Man I Hate the Library Level in this game.

lol care to elaborate?

i personally found this mission to be simple, but maybe thats just because of the warnings + stategy i implied. i started on H2, so for me it was pretty epic getting to play thru some of these missions. didnt know what to expect, but the general census on the forums was "library is by far the hardest mission."

what i did was just retreat every time the flood ambush out of those vents, its actually super easy. the same strat i imply on any shooter game where they make you "trigger" the ambush, its stupid really. enemies wont show up untill you cross X, so cross X then run the hell away lol. mow them down when they funnel into your vision, EZ mode kills:).

if anything i found the mission to be tedious, but not hard (i would have to "trigger" some of those ambushes like 5+ times!!). it was actually easier because that monitor was a guide (i was getting lost A LOT on missions), and he sent down sentinals to help. i thought the next mission "two betrayals" was the hardest for me. too many sections where it was me on foot vs 5+ vehicles. CEA i noticed was much more tactical than other halos, kind of unique if you ask me.

If you are looking for the achieves add me and I will help you.

I'm not looking to get the achievements for this game. I got em all by myself. Although, I am looking forward to playing this level coop on legendary since it's the only one I haven't beaten in coop on legendary. Tried with a 2nd controller but didn't work out.

I'm not looking to get the achievements for this game. I got em all by myself. Although, I am looking forward to playing this level coop on legendary since it's the only one I haven't beaten in coop on legendary. Tried with a 2nd controller but didn't work out.

I don't see how it couldn't have 'worked out.' All you do is make the second one chill back while you go and kill, or vice versa. Once it's clear, move up the second one. Rinse and repeat. :uzi:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I must say this is actually one of my favorite levels from Halo: CE. Don't get me wrong I love fighting the Covenant, but it can get a little old after a while. So it's good to have a Level without them in it. With an enemy that is a bit more fast paced.

• 1 month later...

Im so angry right now... i only need the 2 library Achievements. And its now the 4th time that i died trying to finish it on heroic withouth dying.

the shotgun is too slow to shot all the flood that is coming at you. it is sooo frustrating to always start again...

i HATE the library, and im sorry, but this is poor level design. they only put so much Flood at you because they want the game to be larger. this is my 2 cents. and now im back to Halo... :mad:

Im so angry right now... i only need the 2 library Achievements. And its now the 4th time that i died trying to finish it on heroic withouth dying.

the shotgun is too slow to shot all the flood that is coming at you. it is sooo frustrating to always start again...

i HATE the library, and im sorry, but this is poor level design. they only put so much Flood at you because they want the game to be larger. this is my 2 cents. and now im back to Halo... :mad:

I fucking hate this level also. I need library on heroic or harder without dying. I have tried 7 times now. Furthest I got was about to go through the last (i think) door with about 20 behind me and 4 of them were waiting just as the door opened and killed me.

WTF is with the dormant plasma grenades they drop? AND THE FUKIN BLOB BAGS THAT SPAWN BEHIND YOU ALL THE TIME! FUCK.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I tried the grenade jump but was not much help. So just played regularly. Running and avoiding fighting much as possible. the explosion skull helped out alot as well as the rocket launcher, once i got it. And don't forget those grenades. I think I used them 99% of the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Always loved The Library back in the day ^_^ That used to be my warmup everyday before I played anything. Didn't matter if I was getting ready to play Halo, Psychonauts, Ninja Gaiden, or The Sims. After school Halo 1 would go in and this level would be played to finish on Legendary. Sometimes I would do a pacifist speed run and sometimes I would methodically kill everything in sight. The the time I did it with just covenant weapons was really tricky.

• 2 months later...