Game refuses to install Update, so can't play

Seankichu

Played the first area of the game the other day, went to play some more tonight and it says it needs an update... after trying to install the update it says "There was a problem with the update" and goes back to xbox dashboard.

I literally can't get into the game anymore :(

have you tried a system reboot?

il see if there is any news on it maybe its a problem on there end

edit

there hasnt actually been a patch since december

http://lordsofthefallen.wiki.fextralife.com/Patch+Information

try a system reboot/power cycle, check your network or see if there are any alerts

Edited by Lewie B I ReQ

Yeah, did multiple retries, tested connection, xbox hard reset with power unplug for 30secs.

Only option haven't tried yet is un-install then re-install game, but will leave that as last ditch fix since games size makes it take ages to install.

edit: Do you know if uninstalling also removes save files? I foresee having to go that route if nothing else sorts it.

Edited by Seankichu

I was playing for about a week then suddenly had a 2.5gb update to do but can not find any information about what it is for, but it installed fine and carried on playing the game as usual unaware of any obvious changes,

Maybe try hardwiring into your internet if u are wireless? And yeah uninstalling a game does save ur save files it has done with many other games so should be fine on this

I went to play last night and got the same thing.

Uninstalling didn't do anything for me. Tried everything you mentioned as well, no luck (and my Xbox is already hardwired into the router rather than going over wireless).

Glad to hear I'm not the only one, but sorry it's happening to you as well. Maybe this is Microsoft punishing those of us who got the steal for 9 bucks by making it unplayable.

Kidding, of course ;)

I wonder if it's worth doing that system diagnoses process that the xbox connectivity troubleshooter eventually suggest downloading from the pc and running on the xbox to test the problem.

Alternatively some comments I've read online have suggested trying another day and/or constantly hitting retry since apparently it might be a high volume microsoft server thing and this has worked for people.

Yeah I wasn't expecting to have to update but this game specifically just suddenly won't let me play until it "updates".

It's probably something about the game install that went wrong and it thinks it needs to update when it doesn't and keeps falling over.

Either that or since it's only the second time I've booted it up, maybe the first time it didn't do the update since I was playing it while it was finishing the install... and it's only when I've come back to it after it's been fully installed that it's ready to download the patches. So it could just be having trouble connecting to a microsoft server and I should keep trying later.

I wonder if it's worth doing that system diagnoses process that the xbox connectivity troubleshooter eventually suggest downloading from the pc and running on the xbox to test the problem.

Alternatively some comments I've read online have suggested trying another day and/or constantly hitting retry since apparently it might be a high volume microsoft server thing and this has worked for people.

Interesting, I never got to that. When I select "Test Network Connection" it just says "network connection is fine" or something to that effect and that's it. I tried hitting retry over and over and over but wasn't able to get any further. I'll give it a go tonight and see what happens.

i find it more weird that you guys are getting an update when the last update was released back in december....unless they released a new patch and didnt say anything about it

Agreed, especially since: a) I had originally played and installed from a disk. b) I bought the digital version and didn't have to do anything, it just installed the license basically and let me continue to play using my original install from december c) I had played it for about 30 minutes just a couple days ago.

Yeah I wasn't expecting to have to update but this game specifically just suddenly won't let me play until it "updates".

It's probably something about the game install that went wrong and it thinks it needs to update when it doesn't and keeps falling over.

Either that or since it's only the second time I've booted it up, maybe the first time it didn't do the update since I was playing it while it was finishing the install... and it's only when I've come back to it after it's been fully installed that it's ready to download the patches. So it could just be having trouble connecting to a microsoft server and I should keep trying later.

I don't think that's the problem going by what I mentioned above, but at this point I have no idea what's going on and it seems to be only a few of us that's running into it.

I'll keep at it and see if I can figure out something that works for me and let you know if you don't mind doing the same. I've been searching around for more information but haven't found anyone even mentioning the problem outside of this thread <shrug>. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Interesting, I never got to that. When I select "Test Network Connection" it just says "network connection is fine" or something to that effect and that's it. I tried hitting retry over and over and over but wasn't able to get any further. I'll give it a go tonight and see what happens.

Sorry I miss-spoke, the troubleshooting steps I went through were actually here: http://support.xbox.com/en-AU/xbox-one/system/system-updates-solution

It's obviously labelled as support for "system" updates but since it is essentially the same error screens and problem I thought it could help. At the end they link to a download diagnoses thing as last step.

i find it more weird that you guys are getting an update when the last update was released back in december....unless they released a new patch and didnt say anything about it

When they released the patch in December they said there would be another patch released around the same time as the DLC this is it.

Quick update... just got home from work and tried again and 2.9gb update installed first time without a hitch.

Seems like it really was some kind of temporary server thing. Maybe too many Xbox's trying to download same update at the same time yesterday?

Same here, got home and it booted right up, didn't even prompt me for an update just kicked right off.

Alls well that ends well I suppose, was able to get about an hour and a half into my new out and out rogue I was wanting to try. Fun stuff :dance:

Same here, got home and it booted right up, didn't even prompt me for an update just kicked right off.

Alls well that ends well I suppose, was able to get about an hour and a half into my new out and out rogue I was wanting to try. Fun stuff :dance:

Funny thing is, after hour or so it took to install, and the last few days of not being able to play... once I finally got it working again I found myself just not in the mood for Lords of the Fallen and ended up playing Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii for the rest of the night lol :francis:

I just got hit with this update despite the fact I've been playing the game for a while now with no issues. Going to try and restart the console and hope for the best, that seems to work for some.

Edit: Didn't work. Guess I'll play something else and try again later.

Edited by DEG23