Achievement Guide

Cyrex

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Achievement Guide

By: Cyrex and B1indside

Make the Jump 20gp

Infiltrate a Cargo Ship

This is the First level of the game and it is very short. I went through Veteran and when i finished this level i was Praying that the rest of the game was going to be as easy as this level. There is no way that you can have trouble with this level, even if you are playing Veteran

Earn a Winged Dagger 20gp

Complete 'F.N.G'

Tutorial on how to play, They teach you how to play by taking you through a course and then you have to try to beat the obstacle course once you beat it you this will be yours. For the Obstacle Course there is a record they tell you about but you do not have to beat it for this achievement.

Win The War 40gp

Complete the Game on any difficulty

Can be done on any difficulty simply complete the game. For Veteran Tips see "Deep and Hard"

Dancing in the Dark

Kill the Power

This is unlocked while going though the campaign it is part of the objective to beat the level

Save the Bacon 20gp

Protect 'War Pig'. the Abrams Tank

If you finish the "War Pig" level you are going to get this the way to finish the level is to Protect the Tank and make sure that it lives to fight another day.

Death from Above 20gp

Operate an AC-130 Gun ship

During the Level "Hunted" you have to go to the ship to finish the level. You will receive this by going through the story, you have to get in the gun ship to go to the next level

Wrong Number 20gp

Find Al-Asad's Safe house

Complete the "Safehouse" mission on any difficulty

Piggyback Ride 20gp

Carry Captain McMillan to Safety

Received for completing "One Shot, One Kill". For tips see "Deep and Hard"

Desperate Measures 20gp

Corner Zakheav's son

Just following the Moving target on this level. You can't catch him and he does not get away so there is no need to rush after him. Take your time when needed.

Look Sharp 20gp

Find 15 Enemy Intel

See http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=44102

Eyes and Ears 20gp

Find 30 Enemy Intel

See http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=44102

Down Boy Down 20gp

Survive a Dog Attack

This is done on Hunted you need to go hide behind one of the water towers so that you make sure that the Dogs attack you, when he is about to bite you you need to click the right thumb stick and Soap will reach up and Snap the Dogs Neck

New Squadron Record 20gp

Complete the Cargo Ship mockup in less than 20 seconds

As soon as you come down strafe right and kill the targets with 1 BULLET for Accuracy bonus. Then sprint after killing the 3rd target, shoot the target near the stairs then Hold LB and let go when you throw the Flashbang into room 4. Empty a bullet or two in the other 2 targets and do the same in 5 except without the flashbangs. Hold Lb and throw the Flashbomb inside 6 when ready then kill the targets with a bullet or two then sprint to the finish.

Max Accuracy Bonus = +3, which is why we use 1-2 Bullets per target.

Rescue Roycewicz 20gp

Save Pvt. Roycewicz on the Stairs

This is done on the stage "The Bog." As soon as you get to the apartment building at the beginning (first building once off the overpass," and go up the stairs to the second floor to the right, Roycewicz will get attacked by one guy, either shoot him or stab him before he kills Roycewicz.

Your Show Sucks 20gp

Destroy all the TV's Showing Al-Asad's Speech

See http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=44492

Man of the People 10gp

Save the Farmer

You encounter it on "Hunted" near the beginning when you enter the first house. You HAVE to wait until you are told to take them out. I jumped the gun twice and shot them immediately saving the farmer but never getting the achievement. Just wait till you're told and shoot the guy closest to the farmer.

Straight Flush 20gp

Kill 5 Enemies with one shot while in the AC-130 Gun Ship

Just look for a group of Enemies that are staying together and fire at them with the 105mm cannon. It makes a very large Explosion are you may be able to take out excess 10 if you hit the right spots

Ghillies in the Mist 20gp

Complete "All Ghillied up" without Alerting any Enemies

You are told to take the lead for this level, just run ahead and then stop and wait for the AI guy to go ahead of you and follow him for the rest of the mission

Mile High Club 20gp

Sky Dive to Safety on Veteran Difficulty

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mile+high+club+veteran

you can use the same strategy for a easier difficulty where you will get more time also the Detailed Description from Acrid Placitidy

Here:

