Xbox LIVE parties ruin everything!

My Gamertag is Papa Skull

Well if i join a game of say, Halo 3 with a couple of friends and we talk in game chat.

We usually end up with a bunch of douches that demand we speak English so we usually say screw that and stay in party chat.

Except when i play MLG i do go in game chat cuz its basiclly essential to winning.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never used to rely on chatter from people on my team before party chat, as most of it was just that, useless chatter. I didn't want to know what some guy from Chicago has just had for dinner, shudder to think what some German guy is shouting aggressively at or try to translate what some French guy thinks about me. Not only was party chat useless, I wouldn't rely on people to tell me tactics and such anyway, they might be wrong.

Well, you dont have to be a 50 to play mlg. When i was playing mlg i was a 48 i think which is pretty good. At that level you definitely need mics. I always play mlg alone because i like to focus on my individual skill rather than depending on others. Id rather be beast by myself than be beast when im with a team.

And btw, if your talking about me then im going for my 50 in mlg......not something easy like dubs or slayer.

yea sure talk to me when u get a 50 in MLG. an u have 3416XP BRIGADIER GRADE 2 its going to take u like 100 games to rank up good luck with that Edited by FoX I tD

The old days were good but you didn't have much choice. Now there's a choice and it works.

Although i do find it funny when you're talking really smooth to some friends and some little brat joins your party with a squeaking voice being a dick and you all check each others friends list to see where he came from.

Or you are in a party with a group of friends and a different friend joins and you are all on a complete different level. (very awkward)

That's why I set any party I start to private.

I kinda get what the OP is saying, a lot of my closest friends on Live were made in the old days by just chatting crap to random people, however this one situation on Gears 2 a few months back made me realise just how awesome not having to be in general chat is: I was playing solo on Gears and ended up being matched with a team of four friends, all in general, all about ten. As is my way I was polite, said hi etc. tried talking tactics, but within about 5 minutes realised they were terrible, so stopped relying on them and got on with the game, I came easily top of my team and was promptly called a paedophile for playing video games, without getting too into my response I'll just mention that Gears is 18 rated for f*cks sake! From that moment on I pretty much stopped using general chat wherever possible.

Another awesome thing about parties is that if one of your mates is being a fool,the message "you were kicked from the xbox live party" says it much better than any words!

Peace

I kinda get what the OP is saying, a lot of my closest friends on Live were made in the old days by just chatting crap to random people, however this one situation on Gears 2 a few months back made me realise just how awesome not having to be in general chat is: I was playing solo on Gears and ended up being matched with a team of four friends, all in general, all about ten. As is my way I was polite, said hi etc. tried talking tactics, but within about 5 minutes realised they were terrible, so stopped relying on them and got on with the game, I came easily top of my team and was promptly called a paedophile for playing video games, without getting too into my response I'll just mention that Gears is 18 rated for f*cks sake! From that moment on I pretty much stopped using general chat wherever possible.

Another awesome thing about parties is that if one of your mates is being a fool,the message "you were kicked from the xbox live party" says it much better than any words!

Peace

Ah, I agree with everything you just said. Can't really make new friends, and public chat nowadays is full of pinheads.

Well said. :)

Knock off the e-fighting. Remember that winning a fight on the internet doesn't prove anything.

I've posted here multiple times, because I have something purposeful to say about parties every time. There is no rule against posting multiple times on one thread, but there are rules about spamming and posting pointless crap.

If public chat was a bit more... user friendly, I'd definitely prefer it over parties.

Knock off the e-fighting. Remember that winning a fight on the internet doesn't prove anything.

I've posted here multiple times, because I have something purposeful to say about parties every time. There is no rule against posting multiple times on one thread, but there are rules about spamming and posting pointless crap.

If public chat was a bit more... user friendly, I'd definitely prefer it over parties.

I agree with you on that one.

But what I was saying was that the guy posted here again just to diss me. That's all I'm sayin'. We're done.

Parties are great, but I know what you mean with the gamechat thing, a lot of people still use gamechat on Halo though. The worst thing I hate is when my friends join our party and then switch to gamechat and stay there, but don't leave the party. This is what always happens:

"I'm going to gamechat."

"Why?"

"I wanna talk to my teammates, it's fun."

"Well then leave the party and we'll invite you when you're done."

"No."

"Dude just seriously leave the party, this gets so annoying."

By the middle of that last sentence the person is already switched into game chat and stays in there for about an hour if we don't boot them.