How is this game???

Tinysmitty

If you like light-hearted, fun and hilarious games, I'd highly recommend it as thanks to Juliet and Nick's conversations alone, it was well worth the £30 I paid for it.

If you enjoy seeing how you rank up against friends and others world wide when it comes to killing zombies aswell as unlocking everything that's available, then yes, there's some replayability after the 1000GS.

if you can get it on the cheap, it's worth a purchase; definitely not worth full price in my opinion, but i fell for it. definitely worth a rental at the very least.

Pros:

an interesting spin on the 'kill hordes of undead' gametype

excellent writing and voice acting (the game is very cheeky and never takes itself seriously; plays on it's b-movie vibe well

an equally excellent soundtrack and visual style

Cons:

as with a lot games of this ilk, the camera sucks

combat is sluggish (no block button... really?) and combos can be a little spotty at times

probably my biggest gripe, every 10 seconds there's a pause in the action to point out the next point of interest, listen to a zombie yack his head off or some other minor scene. this gets a little annoying... even during the FIRST playthrough.

not a lot of incentive to keep playing after you've finished it once, unless you're an achievement whore (like me!) and/or really, really want to grind for medals to buy all the other non-achievement related items (costumes).

i rented it and by time i got my 1000 i had enough with it. People find this game to be funny but the script IMO sounds like a 10 year old wrote it and i found it very annoying. BUT!!!! the gameplay is awesome and i loved trying to get huge sparkle hunting combos while playing.

For me, the only funny part was when i first entered the shop and that Lollipop song was playing.

In hack n' slash games you dodge, not block. That's how it is in Bayonetta, and I'm quite sure it's like that in DMC too.

That's not the rule. Ninja Gaiden would be example of a game of this type having a block button. The difference with Bayonetta and DMC, in comparison to this game, is that in lieu of the ability to block attacks, a key mechanic is parrying (Witch Time in Bayonetta) which is integral to chaining combos. This game really has no key mechanic like that. You can leap frog, but you can also easily get through the entire game without ever using it. Just would've been nice to have such a mechanic... or at least a block button.

Sick of hearing these comments on great games.

its supposedly a short game, and short games are very rarely worth full price.

don't get me wrong, i'm enjoying the game and having a blast so far, but i don't see much room for re-playability on it after the 1k, which is what the op asked.

bottom line:

rent it or get it at a good price, but definitely play it.

That's not the rule. Ninja Gaiden would be example of a game of this type having a block button. The difference with Bayonetta and DMC, in comparison to this game, is that in lieu of the ability to block attacks, a key mechanic is parrying (Witch Time in Bayonetta) which is integral to chaining combos. This game really has no key mechanic like that. You can leap frog, but you can also easily get through the entire game without ever using it. Just would've been nice to have such a mechanic... or at least a block button.

Witch time is activated by timing a dodge well in Bayonetta, not parrying. Haven't played NG though, so I'll just have to trust you on that. And I've only played DMC4, but the only parries you can do there is using Dante's queens guard or what's-it-called stance, no? Haven't played it for a couple of years, and I was a hack n' slash newb at the time, so I'm not sure.

I LOVE this game! A lot of fun. Hot cheerleader kills zombies with a chainsaw? YES!

It took about 5-6hrs. Replay in this game is HIGH. So, total time about 12hrs. Perfect. Then it will sit in my library until DLC or time passes and want to kill zombies again.

BUY.

I've been unsure whether to buy or rent this one considering current cashflow problems so having read your posts i'm gonna go for a rental.I must play this game-any game that gives an achievement for looking up a cheerleaders skirt has got to be played:woop:...Giggerdy!!

i rented it and by time i got my 1000 i had enough with it. People find this game to be funny but the script IMO sounds like a 10 year old wrote it and i found it very annoying. BUT!!!! the gameplay is awesome and i loved trying to get huge sparkle hunting combos while playing.

For me, the only funny part was when i first entered the shop and that Lollipop song was playing.

Pretty accurate to my playthrough as well. Not great but if you can find it cheap I'd say go for it.