Achievement Guide and Roadmap

FeLizP

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i found out that if you talk in a positive tone, everybody that you have to help to get the Everyday Hero achievement. For Todd, in stage 5, he talks about his dad, you have to pick the first answer "He's a terrible father" or along those lines. If you pick the option "It's in the past" he'll appear on the news report as a victim. Also in the same area you also talk to Daniel if you select the option "To make her happy" or something along those lines he'll survive, if you don't he'll die when you finish stage 5.

Added. Nice find, it works! However it takes a few tries to get the achievement because sometimes you won't blow up 15. More info on what to say for decisions on the Endings and patron achievements will be added soon!

There are several spring boxes as you make your way up early into the stage. You should notice the front design of them is different from normal blocks.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110716232014/catherinethegame/images/thumb/4/4e/SpringBlock.png/180px-SpringBlock.png

You'll know when you land on one because you'll bounce 5 blocks into the air. You have to use these to progress anyway so you can't miss them! If you're going for "I Can Fly" check the solution further above in the guide.

I can't seem to get either "I Can Fly!" or "Bomberlamb." Can you post a video guide please? Thanks for the guide, too. It helped me out.

chaos is red, law is blue.

Thanks that's what I thought. Do you know if there is any video guides on YouTube or something for "I Can Fly!" and/or "Bomberlamb?"

EDIT: I just got "Bomberlamb," but I am still trying to get "I Can Fly!""

EDIT 2: I just got "I Can Fly!" I think the easiest place to get this (on Easy mode, not sure if difficulty matters) is on 9-1. You will start the level, and see stairs to the left. Climb the stairs, and head straight until you see a staircase of Dark blocks to your right. Stop! If you look at the ground, there will be 3 blocks side by side that have a different outline in front of you. These 3 blocks are spring blocks. Go to one of them, bounce up, come down, then go to the next one. Bounce up, come down, then go to the next one. Once you bounce and come down on the 3rd block without grabbing on to anything in between, the achievement should unlock. NOTE: May take more than one attempt.

Edited by ExistedDoughnut

Just about to watch my LAST ending. Whew! That took forever. Anyway, I got I CAN FLY on 6-1 or 6-2, about halfway up on the right there are two spring boxes, bounce back and forth between them. I think if you fall at the beginning of 5-1 (go down and left towards the screen) that there are spring boxes down there as well. Hope this helps!

Bomberlamb

Best place for this is 6-2. You can move one of the bigger explosions (brighter colored bomb block) and it'll cause a chain reaction, which will count. If put in the middle of a set of five, and it'll go up three and down three, for a max of 25. There's a spot with only immovable heavy ones, and if you move it, then jump on it, it'll give you the achievement, no problem.

Bomberlamb

Best place for this is 6-2. You can move one of the bigger explosions (brighter colored bomb block) and it'll cause a chain reaction, which will count. If put in the middle of a set of five, and it'll go up three and down three, for a max of 25. There's a spot with only immovable heavy ones, and if you move it, then jump on it, it'll give you the achievement, no problem.

What difficulty were you playing on when you did this? Block placement in stages vary based on what difficulty you were playing on.

I forgot to ask this to other posts for block achievements but it just hit me that some people play on Easy and others Normal. Hopefully this won't matter too much it shouldn't be necessary to go back and write for some of the solutions what difficulty it must be on in order for it to work. Wonder if anyone is playing on Hard yet? Heh.

Edited by FeLizP

Hey FeLizP!

Great achievement guide, it looks awesome!

Some info on the endings...they are really tricky because question 4 changes based on how you answer question 2 and question 3 (and question 1 doesn't matter at all). So having answer guides is a bit hard, considering there's multiple ways to get the same endings.

You can try to incorporate my endings guide, which should have everything:

http://catherinethegame.wikia.com/wiki/Endings

And my other ending page actually has the break out of the calculations of how the endings are done, though it's ugly and still missing some text...but it's interesting nonetheless:

http://catherinethegame.wikia.com/wiki/Endings_Spoiler

Can't wait to see your guide finalized!

--

Catherine Wiki

http://catherinethegame.wikia.com/

Hey FeLizP!

Great achievement guide, it looks awesome!

Some info on the endings...they are really tricky because question 4 changes based on how you answer question 2 and question 3 (and question 1 doesn't matter at all). So having answer guides is a bit hard, considering there's multiple ways to get the same endings.

You can try to incorporate my endings guide, which should have everything:

http://catherinethegame.wikia.com/wiki/Endings

And my other ending page actually has the break out of the calculations of how the endings are done, though it's ugly and still missing some text...but it's interesting nonetheless:

http://catherinethegame.wikia.com/wiki/Endings_Spoiler

Can't wait to see your guide finalized!

--

Catherine Wiki

Saru! Hey, I didn't know you had an account here, it's great to here from you! Not sure if you know this but you are the official author of this guide not me, most of it's contents and links are carried straight from your wiki page for Catherine because it's extremely comprehensive!

