Bad achievements, great tracking.

Sizzy

First let me say that achievements that make you play a whole game a certain way are just bad well not bad but fun for some people but not everyone sometimes. They shouldn't exist unless someone wants them to exist because nobody is the same. They take the fun out of the game by forcing the player to play a certain way that isn't 100% natural to any player except for some players it will be natural and fun.

But I have played many games like this. One in recent memory was Deus Ex. It was an alright game, but with bugs and the like, and poor tracking, I ended with 900/1000 playing a way I didn't want to play because an enemy spawned on a corpse somewhere earlier in the level and pulled an alarm that never went off near me. I couldn't play through that game the same way again.

And what made it worse is that to check if you have done the mission or area correctly, it would just splash 14 lines of text on your screen that seem to stay for about 1 second listing everything you did.

I really love the end mission screen on this. It makes these achievements a little easier to keep track of.

Edited by Sizzy

I get what you are saying but personally i dont mind too much the achievements which require multiple playthroughs in different ways. It makes the game last longer and can keep it from getting too repetitive. I used to suck at stealth and would avoid stealth sections and just run and gun but due to there being achievements i started giving stealth a go and while i am still not great i am getting bettet and managing to get through this (with a little help from the guide) and i really enjoy it now.

Totally agree with the tracking, this game isnt too bad, the end screen is quite helpful. Deus ex was awful. Brilliant game but you could have to do the entire game again for one missed kill at the start.

I know right. It's like Horizon 2 forcing me to constantly drive around in a car. What if I want to run around for a bit.

Lol.

Despite my snide comment I do see his point. I played both games and despite my natural stealth habits in any game where you can be stealthy, I had issues with both those achievements. I don't think I unlocked either and I couldn't be bothered for another playthrough.

First let me say that achievements that make you play a whole game a certain way are just bad. They shouldn't exist.

No they aren't, and there should be more stealth games with achievements like this.

They take the fun out of the game by forcing the player to play a certain way that isn't 100% natural to any player.

I kinda rock at stealth games, so both Dishonored and Deus Ex were fun and 100% natural to me. :/

Dishonored is one of my favorite and proudest completions. It's like Dark Souls, in a way, that it's hard to a certain degree and makes you feel proud when you beat it. I'm glad I got 100% in Dishonored and would love to play a sequel. Not to mention that all the gameplay mechanics were tight and the game played like a greased cog. Perfectly fun and awesome.

Other than Deus Ex, i never played stealth games but i am loving being a ninja. I am totally looking forward to starting again and killing everyone to get those achievements but there is a lot of satisfaction in figuring out the way to complete the objectives without alerting or killing anyone.

I want a sequel to this as well. This is the game that got me off gta online. For a bit.

Heaven forbid stealth games offering achievements for playing like a ninja...

Heaven forbid stealth games forcing you to not buy and skills, not kill anyone, not be seen by anyone and not play a way natural to you. You can't use skills, can't use 95% of weapons, you can't use most of the surprise attacks. Why be rude and sarcastic for no reason?

This is xboxachievements. And these achievements force you to play one way or the other. As stated above why. If you can't understand that, then I can't say anything else to you to offer an explanation of why.

Other than Deus Ex, i never played stealth games but i am loving being a ninja. I am totally looking forward to starting again and killing everyone to get those achievements but there is a lot of satisfaction in figuring out the way to complete the objectives without alerting or killing anyone.

I want a sequel to this as well. This is the game that got me off gta online. For a bit.

It's fun, but not being able to kill people, use any of the skills, use no weapons aside from crossbow sleep darts take a lot of the game away, right? That was the only point I brought up.

Dues Ex was fun, but it had a lot of bugs, and 900/1000 is sad when you played stealthy all game and didn't kill anyone. There is an event in the game where alarms go off no matter what and enemies come. It alerts the whole building which is a very large area. Enemies spawn and can see corpses and then you are found out, having already been "found out".

I know right. It's like Horizon 2 forcing me to constantly drive around in a car. What if I want to run around for a bit.

Can you get out of your car and run around in Horizon 2?

Because you can choose to use close range combat and medium range guns in this game. Those aren't stealthy if you choose to do them. And there are even achievement for doing so.

No they aren't, and there should be more stealth games with achievements like this.

I kinda rock at stealth games, so both Dishonored and Deus Ex were fun and 100% natural to me. :/

Playing two playthroughs of a game you do 100% of everything in the first time is natural to you? Well it's not to me. I barely have enough time to play two chapters of this game a day while going stealth and not killing anyone. It takes forever. Same with Deus Ex.

