Achievement Guide and Roadmap + Collectibles Guide

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab351/Killer_BEA/saintssavechristmas_zps70dccd25.png

Rights of use:

This guide is not to be copied or reproduced without the consent of the author KillerBEA, StayonTarget or a Site Admin.

There will be minor spoilers

Overview:

Estimated achievement difficulty: 2/10

Offline: 10 (100)

Online: 0 (0)

Approximate amount of time to 100: 3-4 hours

Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

Missable achievements: No, mission select.

Does difficulty affect achievements?: No

Glitchy achievements: No

Extra equipment needed?: No

Introduction:

Starting the DLC:

After installing the DLC, load up the game and access the mission menu on your cell phone to start the DLC mission. It will prompt you to go back to the ship, so go back and go downstairs to the blue waypoint. A cutscene will start and then the mission will start shortly thereafter. You will need to be at least through the main story mission ‘The Real World’ in order to play this DLC.

Mission 1:

(5 Letters to Santa, 4 Text Adventures)

You will spawn into Santa’s simulation, and will be asked to get a cap gun from the store. Take it and defeat the guards. Shoot the flying Sleigh and revive Santa to make him a homie. Santa will ask you ring the bells to bring back Christmas spirit, during this part you will come to the park where you will see a giant red present; run into to get it and an achievement. Then you need to get the projector to play a movie for more Christmas spirit. Go to the frozen pool and use stomp to break the ice and then use telekinesis to grab and carry the projector to the drive through. Defend CID, make your choices, and then turn the projector on. Then boss fight. Make sure to get the collectibles before finishing the boss.

During this mission you will get:

• Our Gift to You
  • …A Saint gets a gun

Mission 2: Fight Before Christmas

(3 Letters to Santa, 2 Holiday Text Adventures, 6 Snowman Vignette)

You start out on one of a road, follow the road to the town and go to the town square. Kill the enemies, then go to the big door (achievement opportunity) and you will be asked to disable the mechanical reindeer at each stable. Do that and then follow Twinkle to the packaging door. Make sure to get the snowman vignette's before entering the sorter. Disguise yourself as present and walk to the sorter. Clear the warehouse, get the shiny new toy and fight another boos fight. After that clear the rebellion and get in the sleigh. Mission end.

• How many licks does it take
  • Get that kid to a psychologist

Mission 3: The Santa Clawz

(2 Letters to Santa, 2 Holiday Text Adventures)

As soon as the mission starts head to the Zinyak statue for an achievement. Now go around flying to each of the 3 blue way points and give out coal and presents as needed to the marked houses. Then head for the final boss fight. After you land is your chance to get the 2 collectibles in this mission, so get them before proceeding with the fight. Light the holiday items, do the test of strength, throw gifts around at people and then at Clawz. Cutscene will start, that's the end of the mission.

• He is still on the naughty list
  • Dear Santa
  • A World Without Christmas
  • *beep* You Clawz

Cleanup:

Now that you're done with everything else, just go to the regular simulation do the 3 instances of Naught and Nice, and a Very Genki Holiday for these last 2 achievements.

• A Very Genki Holiday
  • Make a list, Check it Twice

Edited by KillerBEA

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2633/UFD-ukxs.jpg ...A Saint Gets a Gun 5:gsicon:

Ring all the bells in town in 'Miracle on 3rd Street'.

During the 1st mission, Miracle on 3rd street you will be asked to ring a bunch of bells, make sure to run into/shoot all 6 of them instead of pressing :ybut: to ring them. If you ring them with the button prompt it will end it early making you not get the achievement.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2633/UFD6-kK9.jpg How Many Licks Does it Take? 15:gsicon:

Lick the candy cane barricade all the way through in 'The Fight Before Christmas'.

During mission 2, The Fight Before Christmas, you will come to a courtyard with some errr... grotesque decorations and will attacked. Kill the attackers and you will see a door barred close by 2 candy canes up some stairs. Go to it and mash :ybut: until it clears. If you have one, you can use a turbo controller as well. Either way it will only take a few minutes.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2633/UFD4Oa4g.jpg Get that Kid to a Psychologist 5:gsicon:

Find all the snowmen vignettes in the North Pole.

