Can't summon or be summoned. Am I too high leveled?

osakamitsu

I am traveling around laying my sun sign down and I never get summoned. I also never see anyone else's signs. I used to see them everywhere. Now I don't. I'm connected just fine. I am SL 107. Is this too high? Or am I able to go back to the first boss and expect to be summoned with scaled down stats? I haven't been invaded in a very long time either.

WHY does this game insist on kicking you back to the main menu just because you lose connection? So fucking stupid. Every 5-10 minutes, back to the main menu!

In the Network options to the left of Quit Game, you can choose to be in Offline or Online mode. I just went Offline because dealing with that bullshit is annoying.

So, from what I read, unless you're using a password and then can play with your friends or clan members whatever their playthrough or SL, you can only summon or be summoned by people a few levels below you or a few levels above. At least according to the beta fextralife summon range calculator.

For you, OP, it's between 87 and 127, so in my opinion, you have better chances at boss doors at the end of the game. If you're trying to farm in front of the first 3 bosses hoping to get easy and quick Sunlight medals, it probably won't find anyone.

That being said, I'm in your boat, I've been experiencing a lot of Xbox Live issues and as of this moment, unless by friends, I haven't been summoned by anyone despite many attempts. Ever. Anywhere.

I used dried fingers, red eye orbs, etc. Just keeps failing.

In case you manage to co-op with a friend, and he's stuck in your world, or just wants to leave before the boss, don't you or him use your Black Separation Crystal. It adds penalties to your soft account every time you do. Just have him jump off a cliff instead.

In case you manage to co-op with a friend, and he's stuck in your world, or just wants to leave before the boss, don't you or him use your Black Separation Crystal. It adds penalties to your soft account every time you do. Just have him jump off a cliff instead.

I've read that this is unconfirmed or at the very least it adds less points than it would for just quitting. Seems ridiculous that you could be punished for this.

I've read that this is unconfirmed or at the very least it adds less points than it would for just quitting. Seems ridiculous that you could be punished for this.

Someone tested it, if you use it 30+ times you can't play online with that character unless you use the Way of the White Circlet. No one knows how to get another WotWC once you have used it, though, so if you get soft banned again after using it, that character is fucked for use online.

Just so you know you get penalties added to your account for:

Disconnecting during a co-op session (this includes server crashes, modem crashes and XBL fuck ups)

Disconnecting during an invasion/being invaded (I agree with this one)

Using the Black Separation Crystal too much

I got soft banned over the weekend due to the XBL fuck ups and have say that it is bullshit.

Edited by Bulletman

Someone tested it, if you use it 30+ times you can't play online with that character unless you use the Way of the White Circlet. No one knows how to get another WotWC once you have used it, though, so if you get soft banned again after using it, that character is fucked for use online.

Just so you know you get penalties added to your account for:

Disconnecting during a co-op session (this includes server crashes, modem crashes and XBL fuck ups)

Disconnecting during an invasion/being invaded (I agree with this one)

Using the Black Separation Crystal too much

I got soft banned over the weekend due to the XBL fuck ups and have say that it is bullshit.

I wonder how close I am then... does it give you a message when you are soft banned?

The hard bosses seem to be active for higher SLs as well. That is the Lords of Cinder, NK, Dancer and Champion. Though, at some point, you're bound to run out of luck since only a portion of the player base will bother going anywhere near 200 or something...

Above level 200 summoning is much less frequent. I was at level 210 and I was summoned only once or twice against Nameless King.

Edited by ImaginaryRuins