Level 25 Rune is dumb

After countless tries of killing warchiefs, meeting all requirements and exposing there fear in a fight and only getting epics, I thankfully looked at these forums.

I followed the tips here for getting a bodyguard to do a betrayal, the only difference being was THE WARCHIEF DIDNT HAVE ANY FEARS SO USED A DEATH THREAT AND LET BODYGUARDS KILL HIM for the level 25 rune first time.

Edited by DJ RJester

• 3 weeks later...
Are you guys sure about that?

Because I tried that and it didn't work.

Could be just me.

It's how I unlocked it when the game launched. Super easy. Just make sure not to hit him at all first, or the burning from the Fire Arrow will most likely kill him before you can execute.

• 2 weeks later...

I was expecting this to be hard.... but it was fairly easy. I had a branded level 20 Warchief who was a revenge target. He had a weakness to combat finishers. I basically hit him 5 times, did an execution..... then killed him instantly. Pretty sweet!

• 1 month later...
What does it mean by hate/fear exploited? If I've got a guy afraid of fire, does setting him on fire once fulfil that part of it? Does it matter if it's a fire arrow, or does it need to be a campfire or grog explosion?

When you go to the in-game menu and look up their info, if you've gotten the info on them, their fear will show up at the top. You need to use that against them to get one step closer to the Level 25 Rune. If it's fire, as you mention, any way of lighting them on fire will work, including everything you said.

When you go to the in-game menu and look up their info, if you've gotten the info on them, their fear will show up at the top. You need to use that against them to get one step closer to the Level 25 Rune. If it's fire, as you mention, any way of lighting them on fire will work, including everything you said.

Cheers! I've read some people have had a ball ache with this one, so wanted to be sure. I had 6 bodyguards branded for the guy I'd targeted. I waited until they were all out away from any camp, and then accidentally pushed down instead of up, killing all 6 bodyguards I'd spent ages setting up. D'oh! Luckily, the Warchiefs weakness was fire and combat finishers, so still managed to get a level 26 rune.

• 7 months later...

I just got this achievement on my second attempt. I went for this and Stinking Rebels at the same time. I ended up getting that achievement, but the 5 branded bodyguards eventually got bored and left him alone with me, so I had to finish him off myself and got an Epic Rune instead.

When he died, one of his bodyguards (a lovely gent called Muzglob The Bleeder) filled his vacancy as warchief and inherited the other 4 bodyguards. So, I made my second attempt on Muzglob. Muzglob had killed me at one point, so he was a revenge target, and I had retaliated by sending him a death threat, so I wanted his bodyguards to kill him instead of doing it myself. They started attacking him, but broke off to fight other orcs attacking me. So, I grabbed Muzglob (which was easy, as he was branded), and shanked him several times to bring down his health, then used him as a shield and let an attacking orc finish him off.

So 20 for his level, +2 for his being a warchief, +1 for revenge, +1 for +death threat, +1 for knowing weaknesses, +1 for exploiting hatred gave me a Level 26 Blademaster Rune and the achievement popped. I hadn't even known Level 26 was possible.

• 1 month later...

I found this achievement irritating as well. In order for me to unlock it, it took me multiple attempts.

Here is what I had when I got the achievement:

- Level 20 Warchief (+20)

- Warchief (+2)

- Intel/Knowing their weakness (+1)

- Issue a death threat (+1)

- Revenge target (+1)

- Exploit a fear/weakness (+1)

So all in all, I had a total earning of a level 26 rune. The only reason I issued a death threat was because I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to exploit his fear/weakness. Before I confronted him, I made sure to brand all five of his bodyguards. All I did was use my bow to pin him in place and let the other bodyguards do their thing. When he went to pull his leg free, I pinned the other one.

Due to the Warchief being killed by a Captain and not yourself technically, he will not drop an epic rune.

--DishonoredDeity--

Edited by DishonoredDeity

• 6 months later...

finally got mine but in a weird way, i did the same as most got the captain to level 20 and then warchief, i had a revenge marker on him, got the intel, and i had 2 of his bodyguards under my control, i couldn't use the fear of burning on him but he retreated during the battle and the bodygurds killed him and i got the level 25 rune.

weird thing was that i had to assign both bodyguards to a betrayal mission on the warchief so maybe that's what got me the rune.

• 10 months later...
I've tried this seven times now, and the time spent on doing it is close to 3-4 hours.

Only achievement I'm missing and I don't think I want to waste one more minute just to get 10G, it sucks, but getting 100% ain't that important to me...

Yeah, 10g man.. I mean I am still gonna do it but I am having the same problem. Funny thing is thanks to the DLCs it won't even be 100%, closer to 70%