There are 6 sets of snowmen with vignettes during the first part of the 2nd mission, The Fight Before Christmas. You just need to walk up to them and hear them say 1 thing and then you can leave.

Check this post for the locations of the Letters to Santa, Holiday Text Adventures and Snowman vignettes.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2633/UFD7+F8G.jpg Dear Santa 5:gsicon:

Find all the letters to Santa in the holiday missions.

Check this post for the locations of the Letters to Santa, Holiday Text Adventures and Snowman vignettes.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2633/45309453.jpg A World Without Christmas 5:gsicon:

Completed the holiday text adventure.

After getting all the text adventures make sure to play them all back on the ship. You play them on computer downstairs, which is in the same room as Pierce. Here are the answers for each text adventure.

1: Holidays Past and Present

Had Been Kidnapped

A Stranger Visitor Arrived One Day

Something Else

To Destroy the Holidays

2: The Rise of Clawz

Twinkle

The North Pole

The Flying Reindeer

A Renegade Elf

3: A Christmas Peril

The Production of Dangerous Toys

Anyone Who Was Sane

Eternal Torment and Pain

Turn Into His Special "Soldiers"

4: A Full-Fronted Assault

New Year's Eve

An Army of Children

A Rogue Elf

The Saints

5: Tinsel

Assemble The Crew

The Boss

But They Didn't

That Will Be Told In The Next Text Adventure Segment

6: Operation Holiday Hustle

Hitting Enough People With It

Cropdusting!

Clawz's Forces Attacked Us

Clawz Won

7: Last Ditch Effort

The task Master Twinkle

Lead a Worker Uprising

Taking Out Twinkle

Zinyak's Time Machine

8: The Future

The Museum Was Closed For The Holidays

Johnny's

Kinzie's

My Place

The Door Opened!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2633/45309455.jpg Our Gift to You 25:gsicon:

Found the present in a holiday mission

During the first mission, Miracle on 3rd Street, you will be tasked with ringing some bells to generate some holiday spirit. You will start near a park, go there and there will be a barren looking Christmas tree. Run up to it and grab the present by running into it and this will unlock.

http://i.imgur.com/k90eXrA.jpg

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2633/45309456.jpg He's Still on the Naughty List 5:gsicon:

Delivered a present to Zinyak in 'The Santa Clawz'.

During the part of the finalmission when you're flying around shooting presents, go to the star shaped island at the bottom of the map and shoot a present at the statue's outstretched hand.

Video demonstration courtesy of WOLRDEATER

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDgueU5XAtI]Saints Row IV - He's Still on the Naughty List Achievement / Trophy Guide - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2633/45309454.jpg *BEEP* YOU, CLAWZ! 15:gsicon:

Completed all three missions.

Just complete all 5 story missions for the How The Saints Saved Christmas DLC. The missions in order are:

1. Miracle on 3rd Street
  2. Fight Before Christmas
  3. The Santa Clawz

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2633/UFD6EOw3.jpg A Very Genki Holiday 10:gsicon:

Complete all instances of Genki Holiday.

Genki Holiday is basically the same thing as Genki's Mind over Murder from the main game, except with a winter holidays skin. You throw Christmas trees(red), Menorahs (blue), and Giant ginger bread men(green) using telekinesis through their respectively colored moving rings. On EASY this should not pose any real problems as you just need to get bronze to get credit for the activity. You just need to get bronze in all 3 instances of Genki Holiday.

The easy instance is in Burns Hill, medium in Rosen Oaks, and the hard instance is in Sunset Park.

Say you are working through the instances of Genki Holiday, and you have 2/3 done, and before you start the 3rd one a friend joins your game and helps you finish the last one. He will get the achievement when you do, it will count as him completing all 3 instances since he joined your game and did the last one with you.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2633/UFD7Hrou.jpg Make a List, Check it Twice 10:gsicon:

Complete all instances of Naughty and Nice.

