to get accross but worst of all she was carrying 8 Dragon Bones plus armor!!

Worst of all today after tidying up my Arch Mages quarters and getting my character ready to leave i accidently cast a spell which threw absolutley everything on the floor and made it a whole mess.... i was so annoyed :p

Both times had to re-load -_-

Edited by Starkweather

I'm in a small room when I become over encumbered. I notice that for some reason I have absolutely loads of books in my inventory so I decide to drop them all at once to make room.

What happened next would make a good scene in a horror film.

The dropped books at first formed a big ball. The ball started to jitter around on the floor for a bit and then groups of about 3 or 4 books would fly from it and bounce off the walls to land and do a conga line dance on the floor. This lasted a good minute. I couldn't believe my eyes.

While I was doing the Mehrunes Dagon quest, an Orc spotted me while I was sneaking in the dungeon, and while in combat with him, he chopped off my head with a giant Elven Axe... I was like, Whaaaat? I literally just sat there with my mouth open D: ...thinking what the hell just happened. LOL

Had another one. This one falls squarely into the WTF category.

I was doing the Miscellaneous quest where you recover the helm for the guy at the wrecked boat. Can't remember the town. Upper right hand part of the map.

So you have to swim across a partially frozen lake. Fight a couple bandits and then the bandit chief or whatever.I'm looting the boat when I hear splashing outside. I run outside and look into the horizon and see what I swear to god looks like the Lock Ness Monster coming up, going down, coming up, going down.

It gets closer and closer to the boat so I ready up. (Mind you it's dark so i can see overly well). So I wait until it gets a little closer and... it's a horse. I have no idea how the horse got there, why it was in the water. I have not even owned a horse during the game.

Needless to say I let it get closer and rode it back to town. :-)

figured it better to post here than anywhere else

but my wtf moment as i guess you could put is this, 60 hours into the game disease free, and a fergin skeever or whatever bit me and i get antoxia or whatever im not sure, i had a cure disease, several actually, but i cant believe i made it 60 hours into the game without contracting a disease, and then a little critter i one-hit kill poisons me with his retched disease, hahaha...

and i guess this qualifys aswell, i just got attacked by some thugs claiming they were going to teach me a lesson, and when i read the contract on one of their corpses it was signed by someone im pretty sure is dead... though i could be wrong, minor spoilers need highlighting > i believe septumus signus died when i completed the quest from him, and yet this was the signature on the contract? and he claimed i was a thief... this could very well be an extension of the quest, i dont know...

Well mine started as normal walk into the blue palace in solitude to turn in a quest... But once I got in there all hell broke loose the jarl was fighting the guards, servants and the thane.. I even saw him stab one of the people that came inside the palace in the back killing them instantly. My first thought was is everyone in this palace crazy??

Searhcing some of the northern islands so I was doing quite a bit of swimming. At one point I go under and 'flash!' what the hell was that??. There were two bunnies jetting along down there, I tried to follow but they were too fast. Gave me a great lol moment though, even the wife looked over and saw and started laughing :D

The only thing was 'riding' a dragon for a little bit. Somehow when i fast travelled, on a horse no less ... It would place me on the back of a sleeping dragon. So when it took off it would take me for a short ride until it was high enough to drop me back to earth. Usually i survived but my horse didn't. Happened 5 times in a row. If i go back to the save game it'll happen again if i travel to that hunter's lodge west of riverwood.

My vid of it - thru the ipad so shoddy quality and was a long load time, action happens at 0:30ish. Do like the roar of smiting the dragon makes lol

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voFouaQrVS8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voFouaQrVS8[/ame]

Edited by leeloo

OK, this one I had to share and take a picture of.

I was in the town of Dragon Bridge. Just discovered the town and was looking around. I found the Inn and was just about to go in when a dragon falls (yes literally falls) out of the sky and goes half in and half out of the inn.

I jump back and was like "Shit" then pull out my trusty bow. And the dragon starts twitching and dies. No one, not even the towns people did any damage to it. But, I collected the dragon soul and everything. The easiest dragon kill I will ever get.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b88/BeezerMN/IMG_20111118_001209.jpg

The part that made this even beyond priceless. The towns people all gather and do their normal "Oooh dragon born" type speeches. Then a lady says, and I quote.

"It's dead now, but where did it come from?"

I laughed out loud for a good couple minutes. Had to share that one with you guys. :drunk

My WTF moment : I came across a Cave Bear and decided to smack it around with my sword for a while when, during the smackage, my screen shakes violently and I'm like Wtf. After a couple sword smacks on the bear, a sword swing brings a snout into view. WTFOMGBBQ!!! A DRAGON! RUN AWAYYYYYY!!! I flee and look back and see the dragon gobble up the bear then start after me.

Archery never seems to fail at providing consistent funny moments, usually centered around closing a door behind you, waiting for an enemy to open it and immediately shooting them in the face. I've also had several situations in which enemies have ducked out the way as I'm about to fire an arrow, resulting in me hitting their unsuspecting buddy who is stood behind them.