Knife the guy in the closet (so you don't get shot in the back, and try to get the slash not the stab, it's faster). As you knife him, press B to duck, back out and shoot the guy on the RIGHT of the split. Run down that same side, throwing a flash bang down the right side aisle between the seats. Only use your sub-machine gun (can't remember which it is) as it can shoot through the chairs, as far as I know. This way you can help kill while you recover if need be. Turn right at the next split and hide by the chairs until you hear the plane rip open, then run straight up to the seats in the middle and crouch down, shooting through them to kill the guys that come down from the stairs. When it's cleared, run up the stairs and turn left, crouch and start shooting as you're reaching the upper floor to take out the row of guys that'll be there. You can shoot through the thin brown wall here as well. Go up to the doorway on the right, strafe left while shooting through the wall to clear out whatever you can. Reload, pop through the door on the left side now. Kill whatever enemies are in this last hallway quickly, as you should be here with at least 12 seconds left. If you're under 12, it might be best to restart, or clear out that hallway entirely really fast. At 12 seconds (make sure you have half a clip at least at this point as well), pull and throw a flash into the hall. Try to bank it off the ceiling so it lands kind of near the back of the seat section. Run down it after it's gone off, passing the guy in the nook on the left. There will be a kink in the hallway where there should be 2 enemies left (sometimes there are 3), just pull the trigger and run through them (refer to help below if you're having issues getting by them). If you make it, sprint to the end. Make sure not to shoot the VIP in the face as this will result in failure.

Keep in mind to sprint whenever possible and that I'm positive that your sub-machine gun will fire through seats and thin walls. Another thing that'll help you a lot more than you'd think if you're trying to follow my advice is to turn auto-aim off. With it on, running past the two enemies at the end before the hostage scenario can be kind of tricky, as your auto aim wants to lock onto them, ultimately spinning you in circles.

Some other things to help you out:

No less than 39 seconds when you get to the part where to plane tears open.

No less than 26 seconds when you're headed up the stairs passed the new hole in the plane. I found it difficult at these points with less than these times. Hope this helps. I think the guy in that video got extremely lucky on that run.

No Rest for the Weary 10gp

Stab an Injured Crawling Enemy

Recruit Difficulty and what you can do on the first level is shoot someone a couple of times with one bullet at a time and then run up and knife him while he is just lying there

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deep and Hard 90gp

Complete the Game on Hardened or Veteran Difficulty

Here are some tips that may help

- Know where you have to go. One of the main flaws of the Call of Duty series is that the enemies don't ever stop coming. You need to get to your checkpoint and move up or the enemies will keep coming and keep giving you a tough time

- Use the weapon that is most suitable for the situation. If you are a long way off from someone then use either the sniper rifle or a Semi-Automatic Rifle with a scope. The Weapon that you start with is the best for medium range and when you are just making your way through the levels. In very certain circumstances it is best to use the shotgun that is available to use but the M4A1 Grenadier is not very bad for short range, Also there is the Knife.

- Don't forget that bullets in this game go through walls or certain types of walls. If it is made of anything other than concrete then you have to expect that you can get shot through the wall.

- Reload, It is one of your best friends. if you get hit or you decide that it is time to duck back for cover make sure that you reload.

- Use friendlies, they actually can kill someone in this game, use them wisely

- don't get caught in a tight space, make sure that there is somewhere, where you can flee to, you will most likely get grenaded if they cannot take you out right away. If there is not somewhere that you can get to then try to avoid the area you are thinking about because you will die and you will not survive.

The Package 40gp

Complete 'Crew Expendable' on Veteran Difficulty

See "Deep and Hard"

The Rescue 40gp

Complete 'Blackout' on Veteran Difficulty

See "Deep and Hard"

The Search 40gp

Complete 'Charlie Don't Surf' on Veteran Difficulty

See "Deep and Hard"

The Bog 40gp

Complete 'The Bog' and 'War Pig' on Veteran Difficulty

See "Deep and Hard"

The Escape 40gp

Complete 'Hunted' and 'Death From Above' on Veteran Difficulty

See "Deep and Hard"

The First Horseman 40gp

Complete 'Shock and Awe' on Veteran Difficulty

See "Deep and Hard"

The Shot 40gp

Complete 'All Ghillied Up' and 'One Shot, One Kill' On Veteran Difficulty

At the beginning of the level, walk forward and when the AI starts to follow you then just stop and let him go first and then just follow him. If you alert anyone, let them kill you and it will reload the last checkpoint before the alert. Repeat as necessary till you finish the level and you will get it.

Here is an easy way to finish the extraction on Chernobyl too

See "Deep and Hard" for more tips

The Third Horseman 40gp

Complete 'Heat' and 'Sins of our Father' on Veteran Difficulty

See "Deep and Hard"

The Ultimatum 40gp

Complete 'Ultimatum', 'All In', and 'No Fighting in the War Room' on Veteran difficulty

See "Deep and Hard"

The Forth Horsemanu 40gp

Complete 'Game Over' on Veteran difficulty

See "Deep and Hard"

DareDevil 10gp

Kill an enemy while blinded by a Flashbang in the single player campaign

When you get flash banged just Spray and Pray, most of the time if you get flash banged it is for a reason so they will be coming through the door that you are

Roadkill 10gp

Kill 2 enemies by blowing up a car in the single player campaign

If you manage to pick up an RPG in the Campaign then just go for a car that enemies are trying to hide behind it will kill them if they are relatively near it and the RPG itself makes a big enough explosion.