Achievements should not dictate how a player plays a COMPLETE game. They should be something you go out of your way for, not your week. You should not have to play a game 3 times because you are a completionist. Because any playthroughs after will be rushed and less fun anyway. Nothing is as fun as it is the first time.

They should be storyline and extra things you can choose to do, making up as much content as the creator wants, as long is it is new. I have 110k achievement points, I stick mainly to RPGs, games that can take 200 hours to complete. There is nothing fun about that when there are games out there that take 3 hours to complete and give the same thing.

Dishonored is one of my favorite and proudest completions. It's like Dark Souls, in a way, that it's hard to a certain degree and makes you feel proud when you beat it. I'm glad I got 100% in Dishonored and would love to play a sequel. Not to mention that all the gameplay mechanics were tight and the game played like a greased cog. Perfectly fun and awesome.

Yes, the game plays fine and is great. But it will not be fun a second time around and is not as fun as it could be the first time around.

Mine would be Vesperia. The guide on here says it's 110-130, but that's probably not true. Not to mention you will not get every achievement without using a guide to find every random event and title even in the game.

It says star ocean is 250+ when I have heard of the quickest people can do it being 500 hours. The slowest being over 1,000.

Games like this stop being fun after a certain point. They stop being fun for me when I have to use a guide to make sure not to miss something or do a series of event correctly. Games used to be about chilling and grinding levels and doing what you wanted when you wanted, for me. Not anymore.

Edited by Kairi
Double Post

Heaven forbid stealth games forcing you to not buy and skills, not kill anyone, not be seen by anyone and not play a way natural to you. You can't use skills, can't use 95% of weapons, you can't use most of the surprise attacks. Why be rude and sarcastic for no reason?

This is xboxachievements. And these achievements force you to play one way or the other. As stated above why. If you can't understand that, then I can't say anything else to you to offer an explanation of why.

It's fun, but not being able to kill people, use any of the skills, use no weapons aside from crossbow sleep darts take a lot of the game away, right? That was the only point I brought up.

Dues Ex was fun, but it had a lot of bugs, and 900/1000 is sad when you played stealthy all game and didn't kill anyone. There is an event in the game where alarms go off no matter what and enemies come. It alerts the whole building which is a very large area. Enemies spawn and can see corpses and then you are found out, having already been "found out".

Can you get out of your car and run around in Horizon 2?

Because you can choose to use close range combat and medium range guns in this game. Those aren't stealthy if you choose to do them. And there are even achievement for doing so.

Don't go for that achievement then. Pretty simple.

Don't go for that achievement then. Pretty simple.

This site is here for people who want to get achievements. I like completing a game. I can't have dislike something that requires 2+ playthroughs of a game that dictate how you play if you want it?

The magic thing here is yes, I don't have to do that, but I am on a site about achievements. Meaning I like getting them. But my point is that they do not have to be this way, and your argument is that they do?

I hope you achieve what you want walking around on Horizon 2 and being rude to those who have a different opinion than yours. Many people get far in life doing so in this day and age.

Technically just about every game has an achievement that requires you to play a certain way.

Get x kills with a particular weapon or weapon type. What if you don't like that weapon?

Complete a romance with a character. What if you don't like any of the characters?

Complete all side quests or find all collectibles. What if they're boring to you and you're not naturally inclined to be thorough?

Complete the majority of the game with x squad member. What if you don't find that person useful?

Some of those are shorter than what you're talking about and some of them are longer. But in one form or another there are achievements like that, achievements that require you to play a certain way, in a huge number of games.

Technically just about every game has an achievement that requires you to play a certain way.

Get x kills with a particular weapon or weapon type. What if you don't like that weapon?

Complete a romance with a character. What if you don't like any of the characters?

Complete all side quests or find all collectibles. What if they're boring to you and you're not naturally inclined to be thorough?

Complete the majority of the game with x squad member. What if you don't find that person useful?

Some of those are shorter than what you're talking about and some of them are longer. But in one form or another there are achievements like that, achievements that require you to play a certain way, in a huge number of games.

Yes, indeed. But something that takes 5 minutes compared to something that takes 20 hours, isn't really comparable, correct? Or play the game this way and THEN play the game that way. With minor dialogue changes and no new areas.

