Easily complete Aperture Science achievement

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I knew about this BEFORE I tried this achievement, although it does feel good getting gold legit, a few challenges just sucked ass and took me forever. What is really sad is the very first chamber with least time took me the longest. You had to beat it in under 19 seconds and no matter how many times I did it I still ended up with 20 seconds. Finally said screw it and went to bed. Woke up the next morning and got it my 2nd try.

you suck with a 360 controller, but in halo 2 you're a general grade 2? with an almost complete social medal chest, a truly ridiculous number of invincibles and perfections? and five killionaires?

you can't suck that badly, dude.

Halo and portal and completely different games, I don't see how medals in a social chest (which can be gotten with firends) has to do with being better with a xbox controller than a mouse and keyboard.

But anyway, thanks to this I finally got the three science achievements :).

Halo and portal and completely different games, I don't see how medals in a social chest (which can be gotten with firends) has to do with being better with a xbox controller than a mouse and keyboard.

i dunno. they're not THAT different. same basic principles at play, similar controls. i'm just saying, he can't be that bad with a controller if he's a general in halo -- the game's just hard.

I didn't use any cheats to get all golds but I will admit to using some glitches. I used the portal bump glitch to get out of the first room in chamber 16 early, and also to go straight to the incinerator room in chamber 17 without having to raise any of the platforms. They saved me a lot of trouble.

Here's the thing. I like Portal, and I dislike frustration. I dislike frustration more than I like Portal, but I don't want to associate dislike with Portal.

So when it comes time for me to try for the Gold and there's an easy way to do it, you bet your butt I'll input those cheat codes. Because I can. If they really work.

The codes work great for least portals and the advanced maps, but I just can't seem do well at least steps. Every time I go through a portal, it's two more steps! What am I doing wrong? They help some with least time, though. Mixed results there (chamber 13 seems impossible to me...can't get better than 39 seconds).

Someone up there asked what deactivate the colored buttons (or something like that) meant. It means you should go to controller options and remove A=jump, B=crouch, and X=use. Just play with Lb, Rb, and Ls so that you aren't jumping and crouching as you input the codes. This increases your cube creating accuracy by quite a bit, though using the shoulder buttons to play can take some getting used to.

• 1 month later...
Do we know if this is still attainable with the cheats after all of the updates?

Thanks.

Love portal and I love my controllers.... thus I will save my frustration, aggression, time, and money by getting the achievements this way...

Yeah, I'm curious as well, seeing as I have some down time, I figured I would give those last three achievements a go. Do the cheats work? And can somebody please explain the inner workings of how to do this efficiently? Thanks.

dont believe me please, i probably did something wrong because i cleared my cache and it still says i cheated so i probably did something wrong

EDIT: i can confirm that i did it wrong and it is still working xD

Edited by nexuscore

I can confirm that this still works just like in the video - without "clearing cache."

Weird though - I unlocked all three at the same time but it gave them to me out of order. First I got Basic Science (bronze), then Aperture Science (gold), and then Rocket Science (silver).

Edited by androsmere
update