17 hours wasted...Trying to get the Giraffe on a Treadmill

QueenFragger000

Just an FYI, folks, if you're going for the Giraffe on a Treadmill pet, you have to get to wave 30 on any map in Survival.

Three friends and I just spent 17 hours straight and were on wave 27 when the hosts Xbox froze and we lost everything.

I'm still feeling like driving my car off a cliff today, but uh, during that process I disconnected twice and had to be reinvited and a couple of the other folks did too.

Seriously...how are you supposed to get this stupid pet if it takes so long that the Xbox freezes or lags out?

I'm so frustrated....:uzi:

I got mine on "Deeper Wells" on the easy difficulty starting on wave 8. It took 9 hours to do, but a couple of people were afk. At the start it was me and two guys. The host goes afk goes around wave 21 and then a fourth guy enters around wave 25. The guy does nothing for one wave and also goes afk. The host returns on wave 30, but just spins around doing nothing. The host got a giraffe with 17 upgrades, I got one with 28 upgrades, the other guy helping me got one with 33 upgrades, and I don't know about the random. I took a twenty minute break to get some sanity back though.

I just wish that the update for 25 waves for the giraffe would get to xbox already. I would have two giraffes by now if that was the case. Joined a game at the start of wave 21 on medium on ramparts. The guys had a perfect setup with the towers barely taking no damage. By wave 25 the enemies were around 24,000. I just gave up at that point.

The moral of this is to try it with people are committed to the goal of getting the giraffe. If you don't then the game will last a lot longer and will be more difficult with afk'ers.

I got mine in about 5 n a bit hours, not sure what map or set up you were using. The enemy counter maxes out at like, 9985 or something so the amount of players doesn't matter after like wave 21.

I don't like liars. My enemy count exceeded 12k at wave 23 on Labs, on medium difficulty. So that whole statement is bullshit.

I just wish that the update for 25 waves for the giraffe would get to xbox already. I would have two giraffes by now if that was the case. Joined a game at the start of wave 21 on medium on ramparts. The guys had a perfect setup with the towers barely taking no damage. By wave 25 the enemies were around 24,000. I just gave up at that point.

The post above me also invalidates your claim of enemies maxing out. ^

Edited by 13ip0lar

There is only one solution: A modded weapon that one-shots everything on the map! Jk, but seriously though. Why even try for a giraffe on easy, the stats would suck, would they not? You're better off just wasting your entire day playing Hard/Insane Survival on Deeper Well/Ramparts for it.

Tbh though, maybe easy is the best difficulty. Maybe your Xbox freezes up simply because of the sheer amount of enemies and stuff on the screen?

Edited by KoA CHOS3NxONE

There is only one solution: A modded weapon that one-shots everything on the map! Jk, but seriously though. Why even try for a giraffe on easy, the stats would suck, would they not? You're better off just wasting your entire day playing Hard/Insane Survival on Deeper Well/Ramparts for it.

Tbh though, maybe easy is the best difficulty. Maybe your Xbox freezes up simply because of the sheer amount of enemies and stuff on the screen?

Actually the stats were quite decent. Five out of the eight stats had 20+ on them and the rest were 10+. I might post the stats later for it.

I don't like liars. My enemy count exceeded 12k at wave 23 on Labs, on medium difficulty. So that whole statement is bullshit.

The post above me also invalidates your claim of enemies maxing out. ^

I don't need to lie, I did this with two people and it maxed out at 9985. I haven't done it with any other amount of players so it was an assumption.

My set up was just spawn rape enemies on Deeper Dungeons, it was on medium and it was with a friend. I watched the set up and made repairs where necessary. My friend sat in the middle constantly spinning and firing with a crystal tracker. We were one of the first people to do it legit and ended up with rank 7 and 9 on survival medium Deeper Dungeons.

This wasn't modded before you try to accuse me of something else, I had a pure tower build for my stats and invested over 8m into my armor set up for towers.

Edited by The Reaper0

Yeah, I guess once I calm down over the whole debacle, I'll try again on solo. People seem to think that will take less time....

But seventeen hours? Are the devs insane? The Xbox can't function for that long without freezing lol

I can also vouch that the enemy count goes WAY beyond the 9K mentioned above. In wave 27 with 2 players in the room (cause people lagged out and quit) on Foundaries and Forges, we were at 29k enemies. Granted, everytime someone would leave, the count would go down slightly. For example, if with three people its at 25K and one of them leaves, during the next round, the total count would be like 21K.