Something you can do along the way is much different than something that requires you to finish while playing a certain way the whole time. And it really doesn't need to be this way. Achievements are and always have been a way for SOME game creators to push more play of a game without anything new happening. And after a while, it all gets boring.

Alright, here's the deal:

Good developers don't program games with achievements or achievement hunters in mind.

They develop a game then, when its finished, they come up with a list that they think best enhances the experience of the game and creates a certain replay factor. Not all studios are good at this. Personally I think Arkane did a good job with this list. The game is, in the end, pretty linear. But playing it in different ways gives a sense of variety. The achievement list was created to encourage this.

You have to remember that most gamers aren't achievement hunters. The traffic on this site, and others like it, represent a minority of gamers. Not all gamers rush through a game trying to get every achievement as quickly as possible. Many gamers spend months with a game, exploring as many of the options as possible.

A good developer programs for the players that are going to make multiple runs through a game no matter what the achievement list looks like. They create the lists for these players. Arkane did a spectacular job of creating a list for these gamers.

You ignored my second post where I acknowledge that you have a point to some extent. But the problem isn't with the list or the requirements for the achievements you hate. Its the fact that one little mistake, that can be beyond your control, can screw an entire run up. However, that is something that actually gives added value for non achievement hunters. Who, again, make up most of the population.

You have to understand that your complaints come off as slightly ignorant and extremely entitled. Don't be surprised when people respond with some good natured mocking. Would most people on this site like every game to have a list that only requires one playthrough over the course of a day or so to complete? Yeah. Is that going to happen? Rofl. No. That would be terrible for the industry and the achievement system. To be blind to these facts and to complain when things don't conform to your desires is childish.

You said you play a lot of RPGs. Well, a lot of gamers and achievement hunters hate many of the "grind for the sake of grinding" achievements that are associated with those games. You know what they do? They don't play the game or they ignore the achievement. The mature, informed ones don't come on forums blasting the game and developer for doing something that they don't like.

Edited by bigbear.

Alright, here's the deal:

Good developers don't program games with achievements or achievement hunters in mind.

They develop a game then, when its finished, they come up with a list that they think best enhances the experience of the game and creates a certain replay factor. Not all studios are good at this. Personally I think Arkane did a good job with this list. The game is, in the end, pretty linear. But playing it in different ways gives a sense of variety. The achievement list was created to encourage this.

You have to remember that most gamers aren't achievement hunters. The traffic on this site, and others like it, represent a minority of gamers. Not all gamers rush through a game trying to get every achievement as quickly as possible. Many gamers spend months with a game, exploring as many of the options as possible.

A good developer programs for the players that are going to make multiple runs through a game no matter what the achievement list looks like. They create the lists for these players. Arkane did a spectacular job of creating a list for these gamers.

You ignored my second post where I acknowledge that you have a point to some extent. But the problem isn't with the list or the requirements for the achievements you hate. Its the fact that one little mistake, that can be beyond your control, can screw an entire run up. However, that is something that actually gives added value for non achievement hunters. Who, again, make up most of the population.

You have to understand that your complaints come off as slightly ignorant and extremely entitled. Don't be surprised when people respond with some good natured mocking. Would most people on this site like every game to have a list that only requires one playthrough over the course of a day or so to complete? Yeah. Is that going to happen? Rofl. No. That would be terrible for the industry and the achievement system. To be blind to these facts and to complain when things don't conform to your desires is childish.

You said you play a lot of RPGs. Well, a lot of gamers and achievement hunters hate many of the "grind for the sake of grinding" achievements that are associated with those games. You know what they do? They don't play the game or they ignore the achievement. The mature, informed ones don't come on forums blasting the game and developer for doing something that they don't like.

I ignored your second post or second part of it because I am responding to several people, alone. As for people not playing games they don't like, I like all games. I'm not allowed to dislike certain achievements?

And for what I feel like commenting on, I don't blast game developers. I said I hated achievements like this.

Anyway, you seem to think this is the only way to do things, so there is no reason for us to communicate further.

I love the game, it is fun. The achievements are not.

Edited by Sizzy

Gotta love someone who makes post after post of close minded, selfish rants then tells the people pointing this out to him that they "seem to think there is only one way to do things".

The lack of self awareness is astounding.

:rolleyes:

The entire premise of your thread is "I don't like it so it shouldn't exist because only my opinion matters". You lash out at anyone that points out the problem with that thought process. And we are the ones who "seem to think there is only one way to do things?"

