Quick question

AeroSpartacus

I was fairly interested in borderlands 2 when it came out, but figured I should probably play the first before I get the second. I know the games are pretty heavily focused on co-op play, but how is solo play? Also, is it possible to find randoms or do you need to co-op with existing friends? I'd rather play co-op with someone, but none of my friends that I know of have the first (a few have the 2nd). Or would it be better just to go straight to Borderlands 2 at this point?

Personally, I won't ever play any game with random players. With friends, there's never any argument on who gets what weapon or dumb shit like that. Plus, you know how they're going to act.

To me, BL 1 was easier in SP than 2 was. I played solo in 1 up to level 35 but co-op from then on, even in the DLC. 2 was a different story. Almost from the beginning, I needed help. Even with great weapons and in co-op, 2 isn't all that easy. 1 was really easy in co-op and with average weapons. So in that sense, 1 is a lot better and more fun than 2.

Of course, this is just my opinion. Someone will say they played 2 in SP, from start to finsh, with one hand on the controller and with one eye shut.

Just started a few hours ago for the same reason you want to play and it's amazing, only see myself joining co-op/online for the achievements really.

Just a question on the off-chance someone will answer it.

What level should I start the DLC, at roughly level 11 now, should I leave until later?

What level should I start the DLC, at roughly level 11 now, should I leave until later?

For me, I had to play the DLC as it came out. If I had all of them to play, personally I'd do the main game first, all the way to the end. Zombie Island was fun and so was Gen. Knoxx. Moxxie's DLC sucked bad. Clap Trap's was okay but too much on collecting.

Again, my opinion which doesn't amount to much...like most opinions.

I personally got BL1 with the GOTY edition so all the DLCs were already out. I can't say anything about solo since I played Co-op the entire time. As for starting the DLC, I started the first one (Zombie Island) right after I completed my first playthrough. It seemed like an appropriate time.

Also, BL1 really doesn't have much to do with BL2 other than introducing Pandora and the characters. Story wise, you don't need to play BL1.