Patch 1.3 - General Discussion

Shadow XBL

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

never heard of that? mine works just fine.

:confused:

Mine doesn't :( Declined update, clicked load game, and.....every single save file says "this was saved using a newer version of the game. update to play" blah blah blah....

I'm seriously having withdrawals at this point. I haven't actually PLAYED a game since last weekend...just been mindlessly Gears 3 boosting while watching Netflix.

Hurry up Bethesda, hurry up.

i'm not downloading any of these patches. also this isnt 1.3 its an incrimental patch to fix backwards dragon glitch.

the small & big patches hit next year. they'll be doing them for most of next year.

i presume we'll all be done playing by then.

sad to see such patches having such bad effects.

This and more importantly the magicka resistance. Everyone knows the next patch is going to break something again. Bethesda cannot NOT break something when applying patches.

Sounds like you're right XBM. This is from my gaming forum I post in:

As many of you know, Patch 1.2 caused all magical resistance to drop to 0. This was crippling for many characters. In Patch 1.3 this was fixed. However according to the official Bethesda message board it was replaced by a new issue:

If you go over 100, you start back at 0.

Meaning the maximum you can fortify anything is to 100.

The real downside is if you try and fortify a skill past 100%. So if your block skill is 60 and you fortify it to 110, it actually drops to a block skill of 10. This goes for Heavy Armor, Light Armor, Enchanting, etc. Everything.

So buyer beware on the new patch that should be coming to consoles in a few days.... you are regaining magical resistance, but giving up the ability to over-fortify skills. It doesn't just "cap" you at 100, it brings you back to 0 and starts over.

Edit: I originally said this effected magical regeneration but now I'm reading that it doesn't. Only skills (Enchanting, Block, One-Handed, etc). NOT Magical/Health regeneration.

Sounds like you're right XBM. This is from my gaming forum I post in:

See that? I have been told to trust in Bethesda, And without a doubt, They make great games, Great innovation, But when it comes to fixing and supporting the communities issues, They are completely without question horrible within the first year of release of any of there games.

In the early 2000's Morrowind was unplayable do to PATCHES, Oblivion's first patch was a complete cluster fuck too.

Look at what happened with Brink, and Fallout New Vegas was fucked do to PATCHES. I really don't understand how they can consistantly screw up every game they have made by providing the first few patches to fix things, Then break them.

Edited by XBM Yosho