Purchase or Rental?

I'm trying to figure out if this is the kind of game that's worth the purchase (has great replay value) or I should just rent for a few days on Redbox. It's my understanding that the game has only about fifteen hours of playtime, which is enough for me to crush through in three or four rental days.

Thanks for any advice.

I'm trying to figure out if this is the kind of game that's worth the purchase (has great replay value) or I should just rent for a few days on Redbox. It's my understanding that the game has only about fifteen hours of playtime, which is enough for me to crush through in three or four rental days.

Thanks for any advice.

definitely worth buying, but if you're just wanting it to smash through the game and get the achievements then I would recommend just renting it

definitely worth buying, but if you're just wanting it to smash through the game and get the achievements then I would recommend just renting it

I'm not much of an achievement junkie, I just enjoy the added value they give. So for me it's all about the game experience.

The game is fun and hilarious. If you're enough of a South Park fan where you'd want to play it years down the road like you might want to watch the movie or a given season on DVD, obviously it's a buy.

If you're not a big fan (or are just a casual fan) and would be okay with playing it one or two times (I got three playthrus in in a week's time), then never playing it again, rent it.

It really is something of an interactive episode, so just keep that in mind when making your decision. That, or you could rent it, and if you really enjoy it and want it like you might any other SP medium, you can then buy it later when it goes on sale/sees a price drop.

It's a great game for a South Park fan but as much as I loved it I regret paying $60 for it. For this type of game it is very short. Rental or wait for a big price drop.

Yeah it could easily be a rental, but I don't regret spending the $60 at all. I have two sons that want to play it when I'm done and then I'll loan it to a couple of people from work depending on what they have to lend back. It's a great trader.

Rental. U clould play though the game multipal times as the different classes but the classes dont differ that much. Any class can use any weapon or armor set so the only thing different about the classes are the 5 skills u can use in battle. Just be warned that some collectables and achievments are missable so be prepared if ur going for 1000G.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Every South Park fan should buy it. If you're not a fan of the show, then I guess renting or not playing it at all is enough. I mean, I don't think it's a must play game. The jokes alone make it so, not tom netion it's nothing ground breaking. But for a South Park fan it'll be heaven!

• 5 weeks later...

I like South Park, but this is not a long game and with a good guide, you can get everything in one playthrough. And once you know the story, there's really no incentive to play again. All the classes don't have much differentiation to them. Nevertheless, it's a great game, but I would wait to buy it until it has come down in price.

Ultimately, whether you watch South Park is the reason to buy this. Being a fan of the show, though not necessary to enjoy the story and game, will make the experience exponentially better as you play as you'll get all the jokes and references (ex. the meaning behind all the stuff in the kids' closets).