Funniest moment by far is stumbling across a giant and his herd of mammoth fighting a dragon. I decided to try and ninja the kills, but it failed terribly and I spent the final few minutes of my life fleeing from the aforementioned dragon, giant and herd of mammoth.

I was walking through a snowy forest when I heard a dragon behind me. Apparently it didn't see me, since it landed far ahead.

I ran towards it only to see it's health decrease more and more. Eventually, I find myself looking at a dead dragon with nothing around.

I thought.

Next thing I know, a giant decided to teach me how to fly.

I failed the lesson and crashed onto a rock from very high ...

Pretty wtf moment, in the North somewhere, I heard the music that come son when there's a tough enemy around and saw a Snowy Sabrecat making a beeline for me. I brace myself, only to hear a bear's roar behind me. I'm thinking "No freaking way" then the Sabrecat started fighting an Ice Wraith whilst I'm going toe to toe with this ebar

Just when I though it couldn;t get any worse that gorgeous Dragin-battle music comes. I mean jesus is this game taking notes from Dark Souls?

I have had a few wtf/lol moments

first one, i got distracted hunting game, when i see a rabbit in an animation lock stop right in front of me on a rock. so i pull out my bow, aim, release the arrow, just as its about to hit for the kill the rabbit teleported about 5 feet to the left.

Second, i had killed a dragon next to a tower earlier that day. as i am running by the tower my wife, who was sitting next to me, said "Last time you were here a dragon spawned" not 2 seconds after she finished that sentence did the epic music start up and fire reigns down on my and my horse.

this is a wtf moment seen while not playing myself, but watching a friend play... he had recently grabbed the female companion at whiteruns pub, the female who you brawl with and then she will follow you. so that's all good and dandy, he does some questing/exploring, and he comes upon some giants, and i think he was too close to their herd (i want to say it was just one measly cow) and the fight begins. not 30 seconds into the fight, we see his companion get, what we assumed to be destroyed, by the swing of the giants club, launched in the air out of sight, i swear further than an arrow will travel when shot directly up, we looked for her in the sky for about 15 seconds before he had to go back at the giants... he finishes them off with the help of 3 word unrelenting force... then after the fight ended, his companion came strutting up like "hey, hows it going"... so my friend then heads to a dragon wall, and on his way he hits a hot spring, with more giants, and once again a fight ensues, and this time his companion was hit yet again, but we didn't see the hit, we merely saw her land in the water, saw a splash and we were both like "there she is", and as he approached her she was lying on her back motionless, and i was like, aw she isn't such a badass after-all, and not a second after i say that she gets up and helps once again in the fight... she is still alive to this day, and i really dont know how, but i think she got an A in that flight lesson others have mentioned...

I have had a few wtf/lol moments

first one, i got distracted hunting game, when i see a rabbit in an animation lock stop right in front of me on a rock. so i pull out my bow, aim, release the arrow, just as its about to hit for the kill the rabbit teleported about 5 feet to the left.

Second, i had killed a dragon next to a tower earlier that day. as i am running by the tower my wife, who was sitting next to me, said "Last time you were here a dragon spawned" not 2 seconds after she finished that sentence did the epic music start up and fire reigns down on my and my horse.

not relevant to this thread, but to the case of the dragon being in the same place. was this near a dragon word wall? if so when you killed the dragon did you get its soul, as my friend has fought 2 different dragons that he had i guess already defeated, and the dragon never lost its outer shell, and he didn't absorb another spirit, which is understandable, but its weird that it spawned again... i guess this would be a way to boost combat skill if thats what you wanting to do, not speaking to the writer of this post, just to those in general...

These are both normal parts of the game but cracked me up recently-

I was fighting a group of Forsworn, pretty large group actually (had a big camp down by a river). Anyways, finally get down to fighting the last one, and I guess he noticed the carnage and thought better of it. Yells "Death is highly overrated!!" and hauls ass off into the hills. :p

Was sneaking up on a guard to pickpocket, and he spots me and goes "Don't even think about it!" Was the first time it happened so caught me off guard, but pretty funny!

wow, just had another moment... fast traveled to a dragon shrine, to go to a neighboring location i hadn't found yet... my friend had what i can only assume the game glitch on him 2 times, where he killed a dragon at and from the same shrine twice, and it didn't let him absorb the soul... so any time i go to a shrine i look out for this... and what do you know, i have 2 dragons spawn in on me... at first i only knew of the one, and they did pretty good to stay out of the same line of sight. and of all the dragons they could have been they were a blood dragon and a frost dragon... so i drank my necessary potions, and started in on the fight (while trying to take some snapshots of the battle with my camera phone, just to get both dragons in frame at once, i was somewhat successful and will upload the pics later). i kill the blood dragon fairly quick, and then i go to finish off the frost dragon, but he had other plans, he spotted a nearby cave bear, and decides he wants to enter in a 4th combatant into this squabble (technically 5th as i have a companion...) so between me and the bear, we kill the frost dragon, then i have to deal with the bear... i get it done and it was awesome, now i have 6 bones and 6 scales flooding my companion and my inventory's, as well as i think 600 gold between the two dragons... and this was all near an already completed dragon shrine, or word wall... ahhh i love this game