This is almost exactly the same as the the beginning part of the third mission and is a Santa's Sleigh version of UFO Mayhem. You need to fly around in Santa's sleigh delivering presents to the people on the nice list and coal to those on the bad list. The only major difference between the activity and the mission is that houses on the good list only take one present, this makes it easier to keep a combo going so you can score better more easily. Like Genki holiday, you just need a bare minimum of a bronze on all instances in order to get the achievement.

The easy instance is in The Rosen Oaks Neighborhood, Medium in Brickston, and The hard one is in Yearwood.

Say you are working through the instances of Naughty and Nice, and you have 2/3 done, and before you start the 3rd one a friend joins your game and helps you finish the last one. He will get the achievement when you do, it will count as him completing all 3 instances since he joined your game and did the last one with you.

Edited by KillerBEA

Collectibles Guide:

Credit goes to Luckerstomp, MADCV and JuSt BLaZe

Mission 1:

Text Adventures:

1. On top the building/store where you get the cap gun (Crimson Cowboy)!
  2. Next to the frozen pool (break with stomp power), in between some gift boxes!
  3. On top of the building you put the projector at! (at the drive-in theater)
  4. On top of the clock-tower where you have to protect and help CID with the antenna.

Letters to Santa

1. On the stage right in front and a little to the left of you as you spawn.
  2. On top of the theater screen.
  3. On the stage CID is behind while you are protecting him.
  4. On the face of the building you were protecting CID at. Basically right above #3.
  5. It is on a building in the area you break the frozen pool on mission 1. I believe the one farthest from the park

Mission 2:

Text Adventures

1. In the stables located on the east side, on the second floor.
  2. After the present sorter (disguised as a gift box) when you enter the workshop, turn around and go to the back room, it's on the right side.

Letters to Santa

1. Right as you enter the town jump on the building to your right, keep going east on the rooftops and you will find it.
  2. When you enter packaging (where you disguise yourself as a present) turn left right as you come in the door.
  3. In Santa's office (where you get the Xmas dubstep gun)

Snowman Vignettes:

• Turn right from the town entrance and head away from the town a little to see a the Brave heart Snowman sitting by a fire on a frozen pond.
  • Near where you find the Letter to Santa that is outside you'll also find a Suicidal Snowman Vignette.
  • High jump off that roof and head north two streets and you'll come across a Beer Garden with some Drunk Snowmen.
  • Next one is a snowman lifting weights across the street from the drunk snowmen.
  • From the Candy Cane barricade go right til you are at the front of the house near Santa's Sleigh Jump is a lonely 2-Headed Snowman who just wants to play.
  • From the entrance, head left and you will see a stable, go the far left of the stable, then head north. Just past the first house turn right and you will see a 3 snowman human centipede.

Mission 3:

Text Adventures

1. When you need to light the symbols with your power it's on top of the medium-sized skyscraper directly north of the Santa's Grotto (where the test of might thing is). The skyscraper is directly behind the little building with the red bell and sign on it which says "The Simulation Remains Strong"! Simply turn left when you face the second candle that you have to light up.
  2. Can't be missed, is given automatically after you've completed the final mission, The Santa Clawz!

Letters to Santa

1. After landing there is a building in front and to the right of you that will have a letter waiting for you on the front porch.
  2. Can't be missed, is given automatically after you've completed the final mission, The Santa Clawz!

Video Guides:

Santa Letters courtesy of Jake317

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj4HyPViVa0]Saints Row IV - Dear Santa Achievement Guide - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by KillerBEA

Hey guys, just thought I'd chime in with vague location details for the 6 Snowmen Vignettes ( or scenes... )

So...pretending we just started the mission:

1) where you find the Text Adventure ( ie: a couple of rooftops to the right of the entrance ) you'll also find a Suicidal Snowman Vignette.

2) high jump off that roof and head north two streets and you'll come across a Beer Garden with some Drunk Snowmen.