People like you make the baby Francis cry.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/images/smilies/francis.gifhttp://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/images/smilies/francis.gifhttp://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/images/smilies/francis.gifhttp://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/images/smilies/francis.gifhttp://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/images/smilies/francis.gifhttp://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/images/smilies/francis.gifhttp://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/images/smilies/francis.gifhttp://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/images/smilies/francis.gifhttp://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/images/smilies/francis.gifhttp://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/images/smilies/francis.gif

Edited by bigbear.

Yes, the game plays fine and is great. But it will not be fun a second time around and is not as fun as it could be the first time around.

I'm also an RPG whore, and have selected just this response to me because there's so much else I don't want to spend time responding to. I played the game three times start to finish and had a blast. I disagree that it was not as fun as the first time, because I had a great time every playthrough. Almost as if different gamers have different preferences. Just like you, I had an amazing time grinding out games like the Tales series (Vesperia being the only one on Xbox, but I own them all, starting at Phantasia on the SNES), Star Ocean, etc. Edit: Star Ocean II is actually my most played game of all time, with 19 start-to-finish completions.

Different strokes for different folks. I believe this thread can be left at that.

Edited by Floyd.

Playing two playthroughs of a game you do 100% of everything in the first time is natural to you? Well it's not to me. I barely have enough time to play two chapters of this game a day while going stealth and not killing anyone. It takes forever. Same with Deus Ex.

Achievements should not dictate how a player plays a COMPLETE game. They should be something you go out of your way for, not your week. You should not have to play a game 3 times because you are a completionist. Because any playthroughs after will be rushed and less fun anyway. Nothing is as fun as it is the first time.

They should be storyline and extra things you can choose to do, making up as much content as the creator wants, as long is it is new. I have 110k achievement points, I stick mainly to RPGs, games that can take 200 hours to complete. There is nothing fun about that when there are games out there that take 3 hours to complete and give the same thing.

So what you're saying is that you'd prefer game developer keep you in mind when designing the game and its achievements so that everything can be obtained according to your schedule.

BigBear's right, you're being an entitled child here.

And the achievements aren't dictating how you have to play the game, they're telling you how to play it if you want the achievement.

You do not have to play in any particular way to simply complete the game. Go ahead and try. You can mix up your playstyle however you want and the credits will inevitably roll at the end, game complete.

And to answer your first question, yes, 2 playthroughs is not an outlandish thing to ask to complete an achievement list. I just recently completed Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen and Escape Dead Island both of which had an achievement for completing New Game+. I thought nothing of it when I completed each of them again in a short time.

Inevitably you were going to have to play Dishonored twice anyway since you can't get both a High Chaos and Low Chaos ending in the same playthrough. You can also combine the achievements to minimize playthroughs. The Clean Hands/Ghost/Mostly Flesh and Steel run is farking oresum, by the by, but I digress...

Anyway, it sounds to me like you need to research the achievement list a little better before playing a game rather than bitching that it wasn't designed properly for you.

It's a sad day when people consider achievements to be the only factor in how the should play the game.

Jack Frost summed up what I could have added to this discussion, so I'll leave it at that and add a small note that games usually require two playthroughs anyways so why is this any different when discussing Dishonored?

Gotta love someone who makes post after post of close minded, selfish rants then tells the people pointing this out to him that they "seem to think there is only one way to do things".

The lack of self awareness is astounding.

The entire premise of your thread is "I don't like it so it shouldn't exist because only my opinion matters". You lash out at anyone that points out the problem with that thought process. And we are the ones who "seem to think there is only one way to do things?"

People like you make the baby Francis cry.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/images/smilies/francis.gifhttp://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/images/smilies/francis.gifhttp://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/images/smilies/francis.gifhttp://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/images/smilies/francis.gifhttp://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/images/smilies/francis.gifhttp://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/images/smilies/francis.gifhttp://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/images/smilies/francis.gifhttp://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/images/smilies/francis.gifhttp://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/images/smilies/francis.gifhttp://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/images/smilies/francis.gif

I am not allowed to dislike achievements in your eyes. I have played many games like this, and you think it's going to be fun for everyone with every game. It's not. You are doing the same thing I am, you're no better. In fact you're worse for only trying to insult me with every post. Which is another reason you're not worth talking to.

It's a sad day when people consider achievements to be the only factor in how the should play the game.