I have been using your wikia the whole time and even days before the game came out. Yes the endings are a bit complex but this is an achievement site so it comes down to whatever selection of responses get people their desired ending. I have linked most of the ending related criteria to the pages you have left in your post. Try looking back at the guide and clicking some of the links and you'll see they go to your stuff. This is a heavily interactive guide thanks to you. There's still small tidbits of information I have to fix here and there anyway with the patron and Rapunzel achievements, plus easiest ways to get the block related achievements.

I too can't wait to finalize this guide it's been a blast but a ton of work at the same time. Could you do me a favor and update some of the patron achievements on your wiki page? I've been looking for more detailed solutions but it's not totally necessary they're easy enough to obtain, There are other things I want to discuss with you like a collaboration on a FAQS(Q & A) thread but I'll get back to it later.

Nice to hear from you!:)

Edited by FeLizP

Saru! Hey, I didn't know you had an account here, it's great to here from you! Not sure if you know this but you are the official author of this guide not me, most of it's contents and links are carried straight from your wiki page for Catherine because it's extremely comprehensive!

I have been using your wikia the whole time and even days before the game came out. Yes the endings are a bit complex but this is an achievement site so it comes down to whatever selection of responses get people their desired ending. I have linked most of the ending related criteria to the pages you have left in your post. Try looking back at the guide and clicking some of the links and you'll see they go to your stuff. This is a heavily interactive guide thanks to you. There's still small tidbits of information I have to fix here and there anyway with the patron and Rapunzel achievements, plus easiest ways to get the block related achievements.

I too can't wait to finalize this guide it's been a blast but a ton of work at the same time. Could you do me a favor and update some of the patron achievements on your wiki page? I've been looking for more detailed solutions but it's not totally necessary they're easy enough to obtain, There are other things I want to discuss with you like a collaboration on a FAQS(Q & A) thread but I'll get back to it later.

Nice to hear from you!:)

Oh wow...thank you! I really appreciate it...it means a lot to know that you think it's comprehensive and well done, and most of all that you could start a real achievement guide off of it! It's been a lot of fun to do the past couple months.

As for the patron guides, funny you should ask that, because I just finished it up a couple hours ago. I had all the info scattered around the Days and Landings walkthrough, but I converged it all into one page:

http://catherinethegame.wikia.com/wiki/Everyday_Hero

I can guarantee following that will get you all the achievements in one playthrough, since that's what I did on my first one. What I don't know is how many (if any) of the normal 'Sheep' Landing conversations in that guide are also needed. The original information came from a Japanese site, and my next playthrough I'm going to see if I can still get it all while only talking to the patrons themselves. I probably won't be able to get to it for another week or so though. Let me know if there's anything else you need. :)

And I'd love to do a collaboration of some kind! Just give me the word.

--

Catherine Wiki

Oh wow...thank you! I really appreciate it...it means a lot to know that you think it's comprehensive and well done, and most of all that you could start a real achievement guide off of it! It's been a lot of fun to do the past couple months.

As for the patron guides, funny you should ask that, because I just finished it up a couple hours ago. I had all the info scattered around the Days and Landings walkthrough, but I converged it all into one page:

http://catherinethegame.wikia.com/wiki/Everyday_Hero

I can guarantee following that will get you all the achievements in one playthrough, since that's what I did on my first one. What I don't know is how many (if any) of the normal 'Sheep' Landing conversations in that guide are also needed. The original information came from a Japanese site, and my next playthrough I'm going to see if I can still get it all while only talking to the patrons themselves. I probably won't be able to get to it for another week or so though. Let me know if there's anything else you need. :)

And I'd love to do a collaboration of some kind! Just give me the word.

--

Catherine Wiki

Sweet! I just linked that to the Everyday Hero achievement and may link it to the individual Patron achievements as well since they are easily missable anyway. I applaud your work because it really looks like you took your time on that wiki page and it shows!

What I had in mind for us was a Q&A thread where we post commonly asked questions(if you need examples check the Catherine forum) and answer them in a detailed objective manner. Doing so will minimize the clutter in the forums with people posting random threads about the game. I don't expect this idea to terminate the random threads but it should at least minimize it.

I can have the moderators sticky it along with this guide. Sound like a plan?

I did everything the guide said to choose for answers for Morgan the cop to have him live and he died on the 6th day at the bar. :/

Odd thing is I think I may have chose a wrong answer for another character and they still lived.

unless it has something to do with one of the "Technique" questions since those can be repeated. I dont know why this is, but I always talk to a person until the Talk heading is grayed out. I may have talked to him twice for the technique question he asks on Quadrangle 5-2 and chose correct the first time and picked "Sorry" for the second time I asked but I dont think that would have an effect on it.

Pretty ticked though because I doubt Ill be playing this game again. even using puzzle video walkthrus it can be frustrating on some stages, mainy boss stages.

Edited by Vivi

This is unrelated to this guide about achievements..but I think I found a Death Note reference in this game. (I'm not 100% sure.) While I was playing, I picked up a "Remove Enemies" book and used it right away. Then Vincent said "I'll take this, and use it." Kinda sounds like "I'll take a potato chip, and eat it." lol

Edited by ExistedDoughnut

I did everything the guide said to choose for answers for Morgan the cop to have him live and he died on the 6th day at the bar. :/

Odd thing is I think I may have chose a wrong answer for another character and they still lived.

unless it has something to do with one of the "Technique" questions since those can be repeated. I dont know why this is, but I always talk to a person until the Talk heading is grayed out. I may have talked to him twice for the technique question he asks on Quadrangle 5-2 and chose correct the first time and picked "Sorry" for the second time I asked but I dont think that would have an effect on it.

