The Purge (2013)

iBuzz7S

This is just insane!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0LLaybEuzA]The Purge Official Trailer #1 (2013) - Ethan Hawke, Lena Headey Thriller HD - YouTube[/ame]

Given the country's overcrowded prisons, the U.S. government begins to allow 12-hour periods of time in which all illegal activity is legal. During one of these free-for-alls, a family must protect themselves from a home invasion.

What I don't get is, why is it that the one person they help, everyone is after him? Feels like something that has been done before, but I just can't think of the film.

How would an annual crime spree help anything? It's not like the property damage gets undone the next morning. Worse yet, any injuries sustained don't heal right away. It seems unlikely that anyone would just let bygones be bygones after you take their arm off because you wanted to see them bleed. Maybe the perpetrators make sure to kill you and everyone that cared about you in one night? Absolutley stupid movie. Panic room had a better premise (also includes Kristen Stewart).

How would an annual crime spree help anything? It's not like the property damage gets undone the next morning. Worse yet, any injuries sustained don't heal right away. It seems unlikely that anyone would just let bygones be bygones after you take their arm off because you wanted to see them bleed. Maybe the perpetrators make sure to kill you and everyone that cared about you in one night? Absolutley stupid movie. Panic room had a better premise (also includes Kristen Stewart).

I want to say the movie will slowly reveal everything.... but I doubt it.

A plot with holes in it.

I am interested in their fictitious solution that basically stopped crime

• 2 weeks later...

The concept of most movies are ridiculous...a species of intergalactic, invading aliens manipulate a Norse god into opening a space time rift above NYC to invade the earth. Only to be beaten back by a billionaire playboy genius, a WWII soldier, a god, a spy, an archer and a monster...didn't stop The Avengers for being fucking amazing.

I'm interested in this movie, it looks good, fairly original (not sure of the movie Buzz is talking about, I could be wrong) amongst the sea of remakes, reboots and sequels we are constantly buried under. I would have to imagine that the property damage caused in one night weighed against the cost of crime over a year is fractional at best. Also if someone you know was murdered couldn't you just plot and plan your revenge until the next purge?

I've actually seen this movie already. You should deff check it out when it comes out!!!

Yes, that's the point. This movie was so predictable, I predicted practically everything that happened.

Dude do you even know what day it is? I've seen you comment in multiple threads and your posts barely make sense and never take into account what anyone else is saying. It makes my brain hurt.

Keith Richards called, he want's his peyote back. Jesus.

• 9 months later...
TOTALLY not worth it's own post, so I'm putting it here; Purge 2 is coming out in June. It immediately jumps to the front of my mind as the worst (possibly second worst, After Earth #1) movie that came out last year so I know I won't be going to see the sequel.

Was coming to post about it, but may as well just continue this thread. :p

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwxDUqE9txQ&hd=1]The Purge: Anarchy - Teaser Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

It's going to be the new Saw.

It's going to be the new Saw.

Yea -.- while I guess this could work better than a million Saw movies or Paranormal Activity movies, since you could tell a different family's story every year... like I said, I HATED the first. If they can make this movie less over the top stupid (characters doing really stupid shit) or excessively cliché, it may still redeem the series.

I mean I personally found it interesting and somewhat disturbing. Still wasn't that great of a horror movie, but it has been a while since I could say I enjoyed one. Save for the most recent silent hill which was a great adaptation of the game. Otherwise most horror movies at this point go straight for gore, and torture. Nothing that is really scary per say just graphic.

• 3 weeks later...