Downloading for Windows 8

Corrupt.

• 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Well, I've tried to download Tinker through installing GFWL but I can't play. It continuously asks me for a serial number in order to play. I enter my legit Halo 2 serial, my SFIV serial, my GTA IV serial... to no avail. In the main interface of GFWL it is stuck on the retrieving the product key, so maybe some part of GFWL is disabled and it can't be played any more than Halo 2 MP.

EDIT. Just in case someone arrives at the same problem than me. It is possible to earn and unlock achievements in Tinker on GFWL, but you need the following:

Tinker in your GFWL account, since no new "keys" are being created on Games for Windows Live.

A legit GFWL game that runs, i.e. GTA IV, Street Fighter IV or Halo 2.

Of course, to have the framework installed an be able to run these games.

First we need to run a legit GFWL in order to download our profile. I have just unwrapped a new Halo 2 copy, activated it and then it downloaded my profile on my Windows 10 x64 computer but any genuine game would have done the trick. Now that we have our profile downloaded, we are able to play offline, just as if there was no Internet momentarily.

When you start Tinker, it will ask you for a serial. Just ignore it and proceed to play the game "offline". Any achievement unlocked will count towards your GS total, which won't be synced to the Xbox Live servers because we're, well, offline. Now exit Tinker and run your legit GFWL game and the achievements should update. If they don't, just sign out and sign in again.

You can check my "Villodre" profile and check that I unlocked Tinker achievements today. Hope it can help someone.

Edited by Villodre
Solution to my problem posted