Pretty ticked though because I doubt Ill be playing this game again. even using puzzle video walkthrus it can be frustrating on some stages, mainy boss stages.

The patron achievements are very picky about unlock requirements! Personally, I still can't seem to get Archie or Todds achievements. I fill in their requests but they never showed up on Day 8. I let Justin and Daniel die in that playthrough though so maybe that affected it in some way.

You probably told Morgan you already knew about some techniques because it appears for some patrons if you choose just one answer that doesn't trigger their appearance on Day 8 to thank you, then they won't show up. See HERE and check it off as you go if you have another playthrough left in ya. If you have an early save that could spare you some time of starting a fresh playthrough.

Sweet! I just linked that to the Everyday Hero achievement and may link it to the individual Patron achievements as well since they are easily missable anyway. I applaud your work because it really looks like you took your time on that wiki page and it shows!

What I had in mind for us was a Q&A thread where we post commonly asked questions(if you need examples check the Catherine forum) and answer them in a detailed objective manner. Doing so will minimize the clutter in the forums with people posting random threads about the game. I don't expect this idea to terminate the random threads but it should at least minimize it.

I can have the moderators sticky it along with this guide. Sound like a plan?

Awesome! I hope it helps people...like I said, one of my next playthroughs I'm cement what is and isn't necessary for the achievement. And thanks again :D

Your plan for a Q&A thread sounds like a great idea...you are right, on all the Catherine boards, the same questions tend to pop up, and it would be great to have it all taken care of in one place. Want me to start gathering up some questions and answers from what I see, and then we can combine?

--

Catherine Wiki

http://catherinethegame.wikia.com

Awesome! I hope it helps people...like I said, one of my next playthroughs I'm cement what is and isn't necessary for the achievement. And thanks again :D

Your plan for a Q&A thread sounds like a great idea...you are right, on all the Catherine boards, the same questions tend to pop up, and it would be great to have it all taken care of in one place. Want me to start gathering up some questions and answers from what I see, and then we can combine?

--

Catherine Wiki

http://catherinethegame.wikia.com

Of course that would be great. I'll be sure to make the answers comprehensive and impartial to anything. I mostly want to include questions in the FAQ that are achievement and game related but it wouldn't hurt to put questions in like:

Q: "What's this game about? Is it Hard?"

Q:" What's with the Sheep?"

Q: "So all you do is climb blocks?"

And as well, there's always game related questions like:

Q: "How long is this game, what difficulty should I start on?"

But mostly achievement related questions should be in the FAQ like:

Q: "I can't seem to get......to appear at the Stray Sheep on the 8th Day to thank me for helping him (patron achievements). Am I doing something wrong?

Q:" How can I get my Karma meter in the middle for the True Freedom Ending, help?"

I'll get started as soon as the guide is 100% complete.

I can confirm that Legendary Prince unlocks after beating the Extra 64 stages, with all the rosaries. It's one of the toughest 50G to get on your own without any help.

Good to hear. Now the Rapunzel solutions can finally be 100% accurate. I gave you a mention in the Special Thanks section for your work with the Rapunzel game.

Edited by FeLizP

Firstly, great guide, thank you.

Secondly, a question regarding Everyday Hero. I played through without assistance my first time and managed to help 4 of the 5 patrons.

Do I need to save all 5 on my next play to get Everyday Hero, or do I just need to help Daniel, the one I missed?

If anyone knows, great. If not, I'll play through and just help Daniel and see if it works. I've got mostly Gold on easy, so a replay won't take long.

Thanks in advance.

Firstly, great guide, thank you.

Secondly, a question regarding Everyday Hero. I played through without assistance my first time and managed to help 4 of the 5 patrons.

Do I need to save all 5 on my next play to get Everyday Hero, or do I just need to help Daniel, the one I missed?

If anyone knows, great. If not, I'll play through and just help Daniel and see if it works. I've got mostly Gold on easy, so a replay won't take long.

Thanks in advance.

I would strongly suggest you save all 5 patrons on your second run because I missed Todd and Archie my first run, decided to save ONLY them on my second run and NOBODY showed up on the 8th Day to thank me because they all died. It seems that some patrons being saved coincides whether or not others will appear as well (or not, it may depend).

You may not have to save all 5 to get Daniel but to be safe I say save all 5 on your 2nd run to avoid wasting time on another run if you'll have to. You will have to speak to them at the Landings/Stray Sheep and answer them accordingly all over again which will be a pain but it'll be worth it.

Also be sure that you're following the "Law" side because I was on "Chaos" when nobody showed up on the 8th Day. One more thing, Daniel probably didn't show up because you probably picked the wrong answer in one of your conversations with him which can automatically result in them not showing up on the 8th Day. See HERE for more details.

Tell me if you get him to show on your next run!

Edited by FeLizP