Bird on the Ground 20gp

Shoot down an enemy helicopter with an RPG in the single player campaign

Play on recruit if you missed it, load up "War Pig" on recruit and at the very beginning, run to the bus in front of you, go to the right along the fence to get there, on the other side of the bus are some RPGs, grab one, turn a little to the right and shoot 1 of the 2 helicopters in the air dropping off more soldiers.

Four of a Kind 20gp

Kill 4 enemies in a row with headshots in the single player campaign

I did this while chasing Al-Asad, i still have the Scoped rifle and i just waited until the poked their head out and then shot them. You can wait a while because this is a Call of Duty game the Enemies keep coming until you get to the next check point

Three of a Kind 10gp

Kill 3 enemies in a row with your knife in the single player campaign

Again Recruit Difficulty you should just find 3 people near each other and then sneak up behind the first guy knife him and then go for the others very straight forward and easy when doing it on the easiest difficulty. You must do it quickly and not go heal yourself because it will reset itself

I apologize if this is not the location to post this, but just in case it is, I found an easier way to get the "New Squadron Record" achievement. You are told to equip your machine gun, but you do not have to use it. You only have to equip it so that the rope is enabled. After that, switch to your pistol and use it for the course. With some good shooting, you will not have to reload it and will get a -3 second bonus for accuracy.

Another tip, which every probably already knows, is to start the process of throwing the flash bangs before you get those rooms that require them. Just don't try to throw them if you have a current target to shoot, the flash bang won't count.

I finished the course in 19.3 seconds last night using the pistol, sprinting when possible, and throwing the flash bangs a little early. Good luck!

Thanks for making a proper organised guide should be good when finished. Are you gonna add the achieement pictures? It would just make it easier when scrolling if our looking for something specific. :)

achievement pictures make it look unorganized and sloppy i like no pictures better...

again i am looking for a sticky. i may have to pm someone

Hey Cyrex, here's a couple tips for some of the achievements you have missing, hope it helps people.

SAVE THE FARMER: you encounter it on "Hunted" near the beginning when you enter the first house. You HAVE to wait until you are told to take them out. I jumped the gun twice and shot them immediately saving the farmer but never getting the achievement. Just wait till you're told and shoot the guy closest to the farmer.

BIRD ON THE GROUND: Play on recruit if you missed it, load up "War Pig" on recruit and at the very beginning, run to the bus in front of you, go to the right along the fence to get there, on the other side of the bus are some RPGs, grab one, turn a little to the right and shoot 1 of the 2 helicopters in the air dropping off more soldiers. Achievement.

ALL GHILLED UP: if you alert anyone, let them kill you and it will reload the last checkpoint before the alert. repeat as necessary till you finish the level and you will get it.

RESCUE ROYCEWICZ: done on the stage "The Bog." As soon as you get to the apartment building at the beginning (first building once off the overpass," and go up the stairs to the second floor to the right, Roycewicz will get attacked by one guy, either shoot him or stab him before he kills Roycewicz.

Hey Cyrex, you didn't have to include my name in the guide, I didn't really do anything. But can you add this part to the achievement "GHILLIES IN THE MIST" just so people going for that specific achievement know. You added it to "THE SHOT." Thanks.

"if you alert anyone, let them kill you and it will reload the last checkpoint before the alert. repeat as necessary till you finish the level and you will get it."

To get the extra 40gs from the level for doing it on veteran do you have to do the level in one sitting? I got the 40gs fine from the first few levels and then a stopped and resumed about halfway through the bog level and when I finished that I never got the achievement for doing it on veteran. It says in the mission selection menu that I have completed the mission on veteran ok.

To get the extra 40gs from the level for doing it on veteran do you have to do the level in one sitting? I got the 40gs fine from the first few levels and then a stopped and resumed about halfway through the bog level and when I finished that I never got the achievement for doing it on veteran. It says in the mission selection menu that I have completed the mission on veteran ok.

Read the achievements...

You may have to complete TWO levels not just one.

The bog and War pig are on the same level as far as I can tell.

I have,

Save the Bacon

Protect 'War Pig'. the Abrams Tank

Which is on the bog level.

He's talking about the achievement called "The Bog" which requires the player to complete both "The Bog" and "Warpig" missions in order to unlock it. It's worth 40gs. Save the Bacon is obtainable on any difficulty and worth only 20gs.

He's talking about the achievement called "The Bog" which requires the player to complete both "The Bog" and "Warpig" missions in order to unlock it. It's worth 40gs. Save the Bacon is obtainable on any difficulty and worth only 20gs.

I've done this on veteran as far as I can tell but the achievement has not unlocked. Is the War Pig mission that's need for this the one on The Bog level?