Jack Frost summed up what I could have added to this discussion, so I'll leave it at that and add a small note that games usually require two playthroughs anyways so why is this any different when discussing Dishonored?

This site is named xboxachievements. I made a thread only about the achievements. I have said many times the game is fine and fun. People seem to only want to insult me about it, and no I am not really including you in that.

So what you're saying is that you'd prefer game developer keep you in mind when designing the game and its achievements so that everything can be obtained according to your schedule.

BigBear's right, you're being an entitled child here.

And the achievements aren't dictating how you have to play the game, they're telling you how to play it if you want the achievement.

You do not have to play in any particular way to simply complete the game. Go ahead and try. You can mix up your playstyle however you want and the credits will inevitably roll at the end, game complete.

And to answer your first question, yes, 2 playthroughs is not an outlandish thing to ask to complete an achievement list. I just recently completed Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen and Escape Dead Island both of which had an achievement for completing New Game+. I thought nothing of it when I completed each of them again in a short time.

Inevitably you were going to have to play Dishonored twice anyway since you can't get both a High Chaos and Low Chaos ending in the same playthrough. You can also combine the achievements to minimize playthroughs. The Clean Hands/Ghost/Mostly Flesh and Steel run is farking oresum, by the by, but I digress...

Anyway, it sounds to me like you need to research the achievement list a little better before playing a game rather than bitching that it wasn't designed properly for you.

No, I would like the game developer to keep in mind not everyone has a lot of time in each day. And that achievements, multiple ones in a game that require a full playthrough takes time. It's obvious you're only here to insult me, so why bother? I'm going to take anything you say with a grain of salt.

The only issue here is I don't find it fun having any games that require many playthroughs, and you will find it fun each time with hundreds of games. I don't. I'm not allowed to share my opinion, but you're allowed to share yours?

Spending 10 more hours on a game you completed everything, explored everywhere, just to do the game the same way by killing a few people, with nothing new happening, is awesome to you?

I'm also an RPG whore, and have selected just this response to me because there's so much else I don't want to spend time responding to. I played the game three times start to finish and had a blast. I disagree that it was not as fun as the first time, because I had a great time every playthrough. Almost as if different gamers have different preferences. Just like you, I had an amazing time grinding out games like the Tales series (Vesperia being the only one on Xbox, but I own them all, starting at Phantasia on the SNES), Star Ocean, etc. Edit: Star Ocean II is actually my most played game of all time, with 19 start-to-finish completions.

Different strokes for different folks. I believe this thread can be left at that.

Yes, I guess it should have. it's a shame so many are quick to insult. Internet culture I guess. And a lack of being able to do it in real life leaves people wanting to do so online? I don't see why people would want to be sarcastic and assholeish anyway.

I finished Star Ocean once, there was no point to go any further. I got max level, trophy % included and there was just no point in doing tens of thousands of more battled. I'm sure I put in over 100 hours in it. I completed all the content minus the trophies.

Edited by Sizzy

I am not allowed to dislike achievements in your eyes. I have played many games like this, and you think it's going to be fun for everyone with every game. It's not. You are doing the same thing I am, you're no better. In fact you're worse for only trying to insult me with every post. Which is another reason you're not worth talking to.

I never once said you can't dislike them. I never once said its fun for everyone. I told you that developers don't program with the minority in mind. I told you that the attitude "I don't like it so it shouldn't exist" (which is how you essentially phrased your first post) is childish and narrow minded.

Don't try to call the kettle black when its a red plate.

Edited by bigbear.

This site is names xboxachievements. I made a thread only about the achievements. I have said many times the game is fine and fun.

While I do see what you're saying in this topic you do pretty much state your opinion as fact. You also do make it sound like someone is forcing you to get the achievements when the only person doing so is you. Because of both of those things you will get some of the responses you've gotten so far, anyone would.

And I'm sorry but I would have to ask, if he's not worth talking to why do you keep responding to him?

No, I would like the game developer to keep in mind not everyone has a lot of time in each day. And that achievements, multiple ones in a game that require a full playthrough takes time. It's obvious you're only here to insult me, so why bother? I'm going to take anything you say with a grain of salt.

The only issue here is I don't find it fun having any games that require many playthroughs, and you will find it fun each time with hundreds of games. I don't. I'm not allowed to share my opinion, but you're allowed to share yours?

Spending 10 more hours on a game you completed everything, explored everywhere, just to do the game the same way by killing a few people, with nothing new happening, is awesome to you?

