Ugghh battlelord..

brownstar ninja

The easiest Methode is this, works 100% on every Difficulty

regards

Although that is an Easy method, it's not the "Easiest". If you carry the Devastator from an earlier level it deals more damage at a faster rate. You also shouldn't remain in one place when the Battlelord begins moving. It's easy to dodge the explosive shots which nearly killed the player in the vid you posted. Also, the player wasted most of the damage from the trip mines by detonating the pipebombs. Rather, after sticking the first horn in - get behind the boss while he starts to stand up. Throw all trip mines and pipe bombs near each other behind him and let him walk into the trip mine causing all the mines and pipe bombs to detonate directly under him. You do NOT need to then use just pipe bombs, takes longer than needed. On Normal or below - 5 RPG shots should be enough. On Insane, you really should have the Devastator and he will be dead almost instantly after going through the bombs if you unload all you have on him.

If this seems to hard, there also is a breakable box near the explosive pile with a Holoduke. Use that during the second wave after the boss walks through the explosives and you won't have to worry about anything. But since his health drops so quickly in second wave, you may feel like you wasted it.

Doens't work for me it seems.

Whenever I run back to the nades he's already standing beside the bus, whooping my ass through the bus (yeah he's wallbanging me).

How you get him to just stand there ?

EDIT: Holoduke also seems bugged for me in this fight. Despite being invisble, his homing rockets thingies still rape me mercilessly...sigh, was so happy so find a way to make this fight easy, but fighting him regurlarly on Insane is a true pain.

Edited by danksch
forgot sth

• 1 month later...

The second this happens, run and crouch behind the second ammo crate, the in th middle of the dame, and fire repeated rockets at him, This will stun him, and you should only take minor damage, then when u kill him a second time, run all the way back to the 1st ammo crate, at beggining of dam, and do the same. Try it and you'll see what I mean, hope this helps

• 4 weeks later...

If you want, you can also set up 20-30 pipe bombs on the floor before you even start the fight. I threw them on the ground near where you walk onto the dam (next to an ammo crate) and when the Battlelord walked over them I popped them all at once. Took off half his life bar in one shot.

You have to be careful when you detonate them, though, as if he's not directly on top them they won't hit him.

The second this happens, run and crouch behind the second ammo crate, the in th middle of the dame, and fire repeated rockets at him, This will stun him, and you should only take minor damage, then when u kill him a second time, run all the way back to the 1st ammo crate, at beggining of dam, and do the same. Try it and you'll see what I mean, hope this helps

This works :) Thanks.

actually..it worked once and the second time i went to do it he turned at about 10% into phase 2 and attacked the NPCs for the rest of the fight lol..

Edited by Shiftie

Found a trick about this dude lol, the very first time taking him down, go all the way to the back of the map, hide behind the taxi and just unload on him, keep resupplying and repeating to he has one hit left, soon as he has one hit left get close to him and blast his ass, then do the (A) thing .. This works easily on hard(which i am playing on at the moment..)

he literally stays way in front of you at all times.

Second round, their is a truck he can not move, and seems to get stuck on, and a good place to sit behind to get ego back up.. stay behind their.. slowly move shoot move shoot, also remember to quickly get your ammo refill.. or you will get mirked, and keep repeating what i said.