Edited by QueenFragger000

Here is what I think about the number count for survival. With the "Deeper Well" the number count for enemies is a bit less then 10k on at least easy. The number might stay the same with higher difficulties on that stage. (This is based on the previous posts.) The number of enemies never increased when a fourth person joined my game on "Deeper Well". (This is when the enemies are maxed out.) With higher levels I believe that the number count increases. The number count for "Ramparts" was actually around 24,500 enemies on wave 25 when I did it on medium. I don't know if the number count has a maximum as well for the other stages, but they probably do.

Edited by UnarmedReaper07

My set up was just spawn rape enemies on Deeper Dungeons, it was on medium and it was with a friend. I watched the set up and made repairs where necessary. My friend sat in the middle constantly spinning and firing with a crystal tracker. We were one of the first people to do it legit and ended up with rank 7 and 9 on survival medium Deeper Dungeons.

This wasn't modded before you try to accuse me of something else, I had a pure tower build for my stats and invested over 8m into my armor set up for towers.

Why do people need to brag, and then cover their ass at the same time? Good for you? I got third not too long ago on labs survival by getting to wave 23 on medium, not to mention #1 on insane on labs via the campaign. What's that prove? You know what you're talking about? Clearly not. Sorry if I jumped on you, but I hate people that perpetuate misinformation. If you don't know something for sure, then say that. Don't go around claiming it's fact.

Really Easy method for a giraffe

Map Foundries and Forges

Medium(before this has gained me a 37 upgrade giraffe with close to 25+ in all it's stats)

3. recharge and play kits/controllers

3 Huntress with a decent normal damage soul focuser(1kish) the one that shoots through the floors, Also you will need to make your Rt stick for maximum afk :) Penny's work well or elastic bands.

Set up at the top of the map with a squire with some spinners crossbows or whatever the set up doesn't really matter, The soul focusers shooting through the floors does most of the work because it auto targets anything comming out of spawn.Just make sure you place you huntress under the spinners so if any dark elfs do manage to make it up they should jump into your spinners.

Do this solo offline that way no bullshit no lost connections and you can pause if you need to or scared to afk from it although doing this you should be able to afk the whole thing.

I hope this helps people get the giraffe :)

Why do people need to brag, and then cover their ass at the same time? Good for you? I got third not too long ago on labs survival by getting to wave 23 on medium, not to mention #1 on insane on labs via the campaign. What's that prove? You know what you're talking about? Clearly not. Sorry if I jumped on you, but I hate people that perpetuate misinformation. If you don't know something for sure, then say that. Don't go around claiming it's fact.

Brag? Grow up. The guy was saying how he spent 17 hours and failed and I was making a comparison with the method I used. Want to hear me brag? I had the game almost 2 weeks before release because I write guides for a website, day one I had almost top 10 on all leaderboards above hard. Want to know why I didn't brag? Because it means nothing.

Why did I bring up the fact that I was rank 7 when I did this? Because you accused me of lying. I don't know what I'm talking about? 200+ hours sunk into the game and I have made a comprehensive insane challenge guide, I even posted it here for people to use considering how bad the achievement guide is.

You just wanted to come in 'pounce' on me to try and show you know more than me, you're semantically bragging about it by posting twice about me being wrong. See how stupid that sounds?

I'm going to be the better man here and not reply to the imminent reply finding the apparent flaws in my story. You are one of the reasons why flame wars are started.

Edited by The Reaper0

Brag? Grow up. The guy was saying how he spent 17 hours and failed and I was making a comparison with the method I used. Want to hear me brag? I had the game almost 2 weeks before release because I write guides for a website, day one I had almost top 10 on all leaderboards above hard. Want to know why I didn't brag? Because it means nothing.

Why did I bring up the fact that I was rank 7 when I did this? Because you accused me of lying. I don't know what I'm talking about? 200+ hours sunk into the game and I have made a comprehensive insane challenge guide, I even posted it here for people to use considering how bad the achievement guide is.

You just wanted to come in 'pounce' on me to try and show you know more than me, you're semantically bragging about it by posting twice about me being wrong. See how stupid that sounds?

I'm going to be the better man here and not reply to the imminent reply finding the apparent flaws in my story. You are one of the reasons why flame wars are started.

*pats on shoulder* It's ok, he does it all the time.

The Wave count maxes out differently for every map, the difficulty and number of players does not affect the MAX.

Deeper Wells maxes out at 9K

Alch Labs maxes out at 22K

Foundried and Forges is 27k i believe.

The PC players have a different Survival at the moment were the top wave is 25 but the mobs are more difficult (more Dmg and HP).