3) walk down the small stairs from the beer garden and up that street a few steps is a little lane with a Gym Junkie Snowman

4) from the entrance, far right, across a little further from the Suicidal Snowman, ( and a little bit south in front of the house near Santa's Sleigh Jump ) is a lonely 2-Headed Snowman who just wants to play.

5) from the entrance, high jump up and look right to see a the Braveheart Snowman sitting by a fire on a frozen pond.

6) finally, from the entrance, just north one house behind the far left Stable, you'll find the Human Centipede Snowmen.

Hope this helps. I was bored of walking around trying to find them.

I'd get screen caps if I knew how but if you do everything from the entrance in big jumps it doesn't take long at all.

Edited by MADCV

Here are 2 videos for "He's Still on the Naughty List" and "Our Gift to You". You can use it in the guide if you wish. I do hope these help some people get the achievements.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDgueU5XAtI&feature=c4-overview&list=UUSwvyY9KZ6l9jbueg-xC_1A]Saints Row IV - He's Still on the Naughty List Achievement / Trophy Guide - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh6pQFjqXBc&feature=c4-overview&list=UUSwvyY9KZ6l9jbueg-xC_1A]Saints Row IV - Our Gift to You Achievement / Trophy Guide - YouTube[/ame]

I need to warn you guys about the Genki Holiday activity, specifically on Easy and Hard. For some reason, every so often during the Easy one, the candles or trees will become unusable, as if the objects have no way to interact with them. It usually occurs when there's too much going on at once, so keep the enemies constantly cleared from the area (save for whichever one you use to throw through the green rings). If it happens, you must restart the activity.

On Hard, however, I've found that it happens every single time I reach the second location. It doesn't matter if I start with any specific object. As soon as I try to use the trees or candles, after one or two rings, they always glitch out. I have yet to find a way around this, but I'll keep trying and update if I find anything.

I've also informed Volition via Twitter (@DSVolition) about the problems, with picture evidence to go with it. (The tweets were through the account I use for my new website, you can see the tweets at @RambleOnFolks or with enough searching through the Volition feed). So, if anyone else has that issue, let them know. No clue if it will help, but at least it's worth a shot.

If anyone knows of a fix for this, please let me know. =

Edit: So, after some more attempts, I figured out a solution. Turn off the console for a fresh start, turn it on again, start up the game, and get back to the instance. Once you reach the second location, every time you pick something up with Telekinesis, DO NOT MOVE. Only ever turn on the spot with the right stick. Never use the left. Doing that, I got the achievement on my first try. So it may be that the reset solved it, it may be that moving while holding an object just causes some weird bug, and avoiding full movement is the workaround. Either way, I think it's worth noting in case others have issues with it.

Edited by Ravenhood
Discovered workaround

• 2 weeks later...

I encountered a similar problem for the achievement list: three achievements can not be saved as checked, Zero Saints Thirty, Bouncin' with an Old Friend and A World Without Christmas.

They always remain in the unchecked state, even if I have tried to uncheck then check and save the whole list, disable then enable the list, and log-out/log-in.

Please fix this. Thanks in advance.

I encountered a similar problem for the achievement list: three achievements can not be saved as checked, Zero Saints Thirty, Bouncin' with an Old Friend and A World Without Christmas.

They always remain in the unchecked state, even if I have tried to uncheck then check and save the whole list, disable then enable the list, and log-out/log-in.

Please fix this. Thanks in advance.

Check out this thread for a walkthrough of how to manage your checklists. You need to delete this one (not just disable it) and then re-enable it and re-check off the achievements.

Has anyone found a fix for the Holiday Text Adventure achievement not unlocking? I've collected them all, they've all disappeared from the map but on the ship only 6 are showing up. I've completed the DLC, replayed and looked for them. My last play through was showing like 11/8 collectibles and whatnot but I can't get it to pop.

Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member Corrupt x360a and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Saints Row 4 / DLC: How the Saints Save Christmas Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...