Based on the DC version?

Loftin08

"it's ported from the Arcade/DC. it runs smoother than the PS2/X-Box which have like graphing and control response issues and stuff. The PS2/X-Box versions were slower due to the processing power and stuff, the DC version is exactly identical to the arcade version because the dc and arcade versions both run on NAOMI which was critical for running the DC version exactly as the arcade. the PS3 has more than enough power and performance to run the game flawlessly." -wilmer007 (gamespot forums)

just seems like "minor" speed/response issues in the ps2/xbox versions that just leave it a little from arcade perfect...at least this is what i've found.

• 4 weeks later...

right the DC had a flawless version of the arcade. the PS2 and box decided to make the characters larger and scarifice some of the background elements in order to please the customers. It therefore had to give up some of the processing power losing some of the speed. It is still not too noticable however, and the PS2 box versions are great. They just miss some of the animation because of the speed of the processing.

• 1 month later...
Amen. Maybe we could get Cannon Spike and Powerstone ports if this does well for Capcom.

Ive been thinking how great it would be powerstone came to xbl, i really hope they have/are thinking about that as it was such a fun game.

Im still kinda hoping for 3rd strike but not sure if they would do that. Powerstone should be a must though.

• 2 weeks later...

The PS2 controller didn't work as well as the DC one. DC d-pad beat out every d-pad on the market at the time. Xbox version was mainly canned because it's announced online support got dropped like a month before the game came out, so there was no reason to wait 3 years for a game that had no changes other than longer load times and crappy controls.

Also, I concur on a 3rd Strike port. 3rd Strike is easily the best SF game and one of the greatest fighters ever. Capcom needs to put that crap out in any form. I would pay like $30 for them to do it, too.