Yes, I guess it should have. it's a shame so many are quick to insult. Internet culture I guess. And a lack of being able to do it in real life leaves people wanting to do so online? I don't see why people would want to be sarcastic and assholeish anyway.

I finished Star Ocean once, there was no point to go any further. I got max level, trophy % included and there was just no point in doing tens of thousands of more battled.

Uh yeah, this is why you're getting some of the responses you are. You state you want the game developer to keep in mind not everyone has a lot of time each day. Basically you're wanting them to cater how they make the game to suit your play style. You're not directly saying that but you are indirectly saying that. Both of you are allowed to share your opinion of course, it's when you present your opinion as fact, and worse, state your opinion as fact in such a way you expect others, such as the game developers, to either share your opinion or change the way they do things because of just your opinion that is going to get you, or anyone else, called out for acting like an entitled gamer.

My opinion is fact for me, so of course I would state it as such. For me, it is in fact, less fun and fun with each playthrough. When you consider there are hundreds of good games out there, how long do you expect to play games for?

As for being forced to get the achievements, many people do feel that way. An interest in something is what brought us all here. Well, some came here just to insult others it seems.

I have stated nothing but my opinion and saying that there is little reason for it to be this way. Because there is nothing new experienced by doing it this way, right?

So by stating my opinion, I should be prepared for people to be mean, because anyone would be mean?

Fact and opinion are not the same thing, never have been and never will be. They may be to you but most people realize there's a difference and you're stating it as fact in such a way you expect others to fall in line and just agree with you. Facts are facts, rain is wet, dry concrete is hard, etc. An opinion is never a fact no matter what and should never be presented that way. Otherwise you get the responses you've received in this topic.

The difference is I can say a particular month's GWG are shit and demand better. That presents my opinion as fact and clearly states each month should be perfectly catered to my desires. I'm sure that's probably not what how you're trying to present your case. After all, disagreeing is their right. Though personally I would never actually say that

Edited by BooneJusticius

While I do see what you're saying in this topic you do pretty much state your opinion as fact. You also do make it sound like someone is forcing you to get the achievements when the only person doing so is you. Because of both of those things you will get some of the responses you've gotten so far, anyone would.

And I'm sorry but I would have to ask, if he's not worth talking to why do you keep responding to him?

My opinion is fact for me, so of course I would state it as such. For me, it is in fact, less fun and fun with each playthrough. When you consider there are hundreds of good games out there, how long do you expect to play games for?

As for being forced to get the achievements, many people do feel that way. An interest in something is what brought us all here. Well, some came here just to insult others it seems.

I have stated nothing but my opinion and saying that there is little reason for it to be this way. Because there is nothing new experienced by doing it this way, right?

So by stating my opinion, I should be prepared for people to be mean, because anyone would be mean?

I never once said you can't dislike them. I never once said its fun for everyone. I told you that developers don't program with the minority in mind. I told you that the attitude "I don't like it so it shouldn't exist" (which is how you essentially phrased your first post) is childish and narrow minded.

Don't try to call the kettle black when its a red plate.

My attitude is, I don't like it, it's not fun, why is it this way when it can be a different way which would preserve the fun of a game instead of creating a multiple playthrough system that adds nothing new. You have not responded to my first post in a long time, and the only reply to it was a sarcastic post containing one sentence.

I should now write my posts keeping in mine how you will read into it and respond to it? Well your witty one line retort did leave me wanting.

I changed my first post to better represent what you wanted it to be so you could feel more comfortable with it.

Edited by Sizzy

I finished Star Ocean once, there was no point to go any further. I got max level, trophy % included and there was just no point in doing tens of thousands of more battled. I'm sure I put in over 100 hours in it. I completed all the content minus the trophies.

From your post, I assume you speak of the Star Ocean on previous gen, the third instalment? The second one is easily the best, and the first one was good, but unless you get an emulator on the PC, will be impossible to find in English (literally). Might I recommend the second? You'd be amazed at how much secret stuff there is that can't even be seen without multiple playthroughs, but adds so much to the depth, not to mention that it starts with a choice of two different characters, changing both the way the story is told and how people can be recruited. There are around 16 characters, but only 8 can be recruited per playthrough, and they are restricted by things such as initial player choice, who else you have recruited, when you come across them, etc. It's pretty incredible.

Edit: Star Ocean is SNES, Star Ocean II is PS1. They were both remade for PSP (maybe Vita, as well?